Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2023, 03:55 AM
NewTo911s
Instructor

Received 372 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Radiationman
Went out for a drive this afternoon - up to and around Lake Geneva WI and broke 1111 miles as I crossed into WI. I would have taken a photo but I was driving...

Anybody (in the US at least) try the Roads app? It appears to be an official Porsche app and is supposed to help find fun and interesting roads to drive... I was going to use it this afternoon, but apparently you can't use it if CarPlay is connected and, well I was too impatient to go for a drive than I was to force CarPlay to disconnect so I could use the app...
Thanks for mentioning the Roads app @Radiationman , didn’t know it existed. Now downloaded and it happily works with CarPlay here in the UK.
The following users liked this post:
Radiationman (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 04:22 AM
Uhu
Racer

Received 1,099 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Pivot
a French gentleman approached me during breakfast and said “you have a great car, very fitting”.
I replied “thank you and it has a manual transmission”. He looked at me with disbelief and said “why?!”
Ah, mais non! Ce n'est pas possible! Qu'est-ce que c'est ca, "dis manuel transmisions"?! L'horreur, mon dieu...oh la la, la la.
(imagine also Louis de Funes making his best facial contortions, while saying this)

The following 2 users liked this post by Uhu:
Macboy (07-05-2023), Pivot (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 04:24 AM
meyecul
Pro

Received 381 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Radiationman
Went out for a drive this afternoon - up to and around Lake Geneva WI and broke 1111 miles as I crossed into WI. I would have taken a photo but I was driving...

Anybody (in the US at least) try the Roads app? It appears to be an official Porsche app and is supposed to help find fun and interesting roads to drive... I was going to use it this afternoon, but apparently you can't use it if CarPlay is connected and, well I was too impatient to go for a drive than I was to force CarPlay to disconnect so I could use the app...
I am in the US and have used it a few times. You actually can use it while CarPlay is connected it’s just a little misleading at first when you get that message saying it cannot run when CarPlay is open. It will run “within” CarPlay.

The reason we get that message on start up that it cannot run is that Roads is also a stand alone app on the PCM Home Screen. You cannot run from there with CarPlay open however you will see it “inside” of CarPlay when scrolling through your CarPlay apps. Hope this helps.
Radiationman (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 04:31 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,301 Likes on 733 Posts

Or maybe it’s not added yet in active apps from your CarPlay settings on your phone? You run it from your phone and change the position apps from there for who didn’t know. You can delete and add the apps as well from your phone (and only from there).
Vernin (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 06:34 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Devon Racer
Thanks. My Vin ends 200014 which seems to be earlier than yours? But mine is manufactured way later.
This is my first 911 for over 50 years last was a factory collection in 1970.
My spec is Ice Grey Metallic MT couldn't make my mind up on RAS but eventually decided against even though Andrew Frankel (Motor Sport & Autocar) and Stuart Gallagher (Evo) swore by it! Dropped Power steering Plus Kept FAL included Exclusive tail lights, Sports Design Side Skirts and front spoiler in exterior colour, 4 way ventilated seats, interior trim package in exterior colour (maybe a mistake ? WAIT AND see), also stitching in GT Silver with seat belts in silver grey, rev counter and chrono in white. Hopefully this will brighten the interior. Incidentally I am a little older than Barkat03 but had my first 911 just a bit older than Vernin.
Hopefully end August / early September delivery. Now perhaps oldest on the "T" forum?
@Devon Racer Looking forward to seeing your car.
I also have FAL and around where I live I’ve memorised around 8 locations, some of which I could take a chance with but why risk it?!
I needed FAL on my Taycan and this is 10mm lower.
BTW aside from Frankel etc recommending RAS there are at least as many reviewers saying you don’t need it unless tight parking is an issue etc.
Got many of the options you did, but went 18 way on the seats and considered ventilation (last summer 40 degrees C!) but then cancelled.
Taking all the above into consideration, my fav option is adjustable side mirrors button. So many narrow roads and lanes where I live, I fold them around 5 times just to go 2 miles to my morning coffee meet-up. Call me paranoid but I sleep easier at night with it 👍
Vernin (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 08:02 AM
Graeme's T
Advanced

Received 240 Likes on 68 Posts
Default HELP!

Morning all

Having problems with my Apple Carplay. When I press the icon my screen just goes blank.

Anyone had this? Have disconnected phone and re-connected but it still does the same. Have asked my dealer and they are coming back to me.

Appreciate any suggestions???

Old 07-05-2023, 08:18 AM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,403 Likes on 848 Posts

but on the forum we all having fun like we were 20
I think our wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, etc (yes, I’m DE&I compliant) would prefer we act 20 here than act 20 on other sites like Tinder, Ashley Madison, ePassion, Zoosk, Fling, farmersonly.com, etc. Not that I’d be familiar with any of these, ha.
Pivot (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 08:24 AM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Targa32
and you don’t follow hood driving practices
I always follow Hood driving practices.

