Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Configurator Now Running

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 03:24 AM
Schorsch
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 73 Posts

What is weird to me is the fact that they are selling carplay differently in the new 2022 configurator here in Germany:
At the very last point in the Configurator, there is the option of "Smartphone-Integration". It's a 297,50€ option. First I was wondering: Who does not want that?
The fine print states that - translated by google translate:

As part of Porsche Connect, smartphone integration is included for three years. By booking this option, the smartphone integration can continue to be used over the three-year inclusive period, even without extending Porsche Connect.
So you pay the 297,50€ upfront and you get lifetime AppleCarPlay. That approach sounds about right to me!?

On another topic: The painted side skirts seem to be gone and standard?! I do not find them in the configurator anymore. Maybe I have to klick the sport design package front-rear if I want them - which I don't. On the picture, it looks like they are there?!

Also the race tex roof liner option does now include the sunvisors in race tex/alcantara as well - which I find very nice.
Headlining, A-pillar trim, B-pillar cover (upper part), C-pillar and sun visors in Race-Tex

Old 09-24-2021, 03:48 AM
webby87
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody know if Android Auto is still a subscription when ordering a car as of Sept 2021? I don't see an upgrade to "unlimited use" in the configurator.

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2021, 02:17 PM
BCA01
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by webby87
Anybody know if Android Auto is still a subscription when ordering a car as of Sept 2021? I don't see an upgrade to "unlimited use" in the configurator.

Thanks!
Not sure about Android but I’d imagine it’s the same as what happened with CarPlay: Porsche quickly re-thought that “unlimited use” as an option and made it standard again. I discovered this when having my SA make tweaks to my build. Something kept causing the changes to be rejected and we discovered that it was because we still had unlimited CarPlay selected. I did confirm that it is now standard as it was before.

Quick Reply: 2022 Configurator Now Running