992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 09:43 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,260 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Thank you... appreciate your follow up!
I went with the exclusive design tailpipes on my build simply because as we all know I wanted to make sure I had the sport exhaust button on my dashboard (I think I drilled this to death a week ago haha).
When I met with my SA last week and told him my rationale for ordering the exclusive design tailpipes he said he hadn't heard that but couldn't deny it either. Oh well, I do like the way they look and for as little as they cost, I'm going for it to be safe.
The following users liked this post:
Ethos_of_the_T (12-27-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 10:04 AM
james6speed
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by balucipher
I've found in my 718T I don't use the sport exhaust button very much. I put the car in sport+ usually and that turns on the exhaust by default.

In the 992 by default you get two diamond buttons which you can configure to anything, including sport exhaust. If you get the silver exclusive design tail pipes, which doesn't seem to match with any of the darked out grey exterior trim of the T, you get one of those buttons dedicated to exhaust only with the sport exhaust image printed on it.

With the experience from the 718 and preference for the black tail pipes anyway, I decided to save the cash and enjoy having the two diamond buttons.
The sliver tails look great on the gloss black Aerokit though
The following 2 users liked this post by james6speed:
Ethos_of_the_T (12-27-2022), Scott P (12-27-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 10:05 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,032 Likes on 1,745 Posts

I go back and forth on this option. I like the idea of an exhaust button, but then again I might just buy the Cargraphic valve controller anyway, which means I'll rarely use the button. Also, the tailpipes in black vs chrome: hmm. I kind of like both. Maybe making them stand out is a good thing. Well, I have exactly 6 weeks to decide I guess.

Let me ask you all something else: programmable diamond buttons. How useful are they? What sort of functions are you programming them to do?

Homelink: Is there not a traditional Homelink panel of 3 buttons in the rearview mirror or sunvisor? Why would one need to use a shortcut button for that?
Old 12-27-2022, 10:22 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,967 Likes on 798 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam

Let me ask you all something else: programmable diamond buttons. How useful are they? What sort of functions are you programming them to do?

Homelink: Is there not a traditional Homelink panel of 3 buttons in the rearview mirror or sunvisor? Why would one need to use a shortcut button for that?
The diamond buttons are extremely useful and, yes, no homelink button on the rear view mirror so many program one of the diamond buttons for accessing homelink. I have my other diamond button to turn on surround view cameras so I can quickly creep up to parking blocks or see behind me without putting car in reverse.

There are many other things I’d program but since Porsche only has 2 buttons I haven’t tried other stuff. BMW used to give like 8 or 9 programmable bookmark buttons which were awesome. I programmed things like immediately getting to the bass controls, one push home navigation directions, 1 push tire pressure screen (not a big deal for Porsche b/c your thumb wheel can get you to tire pressure screen quickly), etc.

One other obvious one… I used to have the left hand diamond button on steering wheel to skip track back b/c the button right below it advances tracks forward. But I sacrificed this programmable button to turn on surround view and I have the center console button for homelink.

Last edited by AlterZgo; 12-27-2022 at 10:23 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
AdamIsAdam (12-27-2022), Bearrun21 (12-31-2022), Macboy (12-27-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 11:14 AM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe I have an early build. Order locks 1/27. Going with Shark Blue, Shark Blue belts, standard wheels, Alcantara wheel, plus some other small options. Keeping it minimal in the spirit of the car.

Still no final word on buckets? Super disappointing if so. My original plan was PTS Gulf Blue & buckets.
The following 5 users liked this post by DHinkle:
3RsInCarrera (12-27-2022), dreamin11 (12-27-2022), Ethos_of_the_T (12-27-2022), Macboy (12-27-2022), toph4242 (12-27-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 11:17 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by robopp
Wait, what?! No sport exhaust button if you don’t option the exclusive tailpipes? How did you find this information? Seems there are a lot of quirks with Porsche options and I wish they’d spell everything out so I don’t have to guess/have a slow trickle of info.
Correct. This was a weird scenario I discovered when playing with configurator, and when I asked my SA about it, the North American Porsche Rep happened to be at the dealer that day and he also confirmed that unless the exclusive tailpipes are selected, the toggle switch on the dash is left as a "diamond" custom button. You can set that to be sport exhaust, but it won't have the pic of the pipes on it. Porsche used to give you the pic of the pipes if you had sport exhaust, but since sport exhaust is standard on the T, they decided to make that button another custom button or give you the exhaust button with the selection of exclusive design
Old 12-27-2022, 11:21 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DHinkle
I believe I have an early build. Order locks 1/27. Going with Shark Blue, Shark Blue belts, standard wheels, Alcantara wheel, plus some other small options. Keeping it minimal in the spirit of the car.

Still no final word on buckets? Super disappointing if so. My original plan was PTS Gulf Blue & buckets.
You do have an early build... My freeze date is in February and then 3/17 build... Buckets are going to be a game time decision on these early cars. Porsche keeps promising they are available, and my SA says he has noted the build sheet and that Porsche tells him they will try to make it happen, but who knows!

