Sponsored by:

992 GTS - When??

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 09:49 AM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 838 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by Fmoura
Off-course there is no build sheet, that will be only possible when the car is released and configurable, like you state.
What matters here is that an official dealer signs that the production of my 992 Gts will occur in Oct21 and the delivery in Nov21.
They signed a contract and received an advance for it.
They can fail to fulfill the contract, that can always happen, but like already said, 3 dealers state the same info, 2 of them offered me Oct build/ Nov delivery and the other said that was already sold out for 2021 slot.
Respectfully, you’re completely full of ****. “October build/Nov delivery” denotes an actual allocation, and no allocations actually exist. You’re fooling no one here except yourself. The owner of my dealer as of Sunday said there has been zero news on the GTS from Porsche corporate.

Last edited by ryandarr1979; 05-18-2021 at 09:51 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by ryandarr1979:
991.1 Guy (05-18-2021), detansinn (05-18-2021), dhirm5 (05-19-2021), mdrobc1213 (05-20-2021), westcoastj (05-24-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 10:26 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
Respectfully, you’re completely full of ****. “October build/Nov delivery” denotes an actual allocation, and no allocations actually exist. You’re fooling no one here except yourself. The owner of my dealer as of Sunday said there has been zero news on the GTS from Porsche corporate.
Which is why I stopped waiting for a Targa GTS and placed my order for a Targa 4S this past Friday. September build with an estimated November delivery.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dr. G:
detansinn (05-18-2021), djlynch (06-19-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 12:44 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 386 Posts

You guys are all hung up on semantics. Most EU dealers already know when the car is being released and have been told how many build slots they are getting and in what months they will occur. Same thing happened with the GT3. My dealer knew how many slots he was getting and had already handed them out to customers before the release. As soon as that happened, the customers could configure their cars. So if he says he aready has a build slot “allocated” to him, then I believe him.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chris3963:
Lander911 (05-18-2021), T3X4S (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 01:03 PM
Fmoura
Cruisin'

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Indeed Chris3963

Anyway, a nice photo is already promised for November
The following users liked this post:
T3X4S (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 04:37 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Fmoura
Gentleman's,
The car will be released until the first days of Set, that same day the online configurator will be operative, and we will be allowed to configure the car.
The reserve was made and paid for Oct build and Nov 2021 delivery, a contract by written from a official dealer, that I'll not show for obvious reasons.
I'm not trying to convince no one, just provide a useful info.
Note: Before moving forward, I receive that same info from 3 different dealers in 2 different EU countries, and in 1 of them all slots available for a 2021 delivery, were already taken.
Regards.
Historically, its not unusual that Porsche releases a new one in Europe first, to keep any problems closer to the factories and easier to manage.
Here in the USA, dealers seem to have heard nothing...
The following 3 users liked this post by PCA1983:
detansinn (05-18-2021), stopngo (05-19-2021), Wern3r (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 06:25 PM
Wern3r
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I’m considering a 992 GTS to replace my 718 GT4. I want the look of the car to be similar.
- Guards Red
- Satin black wheels
- Aerokit
- Bucket seats
- Alcantara interior
- PTV & PASM
what else will be in the GTS packaging?
Old 05-19-2021, 06:30 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by Wern3r
I’m considering a 992 GTS to replace my 718 GT4. I want the look of the car to be similar.
- Guards Red
- Satin black wheels
- Aerokit
- Bucket seats
- Alcantara interior
- PTV & PASM
what else will be in the GTS packaging?
you won't get (m)any constructive responses to this too-vague question. play around on the configurator for the 911 S - gts is basically same with some some minor differences.
Wern3r (05-19-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 06:40 PM
Wern3r
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dhirm5
you won't get (m)any constructive responses to this too-vague question. play around on the configurator for the 911 S - gts is basically same with some some minor differences.
I sent my dealer a build of a C2S already and he mentioned there will be some GTS packaging with the model. Expected to be released by end of next week 👏
Old 05-20-2021, 06:50 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 832 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
GTS?

October build, November delivery?
Very skeptical, because things haven’t moved that quickly in the pandemic and they’re currently shipping cars that don’t have TPMS sensors or electrically adjustable steering columns due to a chip shortage.

Dealers are more than willing to take people’s money, but unless there is a hard allocation or build number, be careful that your deposit isn’t merely a place in line.
Correct assumption at least for those of us living on the western side of the Atlantic Ocean. Europe or Middle East maybe so...but given problems with worldwide production of all 992's and other variants this still seems very aggressive from a production/delivery standpoint...as if COVID19 did NOT happen. Just saying...
Originally Posted by rk-d
There is no official press release on the car even existing and there is no way to configure it online. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Hell of a first post.
I would guess that this guy is a non-US buyer/poster...otherwise agree doesn't make sense.
Originally Posted by rk-d
I think some of this may be semantics.

I have no doubt you'll get a GTS when it's released (whenever that is). It very well may be in November as you state.

