Sponsored by:

After market exhaust for novices

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 03:55 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
^ If I'm correct, you use the OEM actuators and simply attach them to the Akrapovic exhaust in order to keep the ability to open and close the valves between Normal and Sport mode? In other words, that function is retained with the Akrapovic exhaust, right?
Yes your shop will just unmount your stock OEM Porsche motors/actuators from your PSE exhaust and mount them to the Arkapovic exhaust which has similar mounting brackets for them. Work based on ECU signal and Sport button (in PCM or physically to activate Sport and open valves. Otherwise full OEM functionality is retained albeit with a better sound. .
Originally Posted by inastrangeland
Correct. You use the stock actuators and bolt them to the Akrapovic. Works like the stock PSE setup.
Can also be used on cars without PSE exhausts as the car has valves in place yet does not have the physical SPORT EXHAUST button on the dash as those with PSE do or the electronic SPORT EXHAUST function activated in PCM. As I understand it this can be added by your local dealer via PWITS2 tester/machine to enable this function as it is omitted from the factory on non PSE cars and can be added at a cost and depending on dealer cooperation [have heard some will not do it]. Also non PSE cars have a different rear bumper valance/outlet and tips which need to be swapped out also between the PSE and Non-PSE rear ends. Doable....there are some posts already on the forum about these topics.
The following users liked this post:
Tupper (01-05-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 06:42 AM
KG-Virus
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

In my country, A modified exhaust is illegal. Period.
I'm jelous of people in here
Old 01-05-2021, 12:40 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 817 Posts

I've done a lot of inquiring, spoken to local shops. Still on the fence.

Akrapovic is top on my list, but damn! $4500 for the purchase, perhaps $200 or so for the install. I'm not convinced that the sound upgrade is all that dramatic, considering the $$ spent. YouTube just doesn't give it justice. I wish I knew somebody locally who's had this upgrade so I could hear it in person.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tupper:
mdrobc1213 (01-06-2021), NigelPlays (01-05-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 02:26 PM
aw305
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 39 Posts

I've done a lot of inquiring, spoken to local shops. Still on the fence.

Akrapovic is top on my list, but damn! $4500 for the purchase, perhaps $200 or so for the install. I'm not convinced that the sound upgrade is all that dramatic, considering the $$ spent. YouTube just doesn't give it justice. I wish I knew somebody locally who's had this upgrade so I could hear it in person.
I've got the Akra on my c7 vette and my X3M Comp and I can say it hurts the wallet, but the sound in person is amazing. Youtube videos do not do it any justice.
mdrobc1213 (01-06-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 02:32 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by aw305
I've got the Akra on my c7 vette and my X3M Comp and I can say it hurts the wallet, but the sound in person is amazing. Youtube videos do not do it any justice.
Albert? lol

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 01-05-2021, 02:53 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Every car is different, though.

Amazing how there are practically zero reviews of this product on the 992 Carrera, and very little marketing. Not sure, I guess that's how aftermarket car stuff works. They expect one to spend thousands of dollars on a gamble, it seems? Anyhow, I guess I just need to be patient and wait till I hear more....
Old 01-05-2021, 03:09 PM
aw305
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Albert? lol

-Josh
Yes lol, contemplating on pulling the trigger on 992 cs
Old 01-05-2021, 05:06 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Amazing how there are practically zero reviews of this product on the 992 Carrera, and very little marketing. Not sure, I guess that's how aftermarket car stuff works. They expect one to spend thousands of dollars on a gamble, it seems? Anyhow, I guess I just need to be patient and wait till I hear more....
Akrapovic sounds great on every car. I've had it on almost 6+ of my personal vehicles. But thats my personal opinion.

Akrapovic has a built up reputation so probably feel they don't need to market as much as other companies.

Yes lol, contemplating on pulling the trigger on 992 cs
haha small world, do it!

-Josh
Old 01-06-2021, 08:01 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

Yes I listened to a few and was close to a few for my 991.1 and ended up down to AWE (best for price), Cargraphic (better for moderate cost), and Akrapovic (one of the priciest but just the best sounding for the car). In the end on that car my son after listening to them all (video/internet) basically put is in simple terms...get the one that sounds the best that you like and enjoy the car for the longest period possible with it. His reasoning was if I settled due to price I would always comment on it and it would bother me so he said the car was enough of a move that it deserved the exhaust that I liked the best and that I felt made it sound the best to me and I'd enjoy the most. Yes it cost a grip...the NA 991.1's go for about $8k new but there are ways and deals to be had. Sent you a PM.

PS. You don't see as many internet samples and reviews due to 1) cost likely and 2) 992s are still pretty new man...not many folks have put exhausts on these and COVID19 may have depressed sales a bit as less folks were driving and spending on such purchases last summer. GL.
Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Akrapovic sounds great on every car. I've had it on almost 6+ of my personal vehicles. But thats my personal opinion.

Akrapovic has a built up reputation so probably feel they don't need to market as much as other companies.

haha small world, do it!

-Josh
I can only attest for my own experiences and now having Akrapovic cat back exhaust on both of my Carreras I can say they are the business. My 991.1 sounded great and my 992 while not as great due to the NA vs Turbo engine is still the business. It.a subjective opinion yes but one from someone who has lived with two Carreras now with this exhaust....the first one for 4 plus years! Just saying their have earned their somewhat costly reputation.
Meraki Autoworks (01-08-2021)
Old 01-08-2021, 12:47 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Has anybody tried or known anybody who has installed this:

https://www.bestexhaust.com.au/store...e-p-22110.html

Supersprint muffler delete. No reviews yet
Old 01-16-2021, 01:05 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,058 Likes on 533 Posts

I was curious about muffler delete as well. I like my PSE. But I would like it louder too. Has anyone done it???
Old 01-16-2021, 02:34 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
I was curious about muffler delete as well. I like my PSE. But I would like it louder too. Has anyone done it???
I think you should take the plunge on this and let us know

Seriously, though, high flow cats + muffler delete and you’ll be waking up the whole County

With muffler delete I would imagine that you are losing the valve apparatus, therefore your car only makes one sound at all times
Old 01-16-2021, 10:24 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,286 Likes on 648 Posts

This will be obnoxiously loud...TGEs brother (youtube) did this on his 991.2 Turbo S and it was insane.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:39 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,058 Likes on 533 Posts

I searched for a muffler delete 992 and came across this video. And its a doozie. Im not sure if him showing off his dirty *** shoes, or his feelings getting hurt when his buddy said "and its a base model" was my favorite part. LMFAO. I feel sorry for that kid. Who the **** cares about shoes and what model 911 it is. God peoples EGO's are just something else these days. Its sad.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:57 PM
ryanlsmith
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
I searched for a muffler delete 992 and came across this video. And its a doozie. Im not sure if him showing off his dirty *** shoes, or his feelings getting hurt when his buddy said "and its a base model" was my favorite part. LMFAO. I feel sorry for that kid. Who the **** cares about shoes and what model 911 it is. God peoples EGO's are just something else these days. Its sad.

https://youtu.be/H4gkb_ydEZY
I felt like that was a good comeback, though.

Quick Reply: After market exhaust for novices