The following 2 users liked this post by ECNJ:
anythingbuttime (07-05-2023), Vernin (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 10:36 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,176 Likes on 1,835 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
I don't agree with the idea that it will look the same after you put xx miles on it... You aren't buying a used car, you should expect one that is factory fresh. Some may promptly take their T off roading, on a track or through the rain...but others will park it in their living room. The problem is, what is the right solution. Painting multiple panels on a new car wouldn't be acceptable either for me.
There is none. I either get it fixed under warranty, which means painting, I take it back, or I negotiate some kind of compensation. I'm leaning toward option 3, and want allocations more than anything else.

Originally Posted by rokkerkory
Are there any gold colored oem wheels that would fit the T? I have GT silver with gloss black and really like them but a spare set on gold would be amazing I think!
There's a new LeMans edition that is GT Silver with Neodyme wheels. Look it up. Looks amazing.

Your pictures lately are on point.
The following 4 users liked this post by Wilder:
Macboy (07-06-2023), Pivot (07-05-2023), rokkerkory (07-05-2023), Vernin (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 10:52 AM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Received 929 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by NewTo911s
Hi @Devon Racer mine was delivered in early May and VIN ends with 201665. There has been such a delay with some cars being delivered even though they had been built I think you find VIN’s are all over the place. From memory, mine started building around 10th April but was really lucky with transport and the ferry coming across. The biggest delay was waiting for it to be collected from Sheerness. Fingers crossed yours gets over quickly. What’s your spec look like?

@Pivot Mine is 201662, built in mid-April and delivered in mid-June, but we know that I was stuck in the distribution maze.
Mine is 201662, built mid-April and delivered mid-June, but we know that I was stuck in the distribution maze.
my Porsche T is 205944, and I still do not have it hahaha, I think I am before you but I have been held at us port for a month and now 5 days
Pivot (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 12:29 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Bumping this conversation about our T-Party. I think we narrowed it down to the weekend of 9/9 or 9/10. Early Sundays are common for drives up there. Can we pick a date and lock it down so we can all mark our calendars?

I've been gathering some road suggestions based on others I know who live in the area and also others who have organized runs up through this region. Part of it will depend on where people are coming from. If @toph4242 is coming from Boston, we may not want to head further west of Bear Mountain, like towards Greenwood Lake, but rather stay closer to the Hudson River.

But let's nail down the date first. I'm good for either day that weekend.

Hmm, maybe we should start a new thread dedicated to this meet-up in the East region section. We can even put a vote in for dates...

I started a new thread with a poll...

https://rennlist.com/forums/east-us-...ntain-run.html
I just posted to that thread a potential meet location with pics and maps. Just FYI, I’ve parked in lot 1 & 2 over a hundred times. Especially pre-Covid, I used to go hiking there a lot. Open to other meet locations also…
AdamIsAdam (07-05-2023), Vernin (07-06-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Rich_911T
Pro

Received 1,128 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by ECNJ
I just posted to that thread a potential meet location with pics and maps. Just FYI, I’ve parked in lot 1 & 2 over a hundred times. Especially pre-Covid, I used to go hiking there a lot. Open to other meet locations also…
could all meet in Danbury ct , puts us all in a good spot from all directions and not too far from bear mountain Starbucks right off i84
Vernin (07-06-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 12:52 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,066 Likes on 1,761 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich_911T
could all meet in Danbury ct , puts us all in a good spot from all directions and not too far from bear mountain Starbucks right off i84
Rich,
Post up suggestions on the other thread. There are a few coming from NJ, so going to CT to go back to NY would be counter-productive for them.

I just posted a bunch of routes and suggestions. Take a look, everyone.

Vernin (07-06-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 03:05 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,459 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Rich,
Post up suggestions on the other thread. There are a few coming from NJ, so going to CT to go back to NY would be counter-productive for them.

new flyer in the thread
The following 3 users liked this post by tourenwagen:
AdamIsAdam (07-05-2023), ECNJ (07-05-2023), Vernin (07-06-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 03:15 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Rich,

I’ve been to all those roads…agree, they work also. I’ll default to what everyone chooses, since it looks 50/50 for me now. Just got off my deal pipeline call and looks like we’ll be doing double the volume 2nd half of the year (so traveling more). Equities market getting more bullish for 2nd half. The bulls are back.

Here’s the current list of attendees. Up to 14 potentials! Let’s get it to 20! Only saw 8 votes there on dates. Attendees should chime in there!

Adamisadam
Alex.In.M0tion (AKA Sharkblue982)
Cartod (maybe)
CengueFever
dassArse (maybe)
dreamin11
DSC48
D-SOCO
Duktail
ECNJ
Rich_911T
Russdc
Toph4242
Tourenwagen
cal10882 (07-06-2023), Vernin (07-06-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club