Sponsored by:

GTS allocations

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 01:18 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by voyagez.fr
I have an allocation without adm but not a GTS. Was wondering if it is just the in demand models that are getting ADM.

My dealership is asking over MSRP for either the 992 or 992S. I think it depends on the dealership and what they get allocated to them? Some dealerships (applies to all brands) make their money through low profit margin, but make that up through higher volume of sales.

Right now, the demand for many Porsche’s (includes the Taycan, 992, etc) is very strong, with very tight supply…in most cases, that leads to higher prices for the commodity…

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2021 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:41 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,334 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Originally Posted by 843Spyder
Just got the call. Targa GTS available with $75k ADM and GTS Coupe available with $50k ADM. Passed……
That’s pretty crazy.

Just a money grab at this point.
The following 4 users liked this post by shrimp money:
843Spyder (11-03-2021), mdrobc1213 (11-08-2021), westcoastj (11-04-2021), yrralis1 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 02:58 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Welcome to Capitalism/free market….where the worth of something is determined by what someone is willing to pay for it.

That said, what’s maybe even more insane are what Porsche charges for some of the options on the build site….insane because of what they charge and the fact that many of these options are standard on many luxury cars. But Porsche buyers (well, not all) are still willing to pay through the nose…

I know when I built my Porsche, and meticulously analyzed every option, I had this feeling it was like going to the movies, where the tickets were $10 but the snacks were $25.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2021 at 03:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CodyBigdog:
chance6 (11-04-2021), svkarl (11-04-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 09:28 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 759 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Welcome to Capitalism/free market….where the worth of something is determined by what someone is willing to pay for it.

That said, what’s maybe even more insane are what Porsche charges for some of the options on the build site….insane because of what they charge and the fact that many of these options are standard on many luxury cars. But Porsche buyers (well, not all) are still willing to pay through the nose…

I know when I built my Porsche, and meticulously analyzed every option, I had this feeling it was like going to the movies, where the tickets were $10 but the snacks were $25.
There is Capitalism and then there is price gouging . The chip shortage has given rise to unregulated industry charging outrageous prices and taking deposits in mass promising X , y, and z. . Besides even that buyers order is no guarantee. There are delays galore .Just wiat until many want those deposits back !!

Last year I paid 7 percent off on a Macan Turbo . In 2009 when the financial, crisis it people pitched their cars and it was a sellers market . Those posts probably still; stand on 6speedonline where many said they would never forget . Porsche built so many cars that dealerships didn't want them and they were stuck on a. boat . They offered dealerships 10K a piece just to take the car !!! They took it and passed the deal to the buyer just to move the unit . I got 20 percent offf on a car and they were glad to sell me a car because they were empty. Much younger here I was with 20 percent off !https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...f-my-face.html

I have two 911's and a Macan right now at my house . I won't submit to one cent over . No has called me yet. Thats fine . They didn't call my friend either (same dealership , same MSRP deal ) . They really may not have a slot yet . Its regional and depends on the dealership .

I know these guys 30 years . I have no reason to believe they will take advantage but what I am seeing on this forum imples that some are so willing fully leaping to give in that they must have all forgotten that it wasn't always like this .

To each his own . I still hope for the best.

Last edited by yrralis1; 11-03-2021 at 09:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
P9RSR (11-05-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 09:59 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by yrralis1
There is Capitalism and then there is price gouging . The chip shortage has given rise to unregulated industry charging outrageous prices and taking deposits in mass promising X , y, and z. . Besides even that buyers order is no guarantee. There are delays galore .Just wiat until many want those deposits back !!

Last year I paid 7 percent off on a Macan Turbo . In 2009 when the financial, crisis it people pitched their cars and it was a sellers market . Those posts probably still; stand on 6speedonline where many said they would never forget . Porsche built so many cars that dealerships didn't want them and they were stuck on a. boat . They offered dealerships 10K a piece just to take the car !!! They took it and passed the deal to the buyer just to move the unit . I got 20 percent offf on a car and they were glad to sell me a car because they were empty. Much younger here I was with 20 percent off !https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...f-my-face.html

I have two 911's and a Macan right now at my house . I won't submit to one cent over . No has called me yet. Thats fine . They didn't call my friend either (same dealership , same MSRP deal ) . They really may not have a slot yet . Its regional and depends on the dealership .

I know these guys 30 years . I have no reason to believe they will take advantage but what I am seeing on this forum imples that some are so willing fully leaping to give in that they must have all forgotten that it wasn't always like this .

To each his own . I still hope for the best.
One of the fundamental rules of real estate (and maybe most of commerce) - what something is worth, is what someone is willing to pay for it. As long as there are people with deep pockets willing to pay whatever the asking price, the “gouging” will continue.

I’m still shocked that I am willing to pay $25 at the movies for a large popcorn and one large drink. But a person has gotta have what a person wants.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:05 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,334 Likes on 2,122 Posts

One of the fundamental rules of real estate (and maybe most of commerce) - what something is worth, is what someone is willing to pay for it. As long as there are people with deep pockets willing to pay whatever the asking price, the “gouging” will continue.

