Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 GTS Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 05:03 PM
Matty-B
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Currently working on GTS spec, what’s the option on the configurator to get these parts painted in the exterior colour, the configurator shows them black, but if spec’ing a C2s they do change colour. Maybe it’s a glitch on the configurator? Thanks.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:07 PM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty-B
Currently working on GTS spec, what’s the option on the configurator to get these parts painted in the exterior colour, the configurator shows them black, but if spec’ing a C2s they do change colour. Maybe it’s a glitch on the configurator? Thanks.
AFAIK you can't get those painted from the factory on the GTS... that's one of the things that differentiates it from the other models.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:16 PM
Matty-B
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Shame, looks so much better painted.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:20 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by brianja
AFAIK you can't get those painted from the factory on the GTS... that's one of the things that differentiates it from the other models.
This is correct.

Originally Posted by Matty-B
Shame, looks so much better painted.
Fully agree but some people seem to think exactly the opposite. Until now there's been a lot of requests here on the forum to get them in black instead...
Old 06-24-2021, 05:26 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
I just want to know if the GTS lip on the front sport bumper can be purchased. Because it looks more aggressive than the 911 S sports front bumpers lip.
Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Yes it can. Someone here has it on their Chalk C2S. I saved the photo on my phone at least 2 weeks ago.
Here was the one I found on the forum a few weeks ago. I think it was posted in one of the front lip threads along with the part number. I want it for my incoming Chalk 992 C2S as well.
This is the normal SportDesign front bumper lip. It comes unpainted when ordered from Porsche, which is probably the way it is on the GTS. It's somewhat more expensive than the lip on the SPASM front bumper, also likely that it doesn't fit the regular bumper without modification. In any case, I thinḱ it's nowadays available from Suncoast too...
Old 06-24-2021, 05:35 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Originally Posted by 15caymangts
Wondering if 4 wheel steering is advisable on the GTS?
I need some experienced opinions.
thanks
Originally Posted by pesos
no direct experience but everything i've read points to yes yes yes
I am very happy with it (for what it's worth) and it does indeed have relatively good reviews. Porsche also puts it into all of their top models (GT3, GT2,Turbos) and gives a lot of praise for its benefits, so I guess it means something. Btw, adding RWS/RAS (rear-wheel/axle steering) also adds the LiFePO4 light weight battery in the car, which is not a bad thing at all... Porsche highlights the LiFePO4 battery as a part of the GTS's light weight package but the reason it gets added there is the RAS.

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 06-24-2021 at 05:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SBAD (06-25-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 05:47 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
This is the normal SportDesign front bumper lip. It comes unpainted when ordered from Porsche, which is probably the way it is on the GTS. It's somewhat more expensive than the lip on the SPASM front bumper, also likely that it doesn't fit the regular bumper without modification. In any case, I thinḱ it's nowadays available from Suncoast too...
The matte black SPASM lip is different and isn’t designed for the Sport Design bumper. The part numbers for both lips are listed in one of the front lip threads.

The part number for the matte black Sport Design lip is:

992-807-100-F-G2X

Last edited by M3Inline6; 06-24-2021 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:35 PM
null
Rennlist Member

Received 471 Likes on 223 Posts

Anyone know if there are resources indicating differences in engine / turbo specs between GTS and S?

Primarily wondering if the GTS uses the same turbos as the S models, or if they have new hardware like in the 991.2 variants.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:52 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 210 Posts

This is correct.

Fully agree but some people seem to think exactly the opposite. Until now there's been a lot of requests here on the forum to get them in black instead...
Count me in as one that thinks the GTS SD rear looks improved. I didn't mind the small insert, but feel its cleaner and more cohesive looking without it.
TheGreatJ (06-25-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 10:02 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Originally Posted by null
Anyone know if there are resources indicating differences in engine / turbo specs between GTS and S? Primarily wondering if the GTS uses the same turbos as the S models, or if they have new hardware like in the 991.2 variants.
Probably need to wait for the on-line Parts Catalogs to be updated with the GTS. But a good question.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:04 PM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Received 454 Likes on 199 Posts

The write up seems a bit ambiguous on the lightweight option. One way of interpreting it has rear steering delete (that alone would get me to go for that package).

Old 06-25-2021, 12:51 AM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 272 Posts

This is getting out of hand, I’ve been waiting for 992 GTS and I just configured one, $164,700? Are you kidding me? Rather spend $10k more and get a damn .2 GT3. Prices can’t keep going up like this, we starting to head into stupid pricing. My 718 GT4 was $120k, absolutely astonishing car, so why would I want to spend $47,700 more? GT4 I think are highly underrated.
smiles11 (06-25-2021)
Old 06-25-2021, 01:01 AM
fractionofawhole
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ForeverCar
The write up seems a bit ambiguous on the lightweight option. One way of interpreting it has rear steering delete (that alone would get me to go for that package).
It has rear seat delete and the addition of rear-axle steering.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:12 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

The matte black SPASM lip is different and isn’t designed for the Sport Design bumper. The part numbers for both lips are listed in one of the front lip threads.

The part number for the matte black Sport Design lip is:

992-807-100-F-G2X
Exactly. GTS model has SportDesign bumper (similar to the white one in the picture, although not GTS) with matte black lip and that is exactly the same lip as the fully colored SportDesign bumper has (but painted). But it's not the same as the matte black lip in the SPASM (regular) bumper. I guess, based on the above conversation, @BIGWORM (and you too?) would have wanted to put the matte black lip from the GTS's front (aka SportDesign) bumper on to his regular bumper, if I understood correctly. Or maybe you wanted to have your upcoming SportDesign colored lip changed into matte black? In case the latter, it's still the the same lip (as in the fully colored SportDesign bumper) and you can just order it unpainted as it comes like that as a replacement part.

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 06-25-2021 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:36 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Exactly. GTS model has SportDesign bumper (similar to the white one in the picture, although not GTS) with matte black lip and that is exactly the same lip as the fully colored SportDesign bumper has (but painted). But it's not the same as the matte black lip in the SPASM (regular) bumper. I guess, based on the above conversation, @BIGWORM (and you too?) would have wanted to put the matte black lip from the GTS's front (aka SportDesign) bumper on to his regular bumper, if I understood correctly. Or maybe you wanted to have your upcoming SportDesign colored lip changed into matte black? In case the latter, it's still the the same lip and you can just order it unpainted.
This.
TheGreatJ (06-25-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 GTS Discussion