Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 02:23 AM
JOSCAL
Racer

Received 258 Likes on 143 Posts

Wow, don’t they look fantastic! Congratulations all!

I was convinced I wanted jet black but I’m now very unsure😂😉 Silver looks amazing, shark blue stunning and guards red beautiful…

Health to drive!
Old 04-07-2023, 03:09 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Received 533 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Returnofthemac
I wasn't going to order this but you might have changed my mind. Any chance you could post some pictures of the other colour options please.
Of course… there are a few! I’ll shut myself in the garage later this morning!
Old 04-07-2023, 03:14 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Received 533 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
Mine will be named "Gordie" after my favorite late uncle who introduced me to the joys of a 911 in 1969 with his first 911.
Mine is called Scarlet! We have a family habit of naming our cars. There has been many ranging from Bob to Dave, Pearl, Rosie, Mr Shu! I even had one with the number plate Mao which made it awkward!
Old 04-07-2023, 03:51 AM
norcal992
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BaxterPup
Originally Posted by norcal992
Have you scheduled your delivery date with PECLA? what's the earliest available slot right now? My T production has been delayed but I'm thinking whether I should cancel PECLA delivery to avoid another delay caused by delivery slot availability

@norcal992 , I'm circling back on your question and my limited info response (above) from yesterday. So, I had to reach out to their New Delivery Coordinator (they were supposed to contact me as soon as the car was on a vessel, car left Emden 3/30 and not a peep). They did respond today with a block of possible delivery experience dates. The earliest of which is 6/13. The car is supposed to reach our Norcal port at the end of April so basically 6 weeks between arrival and the earliest delivery experience slot availability (lol). I communicated my preferred dates but also inquired about my ability to cancel the "experience" altogether as I'd prefer to spend those 6 weeks enjoying the car rather than have it sitting in a parking lot baking in the So Cal sun that whole time.

Hope that helps with your decision either direction.
Wow that's a long wait... I'll probably cancel if I have to wait for 6 weeks. Enjoying the car a month earlier definitely worth more than PEC delivery to me. Thank you so much for sharing! Really appreciate it
The following users liked this post:
BaxterPup (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 04:25 AM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
Also if you get the elevator pic it will be the first Aero T build we've seen
You missed one.
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1230...l#post18717912
Old 04-07-2023, 05:32 AM
lmmo
Advanced

Received 216 Likes on 53 Posts

Personal option, but I would remove the privacy glass and add the clear taillights. Also, personally I wouldn't have the interior trim painted.
You can add the storage pack for free, and you can save some money by removing the extra leather in the dashboard and doors (the leather interior already covers most visible parts), and the painted seat backrest (nobody will see them, especially since you don't have rear seats). You have some extras like the air ionizer or the ambient lighting and other small bits, but not the Bose sound system which is normally more valued.

Here it goes the code with a few of these changes: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRR1ZL72
Old 04-07-2023, 05:51 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 120 Posts

Does anyone have link to 23 992 T official manual?
Is there a way to download from Porsche website?
Old 04-07-2023, 05:59 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
Does anyone have link to 23 992 T official manual?
Is there a way to download from Porsche website?
You should have it on your ‘MY PORSCHE’ app.
I’ve got it
Old 04-07-2023, 06:16 AM
Particularberet
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Colours

Hi guys. 600 pages now - nice. I've read them all. Didn't post much though. My whole country only got 15 Carrera T for MY23, so I didn't expect to get one, but my dealer gave me a call that his next allocation will probably be mine, for another guy wants to skip. Time to get serious with the configurator!

I'm one of those ethos guys, otherwise I'd just buy an S; so it will be quite lightly optioned and as analogue as possible, which means 7MT, no RAS, not even full leather and so on. What I could not yet decide on at all though is the colour! Many amazing pics in here, let me tell you what I think, maybe you've got some advice for me.

Disclaimer: My (strong) opionions on colours are my own subjective taste, I hope no one takes it personally even when I might shred a colour you love or even ordered your car in.

- White: Nice and clean and boring. I own a white BMW, nothing against the colour but I consider it a waste on a Carrera T.

- Black: Lines of the car get hidden and I'm not a guy who likes to clean his car all the time. Just to put swirl marks on it. The regular black gets scratched by looking at it!

