Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those with a car on order, what kind of coms have you gotten from your dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 04:43 PM
Paul018
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Metablond,

Thanks for responding. Is it that obvious as to whom I am dealing with ? I just PM someone on the board whose car was on the same ship as mine . It arrived on 3/30 in RI and his CT dealer had no problem getting his car to him which pisses me off even further. According to him Porsche has authorized home delivery. I am assuming this dealership was contaminated cause they shut down including service really quickly. Without the service dept open I doubt there is a chance of getting this car. I can’t wait another month or beyond
Old 04-11-2020, 05:46 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul018
Hinckley,
Thanks for the response. I am going to give it another week and see what happens. It’s is frustrating and shouldn’t be bitching cause there
are a lot of people in worse situations. I really can’t wait another month or more for the car. I’m thinking if I do cancel I may get a better deal off the lot later in the year. In the meantime I will be buying a second car which I did not plan on buying until Nov.
I see from your later post that you're in CT. I'm positive CT has very friendly consumer laws (like Mass, which I'm most familiar with). If you can find someone to communicate with at the dealer or Porsche NA, maybe you can stoke some action by threatening to cancel. You should not have to buy an interim car because of this. Again, best of luck.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:06 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Hinckley,
Thanks for the response. I am going to give it another week and see what happens. It’s is frustrating and shouldn’t be bitching cause there
are a lot of people in worse situations. I really can’t wait another month or more for the car. I’m thinking if I do cancel I may get a better deal off the lot later in the year. In the meantime I will be buying a second car which I did not plan on buying until Nov.

I contacted Customer Service and heard back two hours later. They will take care of this - just do that.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:03 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy

I contacted Customer Service and heard back two hours later. They will take care of this - just do that.
Porsche Customer Service should be made aware of how this dealership is (not) handling this. I'd hate to have my company represented by a dealership that can't be bothered contacting their customers.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:24 PM
jkwb
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

Metablond,

Thanks for responding. Is it that obvious as to whom I am dealing with ? I just PM someone on the board whose car was on the same ship as mine . It arrived on 3/30 in RI and his CT dealer had no problem getting his car to him which pisses me off even further. According to him Porsche has authorized home delivery. I am assuming this dealership was contaminated cause they shut down including service really quickly. Without the service dept open I doubt there is a chance of getting this car. I can’t wait another month or beyond
Not sure exactly what dealer you are working with, but I assume based on your dates your car was on the Swift Ace. Mine was as well and arrived at my dealership on Tuesday, exactly one week after the boat arrived in RI. I took delivery of it on Thursday. This should all be able to happen still. It was a delivery outside the dealership and a little wacky (but understandable with everything going on). Good luck.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:25 PM
doug992
Racer

Received 209 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by jkwb
Not sure exactly what dealer you are working with, but I assume based on your dates your car was on the Swift Ace. Mine was as well and arrived at my dealership on Tuesday, exactly one week after the boat arrived in RI. I took delivery of it on Thursday. This should all be able to happen still. It was a delivery outside the dealership and a little wacky (but understandable with everything going on). Good luck.
no he was on Bishu Highway with me
Old 04-11-2020, 09:33 PM
rangerfan94
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 88 Posts

I too am in CT. I'd like to know the dealer are working with--PM me please. My car got off the boat in RI on Thursday. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-11-2020, 09:35 PM
doug992
Racer

Originally Posted by rangerfan94
I too am in CT. I'd like to know the dealer are working with--PM me please. My car got off the boat in RI on Thursday. Thanks in advance!
his dealer isn't in CT
Old 04-11-2020, 09:36 PM
doug992
Racer

based on posts here looks like Fairfield and Wallingford dealers are still taking necessary safe steps to ensure customers gets their cars .. so if you have a car with any of those dealers its looking good for you so far
Old 04-11-2020, 09:41 PM
jkwb
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by doug992
no he was on Bishu Highway with me
Oh, he stated his car arrived in RI on 3/30, I assumed he meant the port and that's when the Swift Ace arrived at the Davisville port. If there is an especially bad dealer in CT, it would be good to know so I never end up there moving forward. Wallingford has been good to deal with for both my 911 and my RS5
Old 04-11-2020, 09:57 PM
rangerfan94
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by doug992
his dealer isn't in CT
noted... ty
Old 04-11-2020, 10:14 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 297 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by jkwb
Hey @jkwb. So our cars were on the same boat and it's good to know that yours reached the dealer one week after reaching the RI port. Based on your timing I'm estimating I should be expecting to take delivery in a week. Mine had to detour to Atlanta (due to ED and then later on PEC Atlanta cancellations) and completed Jacksonville port processing on 4/6. It's probably now being transported back to my dealer in NJ.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:02 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Received 312 Likes on 164 Posts

Spoke to a sales manager today, he responded immediately when I called the dealership.

He told me my car is only delayed 1 month (from late July/early Aug to late Aug.early Sep) and Porsche is confident of that timing (as of right now). He said they intend to pump out as many of these ordered cars as quickly as possible. He also confirmed they have more inventory than ever and are cutting deals on lot cars. I'd consider going for a lot car except my build is apparently very rare, they're making less 992 C4s than a typical year of GT3s, and I specifically don't want to move up to a 4S. My discount is 5% so I would start at 7% off for a lot car and aim for 10%.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:57 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 784 Posts

Comment deleted...

Last edited by gcurnew; 04-13-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:22 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by GratedWasabi
Spoke to a sales manager today, he responded immediately when I called the dealership.

He told me my car is only delayed 1 month (from late July/early Aug to late Aug.early Sep) and Porsche is confident of that timing (as of right now). He said they intend to pump out as many of these ordered cars as quickly as possible. He also confirmed they have more inventory than ever and are cutting deals on lot cars. I'd consider going for a lot car except my build is apparently very rare, they're making less 992 C4s than a typical year of GT3s, and I specifically don't want to move up to a 4S. My discount is 5% so I would start at 7% off for a lot car and aim for 10%.
Why would you specifically not want a 4S if you could get one priced down on the lot? When I bought my first 911 (991.2) I originally was set on ordering a C4--but decided to try a new C4S that had just come into the dealership. Believe me, I didn't look back after I drove it--it was love at first drive (and I got a great discount on it too since it was on the lot)! Unless you like the exclusivity of a unicorn C4 - it may not be bad to at least check out a 4S if the price is right. You can always say no but you won't know until you try. I'm not saying the C4 isn't worth waiting for, but during these times checking out options may not be a bad thing. BTW...my dealer is saying the same thing. About a one month delay on my car.

Last edited by Metalblond; 04-13-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Quick Reply: For those with a car on order, what kind of coms have you gotten from your dealer?