Sponsored by:

GTS allocations

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 07:52 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by k-dogg
Seems like 992 GTS allocations dropped today!
wait, what - in the usa? i'll check w my dealer
Old 11-01-2021, 08:05 PM
Lander911
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

I posted in another thread that I heard from my dealer (Dallas) that he thinks the soonest he will see allocations is Q1. He previously said I'm #1 or 2 on the GTS list, and I have no reason to think that he's not forthcoming (long term relationship). Very interesting that others are seeing allocations show up at their dealers!
Old 11-01-2021, 09:13 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,652 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by Lander911
I posted in another thread that I heard from my dealer (Dallas) that he thinks the soonest he will see allocations is Q1. He previously said I'm #1 or 2 on the GTS list, and I have no reason to think that he's not forthcoming (long term relationship). Very interesting that others are seeing allocations show up at their dealers!
My dealer called me this afternoon to offer me an allocation for a Targa GTS, Feb build and April delivery. Could they be releasing the Targas first? He may be forthcoming but not informed. For all I know, my guy had not idea until this afternoon.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:28 PM
Sea Wolf
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Whuuuuuut!?
Old 11-01-2021, 10:52 PM
k-dogg
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 25 Posts

Got a call from my dealer saying allocations dropped today, I am being “converted to an order”….
The following users liked this post:
RayC168 (11-02-2021)
Old 11-01-2021, 10:55 PM
k-dogg
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 25 Posts

My allocation is for a Targa GTS…..so maybe Targas first?
I was told today that allocations dropped and my order demand was being converted to the allocation (see above where there is an explanation of this process by icanthelpit) and I am being linked up to Exclusive for the trip to Atlanta….

Last edited by k-dogg; 11-01-2021 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 11-02-2021, 12:14 PM
Scuderia WOT
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

It would make sense that the Porsche has decided to build Targa models first. The limited chip supply has caused auto makers to make a business decision of building the cars with the highest profit margin first.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:16 PM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

My dealer had some allocations drop as well. Offered me a GTS 4 Cab (I’m on the list for a coupe) that I passed on…said he thought they got 1 couple allocation.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:15 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,189 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Got an update today on my GTS coupe allocation.

Freeze date 3/10/22
Anticipated delivery 6/3/22
Old 11-02-2021, 01:43 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Struggling here. Negotiating the ADM - or trying to - with the dealership. I am willing to give them some other revenue sources like wheel and tire insurance which I would likely buy otherwise and maybe use their guy for PPF in exchange for a lower ADM so that they can make some money that is not a dollar for dollar overall cost increase to me. I am also rapidly convincing myself to grab this build even at the $15K ADM. I have called around to all my other lists and I am not even close. If it takes another 6-12 months get a car, i am exposed to further reduction in value in my car and MSRP increases (which I think will be likely after the first of the year). See how good I am at convincing myself!

Thoughts on what you might do are welcome. Not to drive my decision, but to help me justify it myself either way!
Old 11-02-2021, 01:53 PM
Gohoos
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I am looking for a Targa but my dealer just offered me a GTS coupe allocation at $15K over. Not what I had in mind but at MSRP I would've taken it just to hold me over...

Last edited by Gohoos; 11-02-2021 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:54 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
Struggling here. Negotiating the ADM - or trying to - with the dealership. I am willing to give them some other revenue sources like wheel and tire insurance which I would likely buy otherwise and maybe use their guy for PPF in exchange for a lower ADM so that they can make some money that is not a dollar for dollar overall cost increase to me. I am also rapidly convincing myself to grab this build even at the $15K ADM. I have called around to all my other lists and I am not even close. If it takes another 6-12 months get a car, i am exposed to further reduction in value in my car and MSRP increases (which I think will be likely after the first of the year). See how good I am at convincing myself!

Thoughts on what you might do are welcome. Not to drive my decision, but to help me justify it myself either way!
You are looking at significant price increases for MY 23 and 24. There may likely be a mid-year MY22 increase too, since supply chain issues are driving up component costs and shipping costs. 6 months ago, people here were complaining about MSRP, with many noting that pricing pressures were transitory. Well, that wasn't the case. As bad as things were in the spring, they are worse now and not getting better. Demand for the 911, and even more so for the GTS, will make in impossible for you to get one without significant markup. Now, if you want to wait two years to see if things settle down, go ahead. But if want to order the car today, you'll need to pay what the market demands. Even my dealer, who never charged ADM for a 911 (not GT model) are doing so.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:55 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,189 Likes on 2,066 Posts

I’d consider the $15k the price of convenience.

Personally, I wouldn’t pay it. There’s a Targa GTS at MSRP somewhere in the USA, but it requires you to make a lot of calls and e-mails.

One of my local dealers texted me yesterday and said they have a GT3 and a Touring available for $50k and $75k ADM.

I said what happened to your list, there was over 30 people on it? He said some got tired of waiting and moved on. I suspect it’s because they’re refusing to pay the ADM.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:59 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by shrimp money

Personally, I wouldn’t pay it. There’s a Targa GTS at MSRP somewhere in the USA, but it requires you to make a lot of calls and e-mails.

One of my local dealers texted me yesterday and said they have a GT3 and a Touring available for $50k and $75k ADM.

I said what happened to your list, there was over 30 people on it? He said some got tired of waiting and moved on. I suspect it’s because they’re refusing to pay the ADM.
Believe me, I have been working the phones. But I don't necessarily agree that there is one to be had now at MSRP that I will find before the next guy. I also don't believe I was first on this list so I imagine other customers declined at the $15K ADM. But if I push for $5K ADM, my guess is there are people ahead of me on the list that would be buyers again. That's why I am trying to find a way to put cash in the dealer's pocket that I would be spending regardless.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:13 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money

It would be malpractice for a dealer to not charge ADM on a GTS right now. The only exception would be a long-term relationship. This is not gouging. The markup is substantial, but not unwarranted. CPO 911 is selling over MSRP. How on earth can one expect a new GTS at MSRP?

Quick Reply: GTS allocations