I’m still shocked that I am willing to pay $25 at the movies for a large popcorn and one large drink. But a person has gotta have what a person wants.

Except if you're Zillow, and your AI over pays for every home.
The following 3 users liked this post by shrimp money:
icanthelpit (11-11-2021), JiminyGlick (11-12-2021), Russian Mafia (11-08-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 10:08 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Except if you're Zillow, and your AI over pays for every home.
that would help explain why they’re laying off 25% of their work force,
Old 11-03-2021, 10:57 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

The chip shortage has led to a crisis . Sell a bag of ice in a hurricane for 100 bucks and its a crime ,
"Under Florida Statute Section 501.160, each incident of price gouging can be charged as a misdemeanor of the second degree which is punishable by up to 60 days in jail and a $500 fine"

Once a ;person negotiates a back room deal with a non existent car at a dealership he has lost all control of any boundary . He is not only giving away his leverage but is also paving the way for them to raise it even more on him the next . They view him as weak because he is weak .

A car is hardly a sacred cow . Its an appliance.

Just like the 20 percent off was not forever neither is this . The scary part will come when this bubble breaks . It will be when all those volume promises can't be met . It will be when people who expected. cars didn't get them . Its starting to happen already on there Macan Forum . Guys who gave deposits with that "track your dream" paper didn't get the car that was due months ago.

MSRP is the only leverage left for the buyer . Porsche could raise their price but they might choose not to . This S and P , crypto , "record high" , Gamestop , zero interest,, real estate, bubble is a party that does no go on forever Shrinkflation is the new RL Kool - Aid it seems for a few ,

Well. Not me ! I am at MSRP and mt not one cent more and if I lose a car so what , I am healthy , alive , and most importantly retain my self respect.
The following 2 users liked this post by yrralis1:
chance6 (11-04-2021), P9RSR (11-05-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 11:13 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

The chip shortage has led to a crisis . Sell a bag of ice in a hurricane for 100 bucks and its a crime ,
"Under Florida Statute Section 501.160, each incident of price gouging can be charged as a misdemeanor of the second degree which is punishable by up to 60 days in jail and a $500 fine"

I suspect, but without reading the statute can’t say for sure, that the intent is safety/health/welfare related. I assume the statute only applies during a weather emergency? Getting gouged for a bag of popcorn or a Porsche hardly qualifies as an emergency.

In the sale of a car, only the price written down and signed on a contract is the only thing that matters. If someone wants to pay more than MSRP, well, that’s their decision. Nothing illegal about it.

A car is hardly a sacred cow . Its an appliance.
Yes, an appliance that brings great joy to many of us. I can think of other “toys” that do the same.

Just like the 20 percent off was not forever neither is this . The scary part will come when this bubble breaks . It will be when all those volume promises can't be met . It will be when people who expected. cars didn't get them . Its starting to happen already on there Macan Forum . Guys who gave deposits with that "track your dream" paper didn't get the car that was due months ago.
Tell me about it. I waited 10 months and almost walked away from the deal - several times. But that was my choice.

MSRP is the only leverage left for the buyer .
What about a car for private sale that has no MSRP? How about houses for sale that end in a bidding war. “Best offers entertained”

Well. Not me ! I am at MSRP and mt not one cent more and if I lose a car so what , I am healthy , alive , and most importantly retain my self respect.
I’m a BELOW MSRP kind of buyer. The timing was right for me. Maybe next car i wont be so lucky and get gouged?

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2021 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:40 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

I suspect, but without reading the statute can’t say for sure, that the intent is safety/health/welfare related. I assume the statute only applies during a weather emergency? Getting gouged for a bag of popcorn or a Porsche hardly qualifies as an emergency.

In the sale of a car, only the price written down and signed on a contract is the only thing that matters. If someone wants to pay more than MSRP, well, that’s their decision. Nothing illegal about it.

Yes, an appliance that brings great joy to many of us. I can think of other “toys” that do the same.

Tell me about it. I waited 10 months and almost walked away from the deal - several times. But that was my choice.

What about a car for private sale that has no MSRP? How about houses for sale that end in a bidding war. “Best offers entertained”

I’m a BELOW MSRP kind of buyer. The timing was right for me. Maybe next car i wont be so lucky and get gouged?
For starters there is no valid excuse for the shortage in the first place , Starting with toilet paper its a fine example at debt reduction to artificially create inflation . If chips were dependent on Taiwan then where are negotiations and if not where are the sanctions ?

Toilet paper and Purell hand sanitizer are not weather event related .
.https://www.hodgsonruss.com/newsroom...ons-11968.html
A used car , classic car , or a car sold by an individual is not the same as a retail item with a price tag in an authorized dealership .

I understand that "suggested" retail price means it can be raised or lowered (was the case in the past) . Right now dealerships have the loophole . It might become a thing if they cant fill orders or return deposits .

