Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those with a car on order, what kind of coms have you gotten from your dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 01:09 PM
C6Z06to911992
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Drizz
are you saying yours wouldn’t build till July or August, or be delivered by then? I had the same question to my SA and they seem to have no idea when they would switch from 20 to 21 models. My order has already been pushed back two months, with my scheduled date of production now June 19th. If this pushes any further I would imagine I will be butting up into 21 production territory
Taking into account the production shutdown, I’ve been provided with a best case scenario/guess of July to end of August for delivery, my build was originally slated for end of May. My SA stressed they have nothing concrete, and I’ll be provided with a more accurate update by weeks end.

I’m (as I mentioned above) fine with a 21 even with the certain price increase associated with the new model year. I was told they can build a 21 even though we still have the 20 configurator only on the US site. I’ll pass along any information I receive.
The following users liked this post:
Metalblond (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 01:09 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by COLT601
They've got 15k of mine
Why did you put down a 15K deposit? I've never heard of that.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:12 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by rangerfan94
My dealer has laid off all sales people--the GM is running everything, and no so well from my point of view. Apparently my trade value is down 20% while the value of the car I ordered (and that should be at the dealer next week) is still the same as the date of order. I wasn't a math major, but something there seems a bit off.
They aren't honoring your trade in value?

That's BS. If they drop your trade in value, they should correspondingly drop the price on the new car.

FWIW, my dealer has committed to the quoted trade in value they gave me 3 months ago.
detansinn (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 01:56 PM
Drizz
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Z06to911992
Taking into account the production shutdown, I’ve been provided with a best case scenario/guess of July to end of August for delivery, my build was originally slated for end of May. My SA stressed they have nothing concrete, and I’ll be provided with a more accurate update by weeks end.

I’m (as I mentioned above) fine with a 21 even with the certain price increase associated with the new model year. I was told they can build a 21 even though we still have the 20 configurator only on the US site. I’ll pass along any information I receive.
interesting. I would rather have a 21 as I'll be purchasing and it's better for resale value to have a newer model year than to have the last car off the line in a prior model year. I typically don't keep my cars more than 2-3 years, so an extra model year would be nice!
Old 04-07-2020, 03:57 PM
COLT601
Instructor

Received 277 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
Why did you put down a 15K deposit? I've never heard of that.
I live in Alaska and the dealer is in the lower 48. I called them blindly, told them my build code and said give me 7% under and you got the order. They agreed but still thought I was wasting their time or fake. So I guess that is why such a high depost.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:04 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 764 Likes on 557 Posts

an email when the car hit port was all I got.....and the car would be here soon......
Old 04-07-2020, 05:36 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

I live in Alaska and the dealer is in the lower 48. I called them blindly, told them my build code and said give me 7% under and you got the order. They agreed but still thought I was wasting their time or fake. So I guess that is why such a high depost.
That makes more sense. Hope it works out for you.
Just curious. What's it like driving a Porsche in Alaska? Does more space translate into more open roads and an improved driving experience? Or are the police just as vigilant as anywhere else?
Old 04-07-2020, 06:23 PM
COLT601
Instructor

Received 277 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
That makes more sense. Hope it works out for you.
Just curious. What's it like driving a Porsche in Alaska? Does more space translate into more open roads and an improved driving experience? Or are the police just as vigilant as anywhere else?
Mostly depends on the area you drive frequently. There are some amazing roads with little enforcement and others that are littered with police radar or laser guns. But it will definitely a car I only drive 3-4 months of the year. Doing an Atlanta delivery and was hoping to drive it back to AK this summer.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:48 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

But it will definitely a car I only drive 3-4 months of the year. Doing an Atlanta delivery and was hoping to drive it back to AK this summer.
Wow, your season's that short? That'll be a hell of a road trip. Document it well. Post lots of pics.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:03 PM
jkwb
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

My SA was furloughed but has still been in touch and has responded to any email I have sent within 2 hours usually. He told me when the boat was leaving, when it should be in port and emailed me this morning to let me know it arrived at the dealership this morning. My trade value was agreed to without them even seeing my car (just on my word and the Monroney sticker I sent them) , they looked at it today and made no attempt to discount me. I think there are still good people out there.

The following 5 users liked this post by jkwb:
detansinn (04-07-2020), hinckley (04-09-2020), Metalblond (04-07-2020), rangerfan94 (04-08-2020), SantaFePorsche (04-08-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 09:20 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Z06to911992

I also have a great SA and he has provided me with updates that sound very much like yours (my delivery is most likely going to be the same time-- their guessing late July or August). Having a great SA and working with a good dealership makes all the difference in the world here. I didn't ask about the 2021 model year change- but I'm guessing the entire auto industry may be delaying model years if they are still trying to get together their orders built from 2020 before shutdowns. I guess we will find out. If I hear anything as well I'll also pass along.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:22 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by jkwb
My SA was furloughed but has still been in touch and has responded to any email I have sent within 2 hours usually. He told me when the boat was leaving, when it should be in port and emailed me this morning to let me know it arrived at the dealership this morning. My trade value was agreed to without them even seeing my car (just on my word and the Monroney sticker I sent them) , they looked at it today and made no attempt to discount me. I think there are still good people out there.
Congratulations!!! A manual too--awesome!!
Old 04-07-2020, 10:35 PM
C6Z06to911992
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Drizz
interesting. I would rather have a 21 as I'll be purchasing and it's better for resale value to have a newer model year than to have the last car off the line in a prior model year. I typically don't keep my cars more than 2-3 years, so an extra model year would be nice!
Originally Posted by Metalblond
I also have a great SA and he has provided me with updates that sound very much like yours (my delivery is most likely going to be the same time-- their guessing late July or August). Having a great SA and working with a good dealership makes all the difference in the world here. I didn't ask about the 2021 model year change- but I'm guessing the entire auto industry may be delaying model years if they are still trying to get together their orders built from 2020 before shutdowns. I guess we will find out. If I hear anything as well I'll also pass along.
I received an email this afternoon stating that best guess is still late July/mid August for my 20, or they’ll carry my build over to a 21 with a December(ish) delivery.

I believe I’ll go with a 21 rather than an end of model run 20, they may even have a few of the quirks worked out, as well as some minor option additions, don’t know...but I’m pretty sure I’ll wait for the 21.
Drizz (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:10 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Pretty sure my SA has been laid off :-(
Old 04-08-2020, 01:40 AM
Trackmunkey
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

My SA has been laid off. Feel bad for him.

My build locks this month but I doubt it will get built next month.

Quick Reply: For those with a car on order, what kind of coms have you gotten from your dealer?