Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2023 | 04:41 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pivot
it looks like a stress related crack after a bird-strike or something, as you have visible point of contact where three lines meet. Then the crack ran up to the stress-point. Must be very disappointing on a new car!
It sure looks like that. I post a picture from the early morning. Looks maybe like a stone. I agree probably it started there.

Here a better picture of the early hours.

And here the outside picture.

I guess it’s best to wait if any other issues arise. If so it would be a good idea to start a new thread for the T. For insurance and guarantee purposes.

I have driven around 60.000km in the last 3 years with different 911 cars and never any glass issues. Doesn’t mean anything, but if more examples show up we are sure it’s not “normal”.
The following users liked this post:
HerrDr (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023 | 05:41 AM
Uhu
Racer

Originally Posted by bobert75
I ordered the decal delete. I'm 100% sure I don't want it - in fact, since my car was built two months ago at a time when the factory was apparently ignoring the decal delete option, I've emailed Joey 3x to ask if someone can check my car in storage at Leipzig to make sure I won't have an unwanted surprise on Euro Delivery day. I still have no answer. I'll be pissed if they pull the cover off on 8/22 and I have side decals. I respect anyone's choice to get them, but I just don't like any decals or stripes on my own cars. And I have to say, the side decal on the T really doesn't work at all on Gentian Blue - I think it looks fine on any other color but as I said it's just not my thing. I don't need to "test drive" having side decals on my car.
I too ordered the delete. And was sure I don't want them. Never had or ordered any decals or stripes on my cars.
Then, at delivery, I uncovered the car and there they were. Oh well...karma. They look nice on GT silver and if the factory wanted them so badly to have them on, I left them in place.
The PPF guy was not amused. It made his job a little harder.

If you get them, we can meet up in Stuttgart or at the Ring, I can peel them off for you
And you are right, they kinda get lost on Gentian.
Old 05-17-2023 | 05:46 AM
greggles991
Advanced

Originally Posted by shane_b
Pics of the new GT3 side skirts… I am absolutely delighted! Personal preference of course but I think it really finishes it off.

I have kept the originals and it’s easy to revert in future.

It should also hopefully provide further protection to the sides.

They look brilliant Shane. I'm really tempted to put them on my GT Silver T. Did your local UK Porsche dealer source them and fit them for you? Can I ask what they charged? Also I can't remember if you have the Sport Design front / rear on your T? Mine doesn't but I think the GT3 side skirts will still look OK.
Old 05-17-2023 | 06:20 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Originally Posted by greggles991
They look brilliant Shane. I'm really tempted to put them on my GT Silver T. Did your local UK Porsche dealer source them and fit them for you? Can I ask what they charged? Also I can't remember if you have the Sport Design front / rear on your T? Mine doesn't but I think the GT3 side skirts will still look OK.
Yes, they are genuine Porsche parts, and only took a few days to arrive and less than an hour to fit in which time I had a great chat with a 991 GT3 owner and drank two nice coffees.
I haven’t had the final bill but will be about £1000 all in.
I have SD front and rear but I don’t think that matters; will look great on both in my opinion.
Ørjan (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023 | 06:23 AM
greggles991
Advanced

Yes, they are genuine Porsche parts, and only took a few days to arrive and less than an hour to fit in which time I had a great chat with a 991 GT3 owner and drank two nice coffees.
I haven’t had the final bill but will be about £1000 all in.
I have SD front and rear but I don’t think that matters; will look great on both in my opinion.
Thanks Shane, I'll have a word with my dealer. It may be that they can order/fit them before I collect the car.
Old 05-17-2023 | 06:29 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Originally Posted by greggles991
Thanks Shane, I'll have a word with my dealer. It may be that they can order/fit them before I collect the car.
I’m 100% sure they can/will, but I would still ask for the originals in case you end up selling in the future to a purist!

…or to just sell on eBay! Haha.
greggles991 (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023 | 07:32 AM
Graeme's T
Advanced

Pics of the new GT3 side skirts… I am absolutely delighted! Personal preference of course but I think it really finishes it off.

Could you post a pic zoomed out so we can see the whole car pls? Looks great close up
The following 2 users liked this post by Graeme's T:
Bodibedo (05-17-2023), HerrDr (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023 | 07:37 AM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macboy
It sure looks like that. I post a picture from the early morning. Looks maybe like a stone. I agree probably it started there.