So yes at present .. sure go for it . Anyone who does it can hold hands with those who paid 50 bucks for a roll of toilet paper and gain his sympathy when declaring to "50K over" for a car.

Last edited by yrralis1; 11-04-2021 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:43 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

For starters there is no valid excuse for the shortage in the first place , Starting with toilet paper its a fine example at debt reduction to artificially create inflation . If chips were dependent on Taiwan then where are negotiations and if not where are the sanctions ?
Back when I was in grad school, JIT (“just in time”) manufacturing practices were coming on board in many manufacturing industries. It’s a proven way to maximize production efficiency and profits. But, it can also lead to delays in deliveries, if there are disruptions in getting the raw materials needed for your end product.

From what I have read, there are many reasons for the chip shortage, but one of the major reasons is: Factory shutdowns caused by COVID…causing chip manufacturers to then cancel orders from hundreds of suppliers. Many of those suppliers then either closed themselves, or found other outlets for their products/parts…so on, and so on down the manufacturing chain. I think most of us don’t realize or appreciate how interconnected/dependent manufacturers and suppliers are to one another. If one has a major disruption, for any reason, everybody gets impacted. Then there’s the very real problems and issues involved with re-starting and re-qualifying/certifying chip fabrication lines (that use very sensitive million-to-billion dollar equipment) that have been shuttered for 6 months, or longer (I have firsthand experiences with this aspect). You just don’t flip a switch and things start running again. Doesn’t happen that way.

In any event, chip manufacturers are back up and running and it will take time to feed the beast, and fill all outstanding orders. Starting up a fab line is not like turning on your light switch at home.

Toilet paper and Purell hand sanitizer are not weather event related .
.https://www.hodgsonruss.com/newsroom...ons-11968.html
A used car , classic car , or a car sold by an individual is not the same as a retail item with a price tag in an authorized dealership .
Shortages of those items were due to two things - hoarding (toilet paper) and “just in time” manufacturing philosophies that permeated many industries. Thus, prior to the pandemic, manufacturers only made enough for the demand at that time….they were caught flat footed, so to speak….or, like chip manufacturers, the maker of purel, for example, may have had difficulties getting the chemicals they needed because their suppliers were also shut down.

So yes at present .. sure go for it . Anyone who does it can hold hands with those who paid 50 bucks for a roll of toilet paper and gain his sympathy when declaring to "50K over" for a car.
IMO, we are all over paying…even before this current Porsche “gouging”. I got a 6% discount off of MSRP, but even with that, I felt I over paid. Porsche is the most profitable car manufacturer on the planet..or so I’ve read. They got this status from marketing and honing their image as a top auto manufacturer for the sports enthusiasts. Their demographics have loads of money, and Porsche knows that, so they charge $5K, for example, for options that should be included, no extra charge, on a car costing well over $100K. It’s just like going to the movies…you pay $25 for a bag of popcorn and a drink. Is that logical?

But the bottom line (for me)….I love my 992S…I have so much fun driving that car that I don’t regret having spent more than I should have. But I have the money. Money was never an issue for me…ie, I came inches from buying a Turbo S, but my wife wisely said I would probably kill myself, so I heeded her advise. I suspect $$ isn’t and issue for many Porsche buyers of NEW Porsche’s…so, Porsche knows they can charge whatever they want, and still, the lines of buyers are wrapped around the building (so to speak).

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-04-2021 at 11:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (11-08-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 04:53 PM
fractionofawhole
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 56 Posts

For starters there is no valid excuse for the shortage in the first place
Can't tell if you're being serious with this statement or trolling.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:27 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 878 Likes on 416 Posts

SA texted me 1/2 hour ago. I have my allocation. No details yet on build date, etc. I’m stoked!

Update: V200 is for real, freeze date 12/09/21 anticipated dealer delivery date 03/18/22.

Last edited by icanthelpit; 11-05-2021 at 09:57 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by icanthelpit:
991.2GTS (11-04-2021), kgs365 (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 07:26 PM
hawkinsmc
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts

Got a call from my dealer yesterday who told me I got my allocation...WooHooo🙌!!! This is my desired build, but will likely end up without the aero package, unless Porsche finds some wings between now and early next year (I'm not holding my breath). I also was looking at the black stone guards too, but noticed today they were removed from the configurator 🤷🏼‍♂️.

The following 3 users liked this post by hawkinsmc:
Fcassells (11-04-2021), Go Bruins (11-04-2021), mdrobc1213 (11-08-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 08:02 PM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkinsmc
Got a call from my dealer yesterday who told me I got my allocation...WooHooo🙌!!! This is my desired build, but will likely end up without the aero package, unless Porsche finds some wings between now and early next year (I'm not holding my breath). I also was looking at the black stone guards too, but noticed today they were removed from the configurator 🤷🏼‍♂️.

are your comments regarding the Aerokit because it was confirmed they are still unavailable, or are you just assuming based on previous availability? I also am planning on adding it to my GTS build hoping they will be available.

Quick Reply: GTS allocations