Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What discount should I ask for for a custom 992 order?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 08:40 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
You don’t only need the email. You can ask your dealer or call PCNA and ask for the Commission number ahead of receiving the email. At that point your allocation is real and registered with Porsche to be built. If no Comm number, it’s probably a fairytale.
Yep. Dealer should print out a build sheet with a commission number and your name on it. Then it's real. Believe nothing until that is in your hands.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:39 PM
RedTide
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewTJ50
Bay Area dealers aren’t 50 deposits deep, at least not as of January. Florida maybe?
I was told I'm first on the list for a C4S allocation. But that was in January and I'm still waiting... So maybe that was just to sucker me into a deposit.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:02 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTide
I was told I'm first on the list for a C4S allocation. But that was in January and I'm still waiting... So maybe that was just to sucker me into a deposit.
I feel your pain. But I also believe many dealers are simply not getting the allocations they expected. The real mystery to me is how Porsche doles out those allocations...
The following users liked this post:
RedTide (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 04:05 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Vaidas Cikotas
I had to go out of state to get an allocation as my dealer had no answers for me, I originally put down a deposit last July and never got any real information other than hurry up and wait. After talking to the Sales Manager after months of nothing, he said they have 50 deposits on different variations of the 992 so I sure as hell wasn't a priority and since I had negotiated a 6 percent discount, I was probably even further down the list. Only after diving deep into this forum did I realize that the only way I was going to get an allocation is if I went looking for one. I contacted a Dealer that was mentioned in this forum and the SA said he could get me an allocation... and he did! I did get a 5 percent discount but that price was negotiated back in December, When he got me my allocation in March, he said that he could honor the discount because we agreed a few months ago but anyone coming in the door currently was only getting MSRP. My build locked in March and production starts in a week. Car will be on a ship by the end of the month. I am also doing the Atlanta Delivery experience and received an e-mail from them telling me I can expect a window of late June to early July for my delivery. Once the car finishes production, a more specific date will be available. I'm now only a few months away from my C2S Cab MT and can't wait. From my understanding, it's just as impossible to find a 2022 allocation at this point as the worldwide chip shortage continues to be an issue for all car manufacturers including Porsche. I see questions on here asking should I get the 2022 vs the 2021? I doubt most can get either one right now. Allocations are at a trickle at best and I would suspect most dealers have a huge waiting list. That being said, I found one so I'm sure if you're willing to do the work, you can probably find one somewhere as well. The demand for Porsche cars is so high, my local dealer doesn't have a single new car on the lot.. they are begging people to sell them their older model year cars. Btw, a deposit doesn't mean squat.. until you have an e-mail from Porsche that looks like this, you don't have an allocation

Congratulations on the order of your new 911. We would like to invite you to be a part of our exclusive service, where you can track your vehicle's journey from our Stuttgart Zuffenhausen factory in Germany to your authorized Porsche dealership.

Below you will find a link to your personal Porsche Track Your Dream feature giving you unprecedented access to the ordering, production, and delivery processes as they happen. This provides you the opportunity to track the evolution of your dream Porsche vehicle. Therefore, we kindly ask you to register for a Porsche ID via the My Porsche portal.

To access your vehicle, please register on the My Porsche portal with your email address:
That destination sure doesn't look like Atlanta.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:30 PM
sali1980
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 66 Posts

I got 8% in June of 2020 on 992S since I was trading in another 991.2 lease. Recently I asked for GTS allocation (originally asked for Gt3 and was told to get lost) and I was told 0% discount. I put a deposit down and we will see what happens.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:49 AM
Vaidas Cikotas
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The Manager told me he has 750k in deposits for cars that he can't get. Allocations are just not coming in at any volume so every car has been spoken for from a deposit that is over a year old. I was waiting for 9 months thinking I had a good spot... Not saying the dealer is being dishonest, I just don't think they really know either. They have so many buyers and so few cars that they have no answers. They don't have any cars at all, forget trying to get a 992 unless someone drops out. This is a significant dealer in the southeast. I have talked to numerous Sales guys there and they joke about having to find a new job as they have nothing to sell anyone.... Seems to be a similar story just about everywhere. I feel really lucky to be getting a car this summer... If you find an allocation for what you want, consider yourself extremely lucky!
The following 3 users liked this post by Vaidas Cikotas:
JAB12 (04-10-2021), mdrobc1213 (04-11-2021), SBAD (04-11-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 09:26 PM
riwu
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
I ordered my car in early July 2020. I put down $15K to get the ball rolling. Cash deal. No financing or trade ins. Simple deal. I went through a number of promises from my dealership. I was told I would get my car in September/October....then it changed to December/January...then finally, May 2021. Still waiting, so we’ll see?