- Guards Red: Used to have a Cayman in Guards Red, loved it, should never have sold but went abroad for 2 years and couldn't take it with me. Got it with all black accents though and that's the problem: the Carrera T has grey everywhere and I think this just doesn't match.

- Racing Yellow: Fits the car well but I just don't like yellow. I'm more a brooding grumpy sort of guy, can't have yellow.

- Jet Black Metallic: Not as problematic as regular black but still - should the beautiful lines of a 911 be hidden? Great colour for a Cayenne perhaps, that ugly cruise ship!

- GT Silver Metallic: My 718 Spyder is a very classic build with this colour and the red interior, bucket seats too. Amazing car but I don't love it, no emotional connection at all, will be sold in May. I almost never use it (mostly because of my baby son who can't come with me/us), has 1300km on it only. Sometimes I drive to work on a sunny day (and hide it somewhere so no one knows it's mine). Silver is boring, every second car is silver.

- Gentian Blue Metallic: Beautiful colour. On a Macan. It also has warm hues and for me doesn't go with the grey accents that well. It's an elegant colour, not a sporty one. Doesn't suit a Carrera T.

- Ruby Star Neo: Just amazing. Really nice, perfect with the grey. Wouldn't like pink but the dark magenta tone is great. However I live in a country that is all about understatement. I also work at a very down to earth company and got a very down to earth family. Never ever could I show up with a Ruby Porsche. Anywhere. They already joked about the early midlife-crisis red Cayman for years. Well yes, I don't exactly live in Miami but rural Switzerland.

- VW Cornflower Blue: Considered to have my 718 painted in this colour, was heavily influenced by the GT3 debut. In real life it reminds me too much on all the Golf GTI and Focus RS who come in similar colours.

- Carmine Red: Used to have a Macan GTS in Carmine. Too elegant for a Carrera T and I would never be willing to spend 3.3k on it.

- Chalk: Very common Porsche colour around here. I liked it when it came out, now it's just another boring grey to me.

- Ice Grey Metallic: They stole this one from the Taycan. Where it suits the car. Too boring for a Carrera T.

- PTS: Under consideration for the issues above. Not currently available though. Maybe in autumn, they say. Also, my budget is not exactly without limits. I might pick a classic sporty lighter colour otherwise, some orange or green, or greyish blue, idk.

So what should I do? Get a Taycan?
The following 2 users liked this post by Particularberet:
Als992 (04-08-2023), Macboy (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 06:34 AM
Honza
Advanced

Received 243 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Particularberet
Hi guys. 600 pages now - nice. I've read them all. Didn't post much though. My whole country only got 15 Carrera T for MY23, so I didn't expect to get one, but my dealer gave me a call that his next allocation will probably be mine, for another guy wants to skip. Time to get serious with the configurator!

I'm one of those ethos guys, otherwise I'd just buy an S; so it will be quite lightly optioned and as analogue as possible, which means 7MT, no RAS, not even full leather and so on. What I could not yet decide on at all though is the colour! Many amazing pics in here, let me tell you what I think, maybe you've got some advice for me.

Disclaimer: My (strong) opionions on colours are my own subjective taste, I hope no one takes it personally even when I might shred a colour you love or even ordered your car in.

- White: Nice and clean and boring. I own a white BMW, nothing against the colour but I consider it a waste on a Carrera T.

- Black: Lines of the car get hidden and I'm not a guy who likes to clean his car all the time. Just to put swirl marks on it. The regular black gets scratched by looking at it!

- Guards Red: Used to have a Cayman in Guards Red, loved it, should never have sold but went abroad for 2 years and couldn't take it with me. Got it with all black accents though and that's the problem: the Carrera T has grey everywhere and I think this just doesn't match.

- Racing Yellow: Fits the car well but I just don't like yellow. I'm more a brooding grumpy sort of guy, can't have yellow.

- Jet Black Metallic: Not as problematic as regular black but still - should the beautiful lines of a 911 be hidden? Great colour for a Cayenne perhaps, that ugly cruise ship!

- GT Silver Metallic: My 718 Spyder is a very classic build with this colour and the red interior, bucket seats too. Amazing car but I don't love it, no emotional connection at all, will be sold in May. I almost never use it (mostly because of my baby son who can't come with me/us), has 1300km on it only. Sometimes I drive to work on a sunny day (and hide it somewhere so no one knows it's mine). Silver is boring, every second car is silver.

