Sponsored by:

Russia/Ukraine and Production Delays

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 12:43 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by OliverK68
Along with attacking the home of my ancestors, I can now add post-Covid production delays for my 992 to my reasons for hating Putin.
Well, there are many reasons to dislike Putin that long pre-date the Ukrainian invasion, including a long list of Putin critics that have mysteriously ended up dead, or in jail…and the massive Russian dis-information campaign leading up to the US 2016 election. Putin wanted to do what he could to try and make sure there was someone in the WH that he could manipulate….much like he’s trying to do in Ukraine.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 02-27-2022 at 12:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
peterdouglas (02-27-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 01:54 PM
centaur
Banned

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Well, there are many reasons to dislike Putin that long pre-date the Ukrainian invasion, including a long list of Putin critics that have mysteriously ended up dead, or in jail…and the massive Russian dis-information campaign leading up to the US 2016 election. Putin wanted to do what he could to try and make sure there was someone in the WH that he could manipulate….much like he’s trying to do in Ukraine.
LOL!
That's why Putin waited till now to attack Ukraine. Time to put down the crack pipe.
The following users liked this post:
Manoverpdk (02-28-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 05:27 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by centaur
LOL!
That's why Putin waited till now to attack Ukraine. Time to put down the crack pipe.
Sorry for the delayed response, but had to finish off the last bit of crack. Appreciate your humorous, if not delusional response. 😂 🤔

RE: Why Now?

One can speculate, but only Putin knows for sure?

Political pundits, historians, military experts, etc have all been analyzing this complex issue to try and dissect the origins and ultimate outcome of this conflict. I’ve read a number of different reasons being postulated. But despite what you might hear on the Faux Fake News Network, none of the experts can agree on a single reason for, “why now”? Geo-political conflicts never have neat, clear answers…despite what we would like to believe, or told by the media and politicians.

This much we do know for sure, however, Russia has been slowly amassing forces along the Ukrainian border since November 2021. On December 17, 2021, Russia issued a non-negotiable DEMAND, that if not met, Ukraine would suffer dire consequences. The primary demands were that NATO stop having military activities in Eastern Europe, and would never admit Ukraine into NATO. But here’s the telling fact: Per NATO’s charter, Ukraine would never have been admitted into NATO as long as there was a border dispute in Crimea (a Russian controlled territory). So, Putin already had the veto power over Ukraine ever entering NATO, as long as they controlled separatist territories. So, his “demand” was nothing more than a smoke screen, a pretext to his ultimate ambition…which is to establish a pro-Russian puppet regime in Ukraine..and to push back the lines to where they were before the collapse of the Soviet Union. After the December “demands” by Putin, there were a series of diplomatic meeting to try and find a path forward. But Putin already knew what he would do. The die had already been cast. As soon as he made a non-negotiable demand, a demand which he new he already controlled, the outcome was basically determined.

But, if you want to speculate that this never would have happened under the seditionists watch, then OK, lets speculate? By the way, please note that it was the seditionist, not Biden, that signed the peace and withdrawal agreement from Afghanistan with the Taliban, so this has zero to do with any perceived US strength, or lack thereof, resulting from the withdrawn from Afghanistan. None. The US was pulling out of Afghanistan, no matter who was in the White House. The war was basically over when Trump signed that agreement. Nevertheless, it’s quite possible that the seditionist may have had more traction with Putin, for the following reasons: (1) The seditionist was Putin’s pal. “Got on very well with Putin”, according to the Orange One. So, it’s possible that he could have found a way to satisfy Putin’s security demands…but he would have either had to betray NATO (who he didn’t like/respect, anyway), or betray Ukraine (after all, Ukraine did nothing to help Trump out with his vendetta against Hunter Biden and his old man); and (2) The seditionist already has a history of being unorthodox, to say the least, or as many have called him (even within his own party), a bit unstable. So, who wants to threaten war with a crazy man? After all, he did threaten that other crazy man in North Korea with nuclear war: https://theintercept.com/2021/01/20/...p-north-korea/

Problem is, nukes and craziness is not a good mix.

Peace out….

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 02-27-2022 at 06:30 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by CodyBigdog:
Dogdoc (02-27-2022), EVRGRN (02-27-2022), Go Bruins (02-28-2022), KLOC (03-25-2022), peterdouglas (02-27-2022), por356 (02-27-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-27-2022, 07:53 PM
centaur
Banned

TDS is alive and well.
Old 02-27-2022, 08:09 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

TDS is alive and well.

Not really. But the facts speak for themselves. Truth hurts, I know.