Im also going Race-Tex wheel and center arm rest... Can anyone with the wheel currently post pics... The heated GT wheel says black race tex and the non heated wheel says Race Tex... if the wheel is heated, do they match the shifter and arm rest to also be black race tex, or would the wheel be different from the shifter and arm rest??

Last edited by toph4242; 12-27-2022 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:48 AM
Cokerrat
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

@toph4242 I have a ‘22 GTS on which I kept the racetex seats but optioned the heated leather GT sport steering wheel in lieu of race tex. The shifter boot became leather as well but the console remained race tex. Hope this helps.
toph4242 (12-27-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 11:53 AM
3RsInCarrera
Instructor

Received 251 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
You do have an early build... My freeze date is in February and then 3/17 build... Buckets are going to be a game time decision on these early cars. Porsche keeps promising they are available, and my SA says he has noted the build sheet and that Porsche tells him they will try to make it happen, but who knows!

Im also going Race-Tex wheel and center arm rest... Can anyone with the wheel currently post pics... The heated GT wheel says black race tex and the non heated wheel says Race Tex... if the wheel is heated, do they match the shifter and arm rest to also be black race tex, or would the wheel be different from the shifter and arm rest??
I’m doing the same—race Tex wheel and race Tex arm rest. I’ll have to study up on how to keep it looking new. Looking forward to someone posting an example.
toph4242 (12-27-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 12:12 PM
NYFlat6ix
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 3RsInCarrera
I’m doing the same—race Tex wheel and race Tex arm rest. I’ll have to study up on how to keep it looking new. Looking forward to someone posting an example.
SONAX Alcantara & Upholstery Cleaner is good stuff.
3RsInCarrera (12-27-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 12:42 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Four years of regular/hard use during aggressive driving (read sweaty hands in Texas heat...)

I use water and a microfiber towel. What Alcantara was created with in mind for cleaning. For me, I believe regular cleaning, vice weeks of letting it sit, has been a key. I do not find it greasy or dirty at all. Love how it looks with the seat centers and the roof liner/pillar coverings. Even with my "poverty spec" sun shades and plastic dash. Drive 'em!

SS
The following 6 users liked this post by S S:
3RsInCarrera (12-27-2022), Ethos_of_the_T (12-27-2022), HerrDr (12-27-2022), Macboy (12-27-2022), toph4242 (12-27-2022), tourenwagen (12-27-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-27-2022, 01:36 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3RsInCarrera
I have a Cayenne GTS with Alcantara Seats, but my wheel and shifter are leather, so I havent dealt with those... The Cayenne Seats I do use that Sonax and honestly the best thing and the thing that keeps the seats looking brand new every day is a $10 alcantara comb that I bought on Amazon (
Amazon Amazon
). they say just brushing it daily is the best way to keep the fibers looking and feeling new. not having the wheel though, I wasnt sure if it would hold up as well, but glad to hear there are some with good luck... I love the look and it just felt like the right choice since ill be doing a lot of track driving with gloves on most of the time.
3RsInCarrera (12-28-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 02:05 PM
gtfour
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Deposit in and 6th in line w/o ADM, woohoo! So excited and hopeful to get my allocation and build for next year.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPBBS3V1

So excited about my first new Porsche purchase. Let me know what you all think of the spec. The only thing I wish I would've gotten is full leather but wanted to stay under the $130k build on the T.

The following 4 users liked this post by gtfour:
6sigma (12-27-2022), Ethos_of_the_T (12-27-2022), Macboy (12-27-2022), Scott P (12-27-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 02:16 PM
Ethos_of_the_T
Advanced

Received 139 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by gtfour
Deposit in and 6th in line w/o ADM, woohoo! So excited and hopeful to get my allocation and build for next year.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPBBS3V1

So excited about my first new Porsche purchase. Let me know what you all think of the spec. The only thing I wish I would've gotten is full leather but wanted to stay under the $130k build on the T.
That’s a fine looking automobile! I like your spec and am glad that it has 3 pedals. I’m not a sunroof guy myself, but I understand why people like them and the whole resale factor. I’m also excited about this being my first brand new Porsche purchase. Congratulations and I’m sure the wait will be well worth it! 👍🏻
The following 2 users liked this post by Ethos_of_the_T:
Cartod (01-06-2023), gtfour (12-27-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 03:54 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by robopp
What are everyones thoughts on axle lift? I have it optioned, but it seems like I’m in the minority. This will be my first Porsche and the road gutter at the end of my driveway is size-able, which is why I optioned it. Is it necessary on a non-GT car?
Originally Posted by balucipher
With the regular bumper I don't think it's necessary for the areas around me. But everyone's drive is different -most steep driveways you can tackle with an aggressive angle but there are some that are just so bad you can't without scraping.

If you can, try a turo car for a day to see if it's something you need for your regular driving. It's nice to have if you have a lot of inclines near you but you'd be surprised how high up the standard nose is for most stuff.
I had a 718 GT4 for about six months. I was pleasantly surprised that I never had a problem with scraping the front, but one must be careful to go at elevated driveways, roads, etc. at an angle.

God bless you,
TT

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club