What we're saying is that it's improbable that an active allocation exists for anyone to get a GTS, right now at this moment. An allocation indicates a chassis with a configurable build has been assigned to your name with a scheduled factory build slot. This is not possible without the car having been formally introduced by Porsche and configurable. Being in EU, your dealer may be assured by their representatives there that the car will be introduced, allocated and configurable with a November delivery. But that does not mean the allocation exists right now. It's a key distinction because the scramble for GTS allocations will be intense and knowing the true release date is a big deal.

That said, if you have a build sheet to display here, that will silence the doubters very quickly.
Don't think there is a dealer issued build sheet to show from Porsche AG's production system...not yet as said car isn't released even in Europe. Know folks are gonna say car is done/finished ready for release but that is not the same as ready and able to be ordered by an individual walking into a dealership and purchasing an actual vehicle and chassis production # that is also actually planned and available for Porsche to produce. That said as this is likely an EU dealer/buyer there may be a bit more transparency between Porsche and the buyer and I would suspect that an EU GTS is probably about 6 mos ahead of anything that the US will see especially given current trends and production issues so what they may see in November we here in the US probably won't until Mar/Apr 2022 (Spring 2022). That is probably the most optimistic I think for US buyers.
Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
I think the buyer and dealer are non-US likely EU so maybe there is some hope but yes without any proof we all are skeptical of a Nov GTS car delivered to any customer given Porsche and other car manufacturer's current production difficulties also and supply demand woes.
Originally Posted by Dr. G
Which is why I stopped waiting for a Targa GTS and placed my order for a Targa 4S this past Friday. September build with an estimated November delivery.
Smart man if you wanted a car anytime in the next 12 months probably!
Originally Posted by Chris3963
You guys are all hung up on semantics. Most EU dealers already know when the car is being released and have been told how many build slots they are getting and in what months they will occur. Same thing happened with the GT3. My dealer knew how many slots he was getting and had already handed them out to customers before the release. As soon as that happened, the customers could configure their cars. So if he says he aready has a build slot “allocated” to him, then I believe him.
As said he may be a non-US buyer which would make more sense but still think his/her expected timetable is very optimistic!
Originally Posted by PCA1983
Historically, its not unusual that Porsche releases a new one in Europe first, to keep any problems closer to the factories and easier to manage.
Here in the USA, dealers seem to have heard nothing...
Yes so as posted above...my guess is add 6 mos to this expected Oct/Nov delivery before we see a US car! An example is...has ANYONE seen a GT3 yet delivered in the US? I haven't. My dealer has a Taycan CT delivery for a customer in mid Aug for a car that was just released what 3 weeks ago? So that is what roughly 4.5 mos from release to 1st car arrival? Not sure if that is due to COVID19 logistics and production issues or timetable as planned....still is quite a while from release to official US cars on our shores. I think the only cars in the US are currently "press cars" for the Taycan GT and same for GT3 but could be wrong for a few select customers. What are you guys seeing? Seems to me that its taking a bit longer now still given new microchip shortages to get a fully operational car in a customer's hands no a days...Porsche posted production delays/order holds-stop orders and Port Holds too seem to be a bit more common. My '21 992 took was produced 12 Sept 20 and delivery was 27 Nov 20 and that was as allocations were drying up and after the factory pause last year...admittedly things were much better then so now one gets a newly released GTS in less than 60 days still seems a bit far fetched and hopeful.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:43 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

I’m still first on my dealer’s Targa GTS list even though I have a Targa 4S September build date with November delivery. Because Targas (and 992s in general) are in such high demand he said I can swap my Targa 4S slot for a Targa GTS slot if one becomes available before my build locks. Now it’s just a game of timing.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:10 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

I’m still first on my dealer’s Targa GTS list even though I have a Targa 4S September build date with November delivery. Because Targas (and 992s in general) are in such high demand he said I can swap my Targa 4S slot for a Targa GTS slot if one becomes available before my build locks. Now it’s just a game of timing.
Or keep the 4S for a year and trade it in for a GTS - probably for very little depreciation. Win/win.
Old 05-28-2021, 02:55 PM
NA2
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 56 Posts

I just inquired about a GTS coupe allocation from my local dealer. they already have a list and are taking deposits. unfortunately they will only commit to "market pricing" e.g. ADM of an undetermined amount.... UNLESS I trade in my 991 now to them. They told me no problem with PTS on the early allocations. But they don't know when they are getting allocations.
vcappp (05-30-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 03:11 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NA2
I just inquired about a GTS coupe allocation from my local dealer. they already have a list and are taking deposits. unfortunately they will only commit to "market pricing" e.g. ADM of an undetermined amount.... UNLESS I trade in my 991 now to them. They told me no problem with PTS on the early allocations. But they don't know when they are getting allocations.
Are you in the US?
Old 05-28-2021, 03:23 PM
NA2
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 56 Posts
Default yep

Are you in the US?
Yes, tri-state area just like you

vcappp (05-30-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 04:35 PM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by NA2
wow GTS is getting the ADM treatment?

Quick Reply: 992 GTS - When??