Just not a fan of people who promote an obvious lie for more than a year, and encourage people to commit acts of sedition. Sorry, I’m a patriot, unlike these people. Trying to divide the country, as Trumps does, into red versus blue, right versus left is not patriotism, and counter to building a better country.

Oh, and it might interest you (or maybe not), I’m not a Dem. My wife and I are, and have been for two decades, Independents. We don’t get hung up with political affiliation, or labels. We vote for issues and qualifications that feel are important to us, and the NATION (not the Party). We voted for our Republican Governor, Larry Hogan…in a very blue state.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 02-27-2022 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-27-2022, 08:20 PM
omairrkazmii999
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will property rate also get affected by this ? Should I sell my property in Emaar properties in Dubai, UAE ?
Old 02-27-2022, 08:54 PM
centaur
Banned

Not really. But the facts speak for themselves. Truth hurts, I know.

Just not a fan of people who promote an obvious lie for more than a year, and encourage people to commit acts of sedition. Sorry, I’m a patriot, unlike these people. Trying to divide the country, as Trumps does, into red versus blue, right versus left is not patriotism, and counter to building a better country.

Oh, and it might interest you (or maybe not), I’m not a Dem. My wife and I are, and have been for two decades, Independents. We don’t get hung up with political affiliation, or labels. We vote for issues and qualifications that feel are important to us, and the NATION (not the Party). We voted for our Republican Governor, Larry Hogan…in a very blue state.
Sounds like there is hope for you!
Old 02-27-2022, 09:00 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Sounds like there is hope for you!
I don’t need anybody’s affirmations. I am very secure in my position in life.

I have friends on both side. So long as they speak the language of truth and facts, we continue to communicate. Divisive labels and lies will not be ignored.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 02-27-2022 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-27-2022, 09:15 PM
centaur
Banned

I don’t need anybody’s blessing. I am very secure in my position in life.

I have friends on both side. So long as they speak the language of truth and facts, we continue to communicate. Labels, lies and falsehoods will be shouted down. .
Jesus Christ Dude, lighten up. I'm sure you don't need anyone's blessings but you could use a pill.
Old 02-27-2022, 09:29 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Jesus Christ Dude, lighten up. I'm sure you don't need anyone's blessings but you could use a pill.
That’s what the “coke” is for. 😂 😱
Old 02-27-2022, 09:57 PM
por356
Racer

Received 385 Likes on 150 Posts

@centaur aka @phaser time to move along, your snarky response proves once AGAIN you have nothing of substance to offer…..
The following 2 users liked this post by por356:
CodyBigdog (02-27-2022), KLOC (03-25-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 08:27 AM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

Sorry for the delayed response, but had to finish off the last bit of crack. Appreciate your humorous, if not delusional response. 😂 🤔

RE: Why Now?

One can speculate, but only Putin knows for sure?

Political pundits, historians, military experts, etc have all been analyzing this complex issue to try and dissect the origins and ultimate outcome of this conflict. I’ve read a number of different reasons being postulated. But despite what you might hear on the Faux Fake News Network, none of the experts can agree on a single reason for, “why now”? Geo-political conflicts never have neat, clear answers…despite what we would like to believe, or told by the media and politicians.

This much we do know for sure, however, Russia has been slowly amassing forces along the Ukrainian border since November 2021. On December 17, 2021, Russia issued a non-negotiable DEMAND, that if not met, Ukraine would suffer dire consequences. The primary demands were that NATO stop having military activities in Eastern Europe, and would never admit Ukraine into NATO. But here’s the telling fact: Per NATO’s charter, Ukraine would never have been admitted into NATO as long as there was a border dispute in Crimea (a Russian controlled territory). So, Putin already had the veto power over Ukraine ever entering NATO, as long as they controlled separatist territories. So, his “demand” was nothing more than a smoke screen, a pretext to his ultimate ambition…which is to establish a pro-Russian puppet regime in Ukraine..and to push back the lines to where they were before the collapse of the Soviet Union. After the December “demands” by Putin, there were a series of diplomatic meeting to try and find a path forward. But Putin already knew what he would do. The die had already been cast. As soon as he made a non-negotiable demand, a demand which he new he already controlled, the outcome was basically determined.