- Gentian Blue Metallic: Beautiful colour. On a Macan. It also has warm hues and for me doesn't go with the grey accents that well. It's an elegant colour, not a sporty one. Doesn't suit a Carrera T.

- Ruby Star Neo: Just amazing. Really nice, perfect with the grey. Wouldn't like pink but the dark magenta tone is great. However I live in a country that is all about understatement. I also work at a very down to earth company and got a very down to earth family. Never ever could I show up with a Ruby Porsche. Anywhere. They already joked about the early midlife-crisis red Cayman for years. Well yes, I don't exactly live in Miami but rural Switzerland.

- VW Cornflower Blue: Considered to have my 718 painted in this colour, was heavily influenced by the GT3 debut. In real life it reminds me too much on all the Golf GTI and Focus RS who come in similar colours.

- Carmine Red: Used to have a Macan GTS in Carmine. Too elegant for a Carrera T and I would never be willing to spend 3.3k on it.

- Chalk: Very common Porsche colour around here. I liked it when it came out, now it's just another boring grey to me.

- Ice Grey Metallic: They stole this one from the Taycan. Where it suits the car. Too boring for a Carrera T.

- PTS: Under consideration for the issues above. Not currently available though. Maybe in autumn, they say. Also, my budget is not exactly without limits. I might pick a classic sporty lighter colour otherwise, some orange or green, or greyish blue, idk.

So what should I do? Get a Taycan?
get anything but silver, the less in Switzerland the better

seriously I fully understand your comments on living in a country where it is “not tasteful” to stick out. Thats why I chose Silver, and splashed Green inside - for me to see and enjoy.

PM me if you want to see the car before ordering, I am around Winterthur.
Particularberet (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 06:40 AM
porsche.earth
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

- Ruby Star Neo: Just amazing. Really nice, perfect with the grey. Wouldn't like pink but the dark magenta tone is great.

So what should I do?
I think you answered your own question, stop living in fear about what everyone else thinks or will say and start worrying about how you'll keep the ruby star neo paint clean! If it was not "tasteful" to stick out, your entire country would be devoid of people wearing jewelry of any kind including watches, and yet, I would hazard a guess that plenty of people wear flashy jewelry on a daily basis. There is a quote floating around somewhere along the lines of "to be sure, everyone else has so many things more important to themselves to think about than the color of your car and how it affects your life, that they likely are not spending more than a few seconds, if any at all, thinking about your car", I'm saying it roughly but I hope the meaning is conveyed. If you think Ruby Star Neo is just amazing and perfect with the grey, go for it. Other people have their own things to think about, like what watch they will wear or etc.

If you need further reinforcement that you answered your own question and Ruby Star Neo is the answer, just read how you described each color. It's clear which you have a preference for above all others.

Last edited by porsche.earth; 04-07-2023 at 06:49 AM.
Ørjan (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 07:09 AM
AMALFI RACING
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm new on this forum, so maybe this question was already asked before...
Does anyone know when I can expect pictures from the factory in 'My Porsche'?
The car is ordered in Belgium - status V250 was on April 5th.
If I go to My Porsche' in the app or on the website, I'm still in status 2 of 4
Old 04-07-2023, 07:24 AM
Particularberet
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AMALFI RACING
I'm new on this forum, so maybe this question was already asked before...
Does anyone know when I can expect pictures from the factory in 'My Porsche'?
The car is ordered in Belgium - status V250 was on April 5th.
If I go to My Porsche' in the app or on the website, I'm still in status 2 of 4
In Switzerland we don't get any factory pics. Maybe they only do that for their US clients. Please keep us posted if you get any..
AMALFI RACING (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 07:31 AM
Honza
Advanced

Received 243 Likes on 41 Posts

In Switzerland we don't get any factory pics. Maybe they only do that for their US clients. Please keep us posted if you get any..
actually we do:

the issue is I got them off computer when they transition from phase 1 to phase 2. In my case it was on Wednesday and Thursday I was collecting my car.
when I went to metadata I found out the pictures were taken 4 days apart 10 days before posting to my porsche app.
The following 3 users liked this post by Honza:
AMALFI RACING (04-07-2023), Macboy (04-07-2023), Particularberet (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 07:37 AM
Particularberet
Intermediate

@Honza: Interesting.. didn't get any when my 718 was built. Good to know!

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club