boshuxia
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone able to spec the aero kit?
Old 11-14-2021, 02:28 PM
BKAT
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 25 Posts

What is this TYD email you speak of? I found an allocation last week and the salesman sent me, essentially, a copy of the build which I had to sign off on. Is this the email you speak of? I also check the Porsche website and I see that I have a freeze date. It’s mid December. When would a build arrive at the dealer with a mid December freeze date?
Old 11-14-2021, 07:04 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 878 Likes on 416 Posts

SA called and asked if I was good with my configuration because Porsche wants to move up production. I said build it so:

Old 11-14-2021, 07:10 PM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by boshuxia
anyone able to spec the aero kit?
Can't speak to an order, but did have an SA read the bulletin on the Aerokit last week. Stop sale on Base and S, potential 8 week delay on GTS. I guess that's good news, at least it is letting orders be submitted for the GTS.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:22 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,652 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
SA called and asked if I was good with my configuration because Porsche wants to move up production. I said build it so:

That's awesome! What was your original lock date? Part of me is really hoping my car will be early (March 25 "predicted" date) and the other, more sensible, part realizes that it is better to get it after the bulk of the winter has passed.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:14 AM
boshuxia
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TN_3
Can't speak to an order, but did have an SA read the bulletin on the Aerokit last week. Stop sale on Base and S, potential 8 week delay on GTS. I guess that's good news, at least it is letting orders be submitted for the GTS.
that's definitely good news! I'd rather wait for the extra 8 weeks
Old 11-15-2021, 11:28 AM
dmacker
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TN_3
This is what I was told as well. 8 week delay for Aerokit. Glad to hear someone else got the same info. I was getting nervous as I thought several have commented their GTS Aerokit build were getting rejected.

Hopefully the 8 weeks is an overestimation, but regardless I will wait.
Old 11-15-2021, 12:22 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 878 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
That's awesome! What was your original lock date? Part of me is really hoping my car will be early (March 25 "predicted" date) and the other, more sensible, part realizes that it is better to get it after the bulk of the winter has passed.
12/09
Old 11-15-2021, 10:56 PM
Jay11
1st Gear

Originally Posted by slwong23
Interesting, I wasn't aware allocations were available for the 992 GTS as of yet. Perhaps you had an order demand?

i have two allocations and a GT3 allocation Ohio is good to me. I’ll have a gts for sale in March
Old 11-15-2021, 11:12 PM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay11
i have two allocations and a GT3 allocation Ohio is good to me. I’ll have a gts for sale in March
Allocations available?
Old 11-16-2021, 04:16 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 832 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by cap82
It took me 3-4 days to get my TYD email and the platform has been glitchy since I got it. When I told my SA I got the TYD link he sounded surprised. I think if you have the order status sheet with your name on it seems like a done deal.
Also check your spam folders guys. Sometimes it gets sent and pulled there by your antivirus software or email security programs. Biggest advice is to make sure you have a registered account set up via the myporsche.com link and your SA has your updated and correct email also. Then either they can request a new email for TYD to be sent or you can log in and do it yourself. My 992 order too almost 3 weeks to show up with the email invite but my current Taycan CT-4 disappeared initially and all I did was email Porsche asking for a new link and I got it in about 5 days. Not the most accurate info on TYD but gives me some idea of major milestones and what to expect and tracks with my dealer's dates which my SA gave me for the most part. Congrats on your cars to all!
The following 2 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
911Stiller (11-17-2021), Newport IRL (11-17-2021)
Old 11-16-2021, 06:48 PM
Zerodrie
6th Gear

Originally Posted by BKAT
What is this TYD email you speak of? I found an allocation last week and the salesman sent me, essentially, a copy of the build which I had to sign off on. Is this the email you speak of? I also check the Porsche website and I see that I have a freeze date. It’s mid December. When would a build arrive at the dealer with a mid December freeze date?
Hi there! Can you please explain what you mean by "found an allocation"? Does that mean you weren't on a wait list but called around and got an allocation? I'm on a waitlist at one dealer on the East Coast since September and have a feeling it's going to take a very long time based on the different threads. Thank you.
Old 11-16-2021, 10:46 PM
BKAT
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerodrie
Hi there! Can you please explain what you mean by "found an allocation"? Does that mean you weren't on a wait list but called around and got an allocation? I'm on a waitlist at one dealer on the East Coast since September and have a feeling it's going to take a very long time based on the different threads. Thank you.
I had paid a deposit to get on a wait list and then the dealer notified me that they had an allocation for me. Now the Porsche website states I’m at stage 1 with a freeze date of mid December
Old 11-17-2021, 12:56 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit

is this an app? i couldn't find "track your dream" in app store. i can only see this via their web page. also, mine fails to provide a rendering. boo.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:18 PM
Zerodrie
6th Gear

Originally Posted by BKAT
I had paid a deposit to get on a wait list and then the dealer notified me that they had an allocation for me. Now the Porsche website states I’m at stage 1 with a freeze date of mid December
Thanks, that's helpful. I wonder if I need to get on the waitlist at other dealers as well. But then again, I will be even lower on the waitlist at those dealers. Only if such dealers would get (much) more allocations compared to "my" dealer, it could help speed up things. What do people recommend?

Quick Reply: GTS allocations