But, if you want to speculate that this never would have happened under the seditionists watch, then OK, lets speculate? By the way, please note that it was the seditionist, not Biden, that signed the peace and withdrawal agreement from Afghanistan with the Taliban, so this has zero to do with any perceived US strength, or lack thereof, resulting from the withdrawn from Afghanistan. None. The US was pulling out of Afghanistan, no matter who was in the White House. The war was basically over when Trump signed that agreement. Nevertheless, it’s quite possible that the seditionist may have had more traction with Putin, for the following reasons: (1) The seditionist was Putin’s pal. “Got on very well with Putin”, according to the Orange One. So, it’s possible that he could have found a way to satisfy Putin’s security demands…but he would have either had to betray NATO (who he didn’t like/respect, anyway), or betray Ukraine (after all, Ukraine did nothing to help Trump out with his vendetta against Hunter Biden and his old man); and (2) The seditionist already has a history of being unorthodox, to say the least, or as many have called him (even within his own party), a bit unstable. So, who wants to threaten war with a crazy man? After all, he did threaten that other crazy man in North Korea with nuclear war: https://theintercept.com/2021/01/20/...p-north-korea/

Problem is, nukes and craziness is not a good mix.

Peace out….
Just as independent as Bernie, I presume.
I suppose it’s only a coincidence that last 2 of Putin’s invasion were when Biden was in the administration.
CNN will likely not remind you of that inconvenient fact.

Old 02-28-2022, 10:07 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Manoverpdk
Just as independent as Bernie, I presume.
I suppose it’s only a coincidence that last 2 of Putin’s invasion were when Biden was in the administration.
CNN will likely not remind you of that inconvenient fact.
Since you’re asking for full disclosure…. I see where you’re coming from. You live in the same state as that racist, wack-a-doodle Representative from Congress who believes in “Jewish Space Lasers” that supposedly started forest fires out West, and Q conspiracies. Bwhahahahahaha. What a total embarrassment she is. You must be so proud. My wife, formerly from Georgia (Roswell), cringes everytime she speaks.

Now that we’ve gotten a bit of your background out of the way, let’s begin so I can respond to your questions/allegations…

On some social issues, yes, Bernie and I have similar views. Ya know, like a woman’s right to decide what happens to her own body. On other’s, no. I’m a fiscal conservative….you know, like Republicans USE TO BE. More of a RR Republican. But let’s be real clear - Unlike many in Trump’s Republican Party, I put integrity and honesty above EVERYTHING else. I was raised in a military family, and served myself. Those are core values with me. All politicians lie, from time to time, but Trump, and his boot-lickers have taken lying and divisiveness to new levels never before seen in American politics. Or as Giuliani once said, “Truth isn’t truth, facts aren’t facts”. That’s really all I need to know when I hear a Republican speaking…

I presume the other incident you are referring to is when Biden was VP? Nice stretch, but OK, I’ll play that game. Well, 9/11 happened under a Republican Admin. The worst act of terrorism on US soI’ll, ever, happened while a Republican was President. But ther mastermind of that attack, OBL, was killed when Biden was VP. So it took a Dem Admin to finally bring the perpetrators to Justice. OK, so what?…another false equivalency from the Right. Com’on, man, you can do better than that?

Oh, and i get most of my news from Reuters, the BBC and PBS. They do a more thorough job in reporting and analyzing the news, than just a few sound bites that most of the Merida does. Financial news, the WSJ and the Economist. The WSJ editorial board is a total joke, however. I do look at CNN, to see what the “breaking” news was overnight, Faux is nothing more than an arm of the GOP. Many of their best reporters have left Faux…even they can’t stand the lies.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 02-28-2022 at 10:49 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CodyBigdog:
KLOC (03-25-2022), por356 (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 10:48 AM
GoBlue!
Pro

Received 261 Likes on 133 Posts

I see this thread has devolved into nothing useful ad full of ad hominem attacks and conspiracy theories.

There have been two WSJ articles in the last couple days. Today Toyota shut down its Japan plants due to supply chain problems. Speculation is that a supplier had a cyber attack. Yesterday an article talked about Volkswagen shutting down two of its plants due to Ukrainian supplier problems. The article also talked about Russian materials that go into catalytic converters, steel, and battery components.

I haven’t seen issues specific to Porsche.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:56 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by GoBlue!
I see this thread has devolved into nothing useful ad full of ad hominem attacks and conspiracy theories.

There have been two WSJ articles in the last couple days. Today Toyota shut down its Japan plants due to supply chain problems. Speculation is that a supplier had a cyber attack. Yesterday an article talked about Volkswagen shutting down two of its plants due to Ukrainian supplier problems. The article also talked about Russian materials that go into catalytic converters, steel, and battery components.

I haven’t seen issues specific to Porsche.
I see you are a Michigan fan? Great school. My son graduated from there a few years ago. CS major.

As far as the thread devolving…well, happens on all sites as soon as there’s nothing relevant, to the topic of the thread, to report. As soon as new info come along, the thread will swing back, on topic.

Quick Reply: Russia/Ukraine and Production Delays