Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 11:12 AM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,030 Likes on 470 Posts

Hello Carrera T friends. I am in Germany showing my mother around for her birthday. I am *many* pages behind, but I look forward to catching up. I wanted to say hello and hope everyone is excited for the holidays. It has been several years since I enjoyed the Christmas markets here...what a treat!
The following 12 users liked this post by Dream in PTS:
2020Spyder (12-04-2023), AdamIsAdam (12-04-2023), anythingbuttime (12-04-2023), Green_Tea (12-04-2023), Icegrill (12-04-2023), mrcarlo (12-04-2023), N3DXT (12-06-2023), RatherJaded (12-04-2023), Scoots (12-05-2023), Shortseller (12-04-2023), Uhu (12-04-2023), Wilder (12-04-2023) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-04-2023, 12:24 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 471 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortseller
Our grills look different, not the mesh type. So not sure the design of the badge takes a different grill in account? In that case I would not chance it unless we had verification of T fitment.
It does fit on the T grill, they have an install video on their website showing it done.
Old 12-04-2023, 12:51 PM
Shortseller
Pro

Received 609 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by paxton
It does fit on the T grill, they have an install video on their website showing it done.
tried but didn’t run for me.
Old 12-04-2023, 01:00 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 471 Likes on 149 Posts

This video? Works for me.

Old 12-04-2023, 01:55 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,029 Likes on 1,788 Posts

I just put a deposit down on a second T allocation. A customer backed out and I was grateful to receive it. The night of the freeze date on my current T, I woke up in the middle of the night with a spec idea to build a tribute car. I called my SA first thing the following morning and it was too late. This allocation gives me a chance to build this car. Unlike the first car that took me 20 rounds on the configurator over a few weeks, I landed this one in two shots over the weekend.

Function:
Manual
Buckets
Preparation for roof rack
90L tank
Bose

Form:
White
Leather
Leather steering column
Mamba Green stitching
Interior trim in exterior color
Exclusive Design Tail lights
Race Tex steering wheel and shifter boot
Race Tex console with Porsche crest
The following 8 users liked this post by Wilder:
6sigma (12-04-2023), ECNJ (12-05-2023), Macboy (12-05-2023), mdrobc1213 (12-06-2023), mitchs_996 (12-04-2023), N3DXT (12-06-2023), tourenwagen (12-04-2023), Uhu (12-04-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-04-2023, 02:18 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 953 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by paxton
This video? Works for me.

Nothing eBay or Aliexpress belongs on a 911, or anything beyond a high schooler’s project car.
Old 12-04-2023, 02:18 PM
Uhu
Racer

Received 1,099 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilder
I just put a deposit down on a second T allocation. A customer backed out and I was grateful to receive it. The night of the freeze date on my current T, I woke up in the middle of the night with a spec idea to build a tribute car. I called my SA first thing the following morning and it was too late. This allocation gives me a chance to build this car. Unlike the first car that took me 20 rounds on the configurator over a few weeks, I landed this one in two shots over the weekend.

Function:
Manual
Buckets
90L tank
Bose

Form:
White
Leather
Leather steering column
Mamba Green stitching
Only a PDK and RAS away from perfection!

If I would configure my T again, these would be my options too...bar the exclusive taillights. Would have added the non silver PDLS and silver exhaust tips.
An S/T for three times less the entry price. Less is more.
The following 3 users liked this post by Uhu:
Icegrill (12-04-2023), Shortseller (12-04-2023), Wilder (12-04-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 02:21 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 953 Likes on 450 Posts

Function:
Manual
Buckets
90L tank
Bose

Form:
White
Leather
Leather steering column
Mamba Green stitching

what happened with Porsche ag offering you a gt3 allocation for your troubles?
Old 12-04-2023, 02:21 PM
Uhu
Racer

Received 1,099 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by The911Don
Hello Carrera T friends. I am in Germany showing my mother around for her birthday. I am *many* pages behind, but I look forward to catching up. I wanted to say hello and hope everyone is excited for the holidays. It has been several years since I enjoyed the Christmas markets here...what a treat!
And I try to stay away and not get dragged every evening to them
But this year they seem a little less crowded, maybe it is too early, should gather "traction" in the next two weeks.
Old 12-04-2023, 02:40 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Uhu

Originally Posted by Uhu
If I would configure my T again, these would be my options too...bar the exclusive taillights. Would have added the non silver PDLS and silver exhaust tips.
This car will be heavily modified and not look like a T. Exclusive lights will make sense when I reveal the car. I find the standard lights excellent and the car will rarely be driven at night anyway. Considering tinted PPF for the headlights. The sliver doesn't bother me on the black car and likely less on the white car. Tips will be silver but not big ovals. And yes, a properly configured T is a budget ST. If my black car had buckets, it would be 100% the black launch ST.

Originally Posted by Icegrill
what happened with Porsche ag offering you a gt3 allocation for your troubles?
I am first in line for an ST at my dealer. Mexico is expecting between 5 and 10 cars for the entire country. I've also been offered this second T and a new/used Dakar of which only 5 have been delivered so far in Mexico and less than a total of 10 are expected as well. That's what has come from it so far and I'm happy with it.
The following users liked this post:
Macboy (12-05-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 02:46 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Uhu

I hope that wall you’re hiding behind is strong enough to withstand brickbats!!
Old 12-04-2023, 02:49 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 490 Likes on 198 Posts

Function:
Manual
Buckets
90L tank
Bose

Form:
White
Leather
Leather steering column
Mamba Green stitching
Love this! I am considering something very similar as an option for my April build if no new colors become available. I'm OK with the standard tail lights on white, and I'll prob go with the base 4-way seats for more everyday usability versus the buckets.
Uhu (12-04-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

This car will be heavily modified and not look like a T. Exclusive lights will make sense when I reveal the car. I find the standard lights excellent and the car will rarely be driven at night anyway. Considering tinted PPF for the headlights. The sliver doesn't bother me on the black car and likely less on the white car. Tips will be silver but not big ovals. And yes, a properly configured T is a budget ST. If my black car had buckets, it would be 100% the black launch ST.

I am first in line for an ST at my dealer. Mexico is expecting between 5 and 10 cars for the entire country. I've also been offered this second T and a new/used Dakar of which only 5 have been delivered so far in Mexico and less than a total of 10 are expected as well. That's what has come from it so far and I'm happy with it.
I’m curious to know if Porsche Mexico will
allow S/T buyers to own their car from day one??
Old 12-04-2023, 02:53 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,392 Likes on 1,198 Posts

Function:
Manual
Buckets
90L tank
Bose

Form:
White
Leather
Leather steering column
Mamba Green stitching
Love this. Almost exactly what I would build if I were to do it again.
Wilder (12-04-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 02:57 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 6sigma
Love this! I am considering something very similar as an option for my April build if no new colors become available. I'm OK with the standard tail lights on white, and I'll prob go with the base 4-way seats for more everyday usability versus the buckets.
Thank you! Red lights look great. I have them on my current car. Only ordering because a new color will be introduced that will not combine well with red. Standard seats are also fantastic. I'm ordering buckets because I have a very specific idea in mind for this car. 4 ways are not only super comfortable, they also give you access to the rear which you lose with the buckets. For every day use and for a car use for trips, I would not option buckets.

Originally Posted by Barkat03
I’m curious to know if Porsche Mexico will
allow S/T buyers to own their car from day one??
Yes. The lease is only for the US and it's a PCNA initiative, not PAG IIRC.
Green_Tea (12-04-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club