Hear a better picture of the early hours.

I guess it’s best to wait if any other issues arise. If so it would be a good idea to start a new thread for the T. For insurance and guarantee purposes.

I have driven around 60.000km in the last 3 years with different 911 cars and never any glass issues. Doesn’t mean anything, but if more examples show up we are sure it’s not “normal”.

That is annoying… I feel your pain.

I just picked a big stone chip on my Mrs brand new BMW. Luckily there is no crack/run, I need to fix it before it spreads.
Macboy (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023 | 09:40 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 201PRO
I have gotten some S*it for suggesting that. But I agree only thing that truly matters is what I think. Thats still on the table as well but for me it goes both ways with the grey all tying together as well. My PPF guy also suggested making the PORSCHE lettering on the calipers yellow. Keeping this car forever so i'll do whatever the F i want to with it
Ohh that could be a really cool look. Have the Caliper painted in Agate Grey to match the mirror caps, and then have the Porsche Lettering on the caliper in Yellow!! OR Have the calipers painted in Gloss Black with Yellow lettering.

Im starting to think that Maybe on my rubystar build I should do Agate calipers with yellow lettering or black + yellow.... This opens the window to a lot of new ideas
201PRO (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023 | 09:51 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

At a slight tangent ….
As previously stated, loving the sound of the engine, but as a daily drive there are times I’m stuck in stationary or very slow moving traffic. The standard speakers are totally ****e!
This morning sat in a friends brand new Audi S3 and he played ‘Dani California’!
Then we played it in the T…. a HUGE difference in quality. Turn up the bass and the speakers rattle.
Has anyone (that didn’t spec Burmester) sourced a reasonably priced aftermarket sound system?
Talking around £/$/€ 2k ish.
Doing research and seems the amplifier is good enough, just the speakers and sound insulation that need replacing.
Old 05-17-2023 | 09:52 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

If you're going to go through the trouble if painting calipers, I'm not sure Agate will seem worth it - not enough pop IMO.
Scott P (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023 | 10:22 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
If you're going to go through the trouble if painting calipers, I'm not sure Agate will seem worth it - not enough pop IMO.
I totally hear ya... I think doing them in a "Gloss" or "Metallic" finish in just about any color though changes the look a lot. The Factory calipers are my BIGGEST complaint about the last 2 generations of 911. The weird unpainted flat black front and metal colored sides just ages very poorly and looks unfinished. Even a gloss black would have made me a lot happier and its strange that they don't have this on the config for the T... obviously S, GTS and above all get red, yellow or black option. T should have come with some sort of painted caliper
tourenwagen (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023 | 10:41 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

I'll look more closely when I get my car back
toph4242 (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023 | 10:44 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ECNJ
@Barkat03 Wanted to send u this so u can see when u wake up. Met with my audio guy today. He took a look at my T also. Mentioned the factory system doesn’t have a separate amp (Euro version may be different). Anyway, u can go 2 different ways without breaking bank to improve to a good enough level. As mentioned, I want a good blend of car engine, induction, exhaust (I even heard a bit of turbo whistle today) sounds with better music sound. Option 1 - Replace the 4 door speakers and 2 dash twitters and add an amp to drive them. In USD, about $2,500 installed. He anticipates good improvement but may still be lacking with bass ( depending on individual expectations) Option 2 - He thinks u can leave the factory system in place (again, if going for good blend car and music sound combo) and add a sub box with built-in amp to increase significant bass. He said u really have to add even a small box for good bass which is what I thought he’d say. Perfect spot on 992 rear deck to add with no drilling/mounting. Strong Velcro only. If removed later, no residual effects he said. He personally makes custom car audio harnesses so no factory wire cutting either. I think it’s important to find an installer that understands how some of us Porsha owners are particular about being able to revert anything to factory/stock if desired. Cost about 1,000 USD installed. Likely what I’ll do. I’ll share report later on how much I like/dislike it if I do it. I’m still considering. I like to take my time with mods. Do it right…do it once.
Love the real world response here. Thanks for the intel.
The following 2 users liked this post by tourenwagen:
Barkat03 (05-17-2023), ECNJ (05-17-2023)
Old 05-17-2023 | 11:08 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Looks great! I fitted these to my last 992 and it did seem as if it kept some of the rear arch peppering to a minimum.

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club