Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Landed a GTS allocation at 10k ADM.
given the current market not too bad.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:58 PM
Fcassells
Instructor

Received 220 Likes on 93 Posts

Also informed of my Feb build GTS4 , no ADM in Vancouver.
The following users liked this post:
czechchamp (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 03:02 AM
Acken
Advanced

Received 129 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Fcassells
Also informed of my Feb build GTS4 , no ADM in Vancouver.
Wow , very nice, congrats 👏

I am still waiting for information from Porsche Vancouver , I paid deposit in June
Fcassells (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 09:45 AM
voyagez.fr
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

Is the ADM due to the demand of the GTS models? I keep hearing more about ADMs but it seems like it’s primarily for GTS, Targas…
Old 11-03-2021, 10:22 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by voyagez.fr
Is the ADM due to the demand of the GTS models? I keep hearing more about ADMs but it seems like it’s primarily for GTS, Targas…
ADM's are because dealerships are greedy and people are willing to pay them . That only pushes the price up even more in the future . I will not pay one cent over MSRP . As much as I want the car I will walk and keep my car .

Dealerships will use the excuse of the shortage but the truth is they are making more money now than ever . Service is swamped with cars as people keep and maintain them more now than in the past . All units are moving at MSRP or even above with ADM when they used to get 5-9 percent off (depending on where) . Used cars are selling more than ever too at much higher prices . Even loaners got sold .

On top of the above there are all the "deposits" . Mind you deposit with no confirmed build is ZERO . A deposit with a build schedule is something but not a definite anything . There is a guy on Macan forum with that pretty ;piece of paper that was delayed, then delayed, and still delayed ,He still hasn't received his 2021 Macan GTS due months ago .
Granted he is not the norm and there are even a few who get the car earlier but its all hit or miss .

What I'm am seeing are people saying they left a deposit , This is even more relevant with a Macan since its such a high volume car . Dealerships have a PILE of money in house .
I am waiting to see what happens when delays or any hiccup causes people to want deposits back at the same time . How can there not be a squeeze ?

You guys do as you wish but I am not giving an inch on price .

BTW ... there is no shortage . You want a Gt3 , forget wait list ,or being a VIP , just pay 100+ ADM and they are on line waiting for the fool to buy one.

Last edited by yrralis1; 11-03-2021 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:56 AM
cap82
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Got a call for my 4GTS. Woohoo! I live in NorCal. No ADM, Feb build.

Last edited by cap82; 11-03-2021 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Accuracy
Fcassells (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 11:00 AM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Depends on the dealership and what their allocations are. The few dealerships near me that I have inquired/heard about, are still asking above MSRP for the 992S coupe (no idea about GTS or Targa)…and the days of 4%-8% discount are a thing of the past (have not heard of a single dealership offering discounts, no matter what 911 you spec)…and depending on the model and how you load it up, the discount many of us received amounted to $8k-$12K off of MSRP.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 11-03-2021 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
ADM's are because dealerships are greedy and people are willing to pay them . That only pushes the price up even more in the future . I will not pay one cent over MSRP . As much as I want the car I will walk and keep my car .

Dealerships will use the excuse of the shortage but the truth is they are making more money now than ever . Service is swamped with cars as people keep and maintain them more now than in the past . All units are moving at MSRP or even above with ADM when they used to get 5-9 percent off (depending on where) . Used cars are selling more than ever too at much higher prices . Even loaners got sold .

On top of the above there are all the "deposits" . Mind you deposit with no confirmed build is ZERO . A deposit with a build schedule is something but not a definite anything . There is a guy on Macan forum with that pretty ;piece of paper that was delayed, then delayed, and still delayed ,He still hasn't received his 2021 Macan GTS due months ago .
Granted he is not the norm and there are even a few who get the car earlier but its all hit or miss .

What I'm am seeing are people saying they left a deposit , This is even more relevant with a Macan since its such a high volume car . Dealerships have a PILE of money in house .
I am waiting to see what happens when delays or any hiccup causes people to want deposits back at the same time . How can there not be a squeeze ?

You guys do as you wish but I am not giving an inch on price .

BTW ... there is no shortage . You want a Gt3 , forget wait list ,or being a VIP , just pay 100+ ADM and they are on line waiting for the fool to buy one.

