Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator Screens

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 05:26 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 75 Posts

Outside of having the car at 70km/hr, is there another way to manually close the shutters on the front with the standard grill? Trying to figure out a way to put on a grill without needing to have it sit on the front of the grill, as I'm not a big fan of that look. Prefer it like the pic right above this post, on the inside.
Old 12-04-2023, 03:26 PM
scottmesenbrink
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
That video would have helped me out. Couldn't get the end tab back into the painted, slanted piece so I just snipped those tabs off. Stays in place with the 3 other connection points. Figure I can order new trim pieces if they come loose. So far, so good.
I can vouch for the difficulty in getting those end tabs back into painted bumper section. I’m struggling with it and considering your solution of just cutting them off.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:04 PM
Dave16
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 34 Posts

I found that inserting the end tab first and then bending the middle part to insert the straight end, while ensuring the three lower clips were going around and under the main support, worked best for me. The plastic of the cover piece is very soft and malleable.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:15 PM
scottmesenbrink
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dave16
I found that inserting the end tab first and then bending the middle part to insert the straight end, while ensuring the three lower clips were going around and under the main support, worked best for me. The plastic of the cover piece is very soft and malleable.
If im reading you right, you were able to remove the trim piece in order to insert that tab first. My trim piece seems to be stuck behind the end bumper trim piece. I was afraid to fully remove it despite getting it loose from the inside painted trim piece. Maybe I need to work it a bit more to get it totally removed? I appreciate your response. I’m scared to damage my new car!
Old 12-04-2023, 06:17 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by scottmesenbrink
If im reading you right, you were able to remove the trim piece in order to insert that tab first. My trim piece seems to be stuck behind the end bumper trim piece. I was afraid to fully remove it despite getting it loose from the inside painted trim piece. Maybe I need to work it a bit more to get it totally removed? I appreciate your response. I’m scared to damage my new car!
I had the same issue with my 991.1 so I feel you. Ended up damaging my trim piece and then could not reattach it. Then had to buy new trim. Went back to Zunsports though cost more. Overall quality of Zunsport is better with best fitment of everything available. My two cents. Your opinion may differ.
Old 12-04-2023, 08:52 PM
scottmesenbrink
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fullyield
I had the same issue with my 991.1 so I feel you. Ended up damaging my trim piece and then could not reattach it. Then had to buy new trim. Went back to Zunsports though cost more. Overall quality of Zunsport is better with best fitment of everything available. My two cents. Your opinion may differ.
I was able to get the trim end to fit back in the painted bumper piece. I had bent the tab on one of the corners and carefully trimmed it and it popped right back into place. I found the RGS fitment to be great and other than that one problem it was an easy installation. It took viewing their video tutorial multiple times to make sure I understood the process as I was going through it but the grills look great, fit tight and once you get the hang of it, easy to install. I can see where it could get off track but my experience was good.

Last edited by scottmesenbrink; 12-05-2023 at 04:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RGS (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 04:47 PM
J Irwan
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by scottmesenbrink
I was able to get the trim end to fit back in the painted bumper piece. I had bent the tab on one of the corners and carefully trimmed it and it popped right back into place. I found the RGS fitment to be great and other than that one problem it was an easy installation. It took viewing their video tutorial multiple times to make sure I understood the process as I was going through it but the grills look great, fit tight and once you get the hang of it, easy to install. I can see where it could get off track but my experience was good.

For those with RGS grill, how does the grill rest on the outer side ? I am wondering if 3 zip tie spot in the center of the grill will not cause the sides flapping around in the highway.

Old 04-29-2024, 05:27 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 356 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by J Irwan
For those with RGS grill, how does the grill rest on the outer side ? I am wondering if 3 zip tie spot in the center of the grill will not cause the sides flapping around in the highway.

The fit is tight at 145mph to hold in small pieces of straw. Also it’s help along the entire bottom edge by the ducting.

https://www.radiatorgrillstore.com/p...diator-grilles

RGS
- Radiator Grille Store

OEM Look, Economical Protection
www.radiatorgrillestore.com

Quick Reply: Radiator Screens