Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those with a car on order, what kind of coms have you gotten from your dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2020 | 10:16 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

When I login to the Porsche website I am able to “track my dream”. Originally when I placed my order (3/4) using one of the dealer’s build slots, I had a lock date of 5/1, and a dealer inventory (close to delivery) date of 7/24. A week or so ago the delivery date had been pushed back to 8/7 or so. I just checked today and it’s showing 9/11. Which would be a great day to get it :-)
The following users liked this post:
Agave (04-10-2020)
Old 04-10-2020 | 07:33 AM
doug992
Racer

Originally Posted by jkwb
My SA was furloughed but has still been in touch and has responded to any email I have sent within 2 hours usually. He told me when the boat was leaving, when it should be in port and emailed me this morning to let me know it arrived at the dealership this morning. My trade value was agreed to without them even seeing my car (just on my word and the Monroney sticker I sent them) , they looked at it today and made no attempt to discount me. I think there are still good people out there.
Congrats .. i see it was a week like mine took
Old 04-10-2020 | 08:41 AM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by markchristenson
When I login to the Porsche website I am able to “track my dream”. Originally when I placed my order (3/4) using one of the dealer’s build slots, I had a lock date of 5/1, and a dealer inventory (close to delivery) date of 7/24. A week or so ago the delivery date had been pushed back to 8/7 or so. I just checked today and it’s showing 9/11. Which would be a great day to get it :-)
Just wondering- Is your car in V200 status? Thanks.
Old 04-10-2020 | 11:02 AM
Drizz
Racer

similar here. Places my order on 2/24, had push outs and now showing 9/11 delivery as well. I’m in SoCal (OC). I’m in V200 status.
Old 04-10-2020 | 11:27 AM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Mine was supposed to be built today (4/10) and finished 4/17 so I'm hoping it will only be pushed a month out (mid-late July) but I will check on Monday and see if I can get a real update.
Old 04-10-2020 | 01:06 PM
jkwb
Instructor

Originally Posted by doug992
Congrats .. i see it was a week like mine took
Thanks, yes it was exactly one week from when the ship hit RI to dealership arrival.
The following users liked this post:
doug992 (04-10-2020)
Old 04-10-2020 | 01:11 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Metalblond
Just wondering- Is your car in V200 status? Thanks.
Yes, I’m at v200. I’m waiting for the lock date and being moved to v250 :-)
Old 04-10-2020 | 02:12 PM
C6Z06to911992
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Metalblond
I'm really glad to hear that it sounds like it's going to work out for you. Do you have to do a new build for the 21 (in case there are different options)?
I’ll likely stay with my current build, but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what may be added to the 21 configurator. I recently added RAS and PDCC along with a couple other options, as time progresses my build is getting more expensive...therein lies the dilemma of waiting for a 21.
Old 04-10-2020 | 04:46 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Yes, I’m at v200. I’m waiting for the lock date and being moved to v250 :-)
I'm waiting right there at V200 with you- although I heard they are estimating delivery on my C4S late July or August (although I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is September) . My dealership is pretty close to RI so I'm hoping it is sooner...but I guess we all are.
Old 04-10-2020 | 05:54 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by C6Z06to911992
I’ll likely stay with my current build, but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what may be added to the 21 configurator. I recently added RAS and PDCC along with a couple other options, as time progresses my build is getting more expensive...therein lies the dilemma of waiting for a 21.
I did the RAS on my build (I had it on my 991.2--LOVED it!)- and I'm also trying out the PDCC on the 992 C4S I ordered (I didn't have it on my other 911 but I'm only hearing great things about it). I've only done one color change since placing my order and I'm trying to lock it in my mind (since it hasn't officially locked because of the shutdown)- because the dilemma of waiting and looking on Rennlist can definitely take an expensive build to start into a really expensive build in no time.
Old 04-11-2020 | 01:20 PM
Paul018
Advanced

I’m in a similar situation. I did a build in January and when last check the ship with my car was suppose to dock in RI the last week of March. Without a phone call or email the dealership shut down prior to this and donot plan on opening until after May 4. In my opinion I don’t see anything opening til June. They do not answer phone or emails. My lease is up next week on my current car and cannot be without a car. So I’m wondering where is the car ? Is it sitting at the dealership or somewhere on the docks in RI.?
This is really **** poor customer service from the dealership. I am seriously thinking of canceling and do battle with them over the 14k
deposit.
Old 04-11-2020 | 02:08 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Paul018
I am seriously thinking of canceling and do battle with them over the 14k deposit.
I know that a few members have talked about losing their deposits, but before that happens, make sure you understand the consumer protection laws in your state. In many (maybe most) states, non-refundable car deposits are illegal. In those states, you have the right to cancel your order (regardless of whether it was a custom order) at any time before you take delivery. I know this for a fact. I've also had dealers threaten to withhold a deposit when I cancelled. It never worked.
Old 04-11-2020 | 02:25 PM
Paul018
Advanced

Hinckley,
Thanks for the response. I am going to give it another week and see what happens. It’s is frustrating and shouldn’t be bitching cause there
are a lot of people in worse situations. I really can’t wait another month or more for the car. I’m thinking if I do cancel I may get a better deal off the lot later in the year. In the meantime I will be buying a second car which I did not plan on buying until Nov.
Old 04-11-2020 | 03:16 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

I’m in a similar situation. I did a build in January and when last check the ship with my car was suppose to dock in RI the last week of March. Without a phone call or email the dealership shut down prior to this and donot plan on opening until after May 4. In my opinion I don’t see anything opening til June. They do not answer phone or emails. My lease is up next week on my current car and cannot be without a car. So I’m wondering where is the car ? Is it sitting at the dealership or somewhere on the docks in RI.?
This is really **** poor customer service from the dealership. I am seriously thinking of canceling and do battle with them over the 14k
deposit.
the service department should be open (quarantine orders vary wildly) so you ought to be able to get a hold of someone. If you can’t it’s probably because they’ve all been laid off. You might try negotiating for a loaner until they can deliver. Explain you need the car and you’ve given them a 14K deposit so the loaner shouldn’t be a big deal.

you can certainly cancel, but with factory shut down it’ll likely be a while before you get another build slot. Also, I’m not sure how that helps you get a car sooner. There may be some dealers doing delivery at home in your area (there are here).
Old 04-11-2020 | 03:54 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Hinckley,
Thanks for the response. I am going to give it another week and see what happens. It’s is frustrating and shouldn’t be bitching cause there
are a lot of people in worse situations. I really can’t wait another month or more for the car. I’m thinking if I do cancel I may get a better deal off the lot later in the year. In the meantime I will be buying a second car which I did not plan on buying until Nov.
I, unfortunately, think I know who your dealer is (**** poor communication is an understatement).. Did you try contacting Porsche North America and seeing if they have any information for you? I've seen others on here write to them and also to Porsche in Germany and get answers. If you are dealing with who I think you are dealing with, you will not hear anything until they re-open at best since their service department is closed down as well.

Quick Reply: For those with a car on order, what kind of coms have you gotten from your dealer?