I really don't understand drawing some imaginary line that you won't cross. Many people used to proudly declare "I will never pay MSRP for a car!" Why is it fair for you to demand a 5-10% discount when you have the bargaining power but not fair for the seller to demand a 5-10% premium when their product is in high demand. if they don't get their price from you, they will get if from the next person. Why should the sell it to you for less than the market value of the product? And nobody seem to have any issue with dealerships offering to buy USED cars at or above MSRP. So I guess the dealer just falls into this unique grouping where they are expected to pay a market clearing price to acquire their inventory but are not allowed to charge a market clearing price when selling. Last time I checked, we are living in - and I assume for most Porsche owners, thriving in - a capitalist system. You gotta take the good with the bad.

And I placed a $1,000 refundable deposit with my dealership in August and just received one of their first Targa GTS allocations. Guess that was also a big mistake.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:22 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Drew46
I really don't understand drawing some imaginary line that you won't cross. Many people used to proudly declare "I will never pay MSRP for a car!" Why is it fair for you to demand a 5-10% discount when you have the bargaining power but not fair for the seller to demand a 5-10% premium when their product is in high demand. if they don't get their price from you, they will get if from the next person. Why should the sell it to you for less than the market value of the product? And nobody seem to have any issue with dealerships offering to buy USED cars at or above MSRP. So I guess the dealer just falls into this unique grouping where they are expected to pay a market clearing price to acquire their inventory but are not allowed to charge a market clearing price when selling. Last time I checked, we are living in - and I assume for most Porsche owners, thriving in - a capitalist system. You gotta take the good with the bad.

And I placed a $1,000 refundable deposit with my dealership in August and just received one of their first Targa GTS allocations. Guess that was also a big mistake.
it’s not an “imaginary line “ . Msrp is a specific piece of buyer leverage given by a manufacturer . I don’t have an allocation because they don’t have one yet for me Besides if I were given a targa for free I would. Sell it anyway . The heavy roof and road filth from the street is not appealing to me . Congrats on your car . I also hope your sales team enjoy the vacation you treated them to anyone who walks ay not have a car but they will have 180 k saved and that’s hardly a bad thing .

Last edited by yrralis1; 11-03-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:26 PM
voyagez.fr
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

I have an allocation without adm but not a GTS. Was wondering if it is just the in demand models that are getting ADM.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:40 PM
cap82
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a confirmed allocation with no ADM for a 4GTS.
voyagez.fr (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 12:48 PM
843Spyder
Advanced

Received 82 Likes on 28 Posts

Just got the call. Targa GTS available with $75k ADM and GTS Coupe available with $50k ADM. Passed……
Old 11-03-2021, 12:50 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
it’s not an “imaginary line “ . Msrp is a specific piece of buyer leverage given by a manufacturer . I don’t have an allocation because they don’t have one yet for me Besides if I were given a targa for free I would. Sell it anyway . The heavy roof and road filth from the street is not appealing to me . Congrats on your car . I also hope your sales team enjoy the vacation you treated them to anyone who walks ay not have a car but they will have 180 k saved and that’s hardly a bad thing .
You have your opinion and values and I have mine. I understand that the Targa is not for everyone - and that is a plus for me. What I don't understand is someone's need to bash a model simply because it isn't what they would choose. Or maybe I just can't understand it because of the ridiculous poor spelling and punctuation.

At the end of the day, I am spending my money and you are spending yours. I hope you enjoy your car if you can eventually settle on a color without a seventh thread on that same topic. Actually, you should consider green. Green definitely seem to be your color.
The following 3 users liked this post by Drew46:
German1967 (11-03-2021), inthesticks (11-03-2021), surquhar (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 12:55 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 283 Posts

I have an allocation without adm but not a GTS. Was wondering if it is just the in demand models that are getting ADM.
depending on the market and dealer they are asking for ADMs on all models.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:14 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Drew46
You have your opinion and values and I have mine. I understand that the Targa is not for everyone - and that is a plus for me. What I don't understand is someone's need to bash a model simply because it isn't what they would choose. Or maybe I just can't understand it because of the ridiculous poor spelling and punctuation.

At the end of the day, I am spending my money and you are spending yours. I hope you enjoy your car if you can eventually settle on a color without a seventh thread on that same topic. Actually, you should consider green. Green definitely seem to be your color.
I was typing from my phone with no reading glasses . My point was crystal clear . Apparently you have read my posts . I have not read yours and I one I did read reveals an individual very quick to part with his money judging others who accept a boundary line . Be glad I don't care for the Targa because if everyone liked it as much as you that ADM might have been higher .

At some point you will see others paying less and enjoying the cars . Some have voiced it on this thread.. Maybe then it will dawn on you that whatever you paid extra could have gone towards the next car.

Either way .. I wish you peace with your decision .

Quick Reply: GTS allocations