The OP is taking about two improbable events to happen, simultaneously - (1) getting a discount, and (2) getting delivery in July, or a mere 3-4 months after custom ordering in April. I say, 6-sigma...and I will stand by that. Impossible? No. Improbable? Yes.
Just a quick update for everyone, I have defied the improbable and secured a July delivery with 1% discount (with a $150k+ build). Not significant but better than nothing.

Last edited by riwu; 04-10-2021 at 09:31 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by riwu:
SBAD (04-11-2021), westcoastj (05-05-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 09:45 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Went by my dealer today. There are almost no cars in there. It was bizarre. It's a bad deal with sports cars - an emotional purchase like that is often spontaneous and having zero inventory makes it really tough. Crazy times.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:08 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by riwu
Just a quick update for everyone, I have defied the improbable and secured a July delivery with 1% discount (with a $150k+ build). Not significant but better than nothing.

So approximately 10 days ago you posted you were looking to get a custom build 992, and asked about what discount you could get. So, in less than 10 days, you put a deposit down, secured a 1% discount (contract) and locked in with a firm delivery date of sometime in July? Did I get that right? If so, then happy for you...and while 1% is better than nothing, it’s less than the price of one Porsche option. If I can ask, what is the name of your dealership and SA? I have a friend who is looking to also get a quick turnaround and if he can get a “lock” in under 10 days of putting down a deposit, he will give your SA a call. Thx.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:09 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

If I can ask, what is the name of your dealership and SA? I have a friend who is looking to also get a quick turnaround and if he can get a “lock” in under 10 days of putting down a deposit, he will give your SA a call. Thx.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:15 PM
riwu
Instructor

So approximately 10 days ago you posted you were looking to get a custom build 992, and asked about what discount you could get. So, in less than 10 days, you put a deposit down, secured a 1% discount (contract) and locked in with a firm delivery date of sometime in July? Did I get that right? If so, then happy for you...and while 1% is better than nothing, it’s less than the price of one Porsche option. If I can ask, what is the name of your dealership and SA? I have a friend who is looking to also get a quick turnaround and if he can get a “lock” in under 10 days of putting down a deposit, he will give your SA a call. Thx.
That's correct.
Not sure if the dealer skipped over other customers to give me the allocation so I don't want to reveal them.
They told me this is allegedly their last allocation anyway so it probably won't be of any help to your friend.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:19 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

That's correct.
Not sure if the dealer skipped over other customers to give me the allocation so I don't want to reveal them.
They told me this is allegedly their last allocation anyway so it probably won't be of any help to your friend.
So, you’re refusing to even give them name of the dealership because your SA said this “was their last allocation and “it won’t be of any help to my friend”.

Sure. Never met, nor heard of a SA that didn’t welcome a referral.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 04-10-2021 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:25 PM
riwu
Instructor

So, you’re refusing to even give them name of the dealership because your SA said this “was their last allocation and “it won’t be of any help to my friend”.

Sure.
They might have skipped over their existing customers so I don't want to reveal them as the existing customers would make a fuss.
Even if that's not the case, based on their claim that it's the last allocation, I don't need to direct needless calls to them.

Not even sure which part you think I'm lying about.

Last edited by riwu; 04-10-2021 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:27 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

I'm not sure which part you don't understand.
They might have skipped over their existing customers so I don't want to reveal them as the existing customers would make a fuss.
Even if that's not the case, based on their claim that it's the last allocation, I don't need to direct needless calls to them.
Never met, nor heard of a SA that didn’t welcome a referral. What part of that don;t you understand?
Old 04-10-2021, 10:29 PM
riwu
Instructor

Never met, nor heard of a SA that didn’t welcome a referral. What part of that don;t you understand?
The part that says they might have screwed their existing customers (perhaps for skipping the allocation order, or refusing to give any discounts), and I'm not about to get them in trouble.
I'm sure they are not in need of referral given what has been discussed in this thread.

What do you think I'm lying about and what incentive do you think I have for doing so?

Last edited by riwu; 04-10-2021 at 10:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tkim (04-11-2021)

Quick Reply: What discount should I ask for for a custom 992 order?