Sponsored by:

Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 11:33 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by pet2065
Aventurine Green does depend on the lighting.....sunny, cloudy, florescent lighting, LED lighting. The look is constantly changing.

I just had a local long-time "smug" senior PCA member here at a HPDE orientation say the whole car was atrocious. LOL....little does he know his Opinion doesn't mean a f**king thing to me!
RE: “ The whole car was atrocious”.

May I offer up my clinical opinion: The man is delusional.

Was he referring to the exterior/interior coloring, and/or the design and engineering changes to the car? What does he drive?

PS - Given my age and state in life, the only colors I am put off by are: lime green, yellow and red (shouts mid-life crisis, IMO...maybe if I was 20 years younger); interior color: Bordeaux red (again, want to try and avoid the mid-life crisis persona). But even these colors i would not characterize as “atrocious”. Simply not my cup of tea. I prefer to remain a bit under-stated, as reflected in my color choices, blacking out the red calipers and de-badging the 911 Carrera S on the rear.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 01-21-2021 at 11:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BOSSOB (02-18-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 11:42 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by pet2065
Aventurine Green does depend on the lighting.....sunny, cloudy, florescent lighting, LED lighting. The look is constantly changing.

I just had a local long-time "smug" senior PCA member here at a HPDE orientation say the whole car was atrocious. LOL....little does he know his Opinion doesn't mean a f**king thing to me!
What!?! Boorish! This is so tastefully done and obviously a sorted design. Congrats.
drcarver (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 11:53 AM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 791 Likes on 447 Posts

The following 9 users liked this post by Master Deep:
Aaron Lin (03-27-2022), Dan Nagy (01-21-2021), drcarver (01-21-2021), dribar (01-28-2021), GT3FZS (02-10-2022), Patriot (01-23-2021), Raybold7 (04-28-2021), Skarz (01-21-2021), Vintage72 (01-22-2021) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-21-2021, 08:43 PM
pet2065
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Was he referring to the exterior/interior coloring?
A bystander in a group I was talking too asked the very same question in surprise......the man's reply: "Both!"

I just looked at him and laughed. He runs a local Porsche repair shop and thinks his s**t doesn't stink. I guess he will not get my business in the future.....or anyone else that I talk to when the matter happens to come up. Karma's a bitch! :-)

Happy configuring Rennlisters!
Master Deep (01-21-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 08:16 PM
Blackfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi,

First, thank you for everyone posting their Aventurine Green pictures here, they are helpful!

My build is about 1-2 weeks away before it's locked.
Rather than creating new thread, let me solicit feedbacks here.
Obviously, it means Aventurine Green exterior color is locked, .

Here is the build: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PMH1H837

I look at 911 50th anniversary and older cars for inspiration so it has silvers, .

1. I am debating between Sport-tex vs. Black-iceland green interior.
Sport-tex is likely comfier and close to the pepita pattern.
Black-iceland green is probably look more luxurious rather than classic?
Currently, my M3 F80 interior is black-cloth seat, so a change to something else would be nice.

2. If I go with sport-tex, I am going to add silver trim to add a little bit of contrast. The choice becomes either interior trim light silver vs. Paldao Wood.
I like how the standard trim matches the knurling on the buttons. On the other hand, wood screams classic, .

3. Let me know if you have other feedbacks about the build.

Thank you.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:41 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Blackfield
Hi,

First, thank you for everyone posting their Aventurine Green pictures here, they are helpful!

My build is about 1-2 weeks away before it's locked.
Rather than creating new thread, let me solicit feedbacks here.
Obviously, it means Aventurine Green exterior color is locked, .

Here is the build: https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PMH1H837

I look at 911 50th anniversary and older cars for inspiration so it has silvers, .

1. I am debating between Sport-tex vs. Black-iceland green interior.
Sport-tex is likely comfier and close to the pepita pattern.
Black-iceland green is probably look more luxurious rather than classic?
Currently, my M3 F80 interior is black-cloth seat, so a change to something else would be nice.

2. If I go with sport-tex, I am going to add silver trim to add a little bit of contrast. The choice becomes either interior trim light silver vs. Paldao Wood.
I like how the standard trim matches the knurling on the buttons. On the other hand, wood screams classic, .

3. Let me know if you have other feedbacks about the build.

Thank you.
(1) I opted for the Black/Iceland Green interior, with vented seats (for me, a must have). A few weeks ago, I chose all black with chalk stitching...but wife made a very good point...I have a M4 with black/light tan interior, and have loved it for the past 4 years. I have never tired of the look. So, why change something I know I like? So, I chose a similar interior look for the 992. IMO, the interior looks rich and something I won’t tire of.

(2) Up until two days ago, I had chosen the wood inlay option...but then I saw a car at my dealership with this option, and the wood is considerably lighter shade than what you see on the Porsche build/simulator. I feel the lighter wood component doesn’t blend with either the black dash or the center consul...and i don’t want to introduce a third color shade into the black/Iceland green package. So, I have chosen the carbon fiber inlay option, with silver trim. The carbon fiber inlay is quite a bit darker (charcoal in color) than the standard trim...and matches the black elements in the car.

(3) I deleted the carerra911 S badge on the rear and blacked out the red calipers (IMO, the red clashes with the Aventurine Green), Painted the black 9-9 slats in the Aventurine green.

(4) Added the side skirts.

(5) Added silver window trim.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 01-27-2021 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:03 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Here is what the Iceland Green leather and wood trim looks like on an actual 992. Also, notice the contrast shade difference between a white coffee cup and the Iceland Green seats (which are more cream in coloring). The Iceland Green is not as white/stark as say, Chalk. I think the wood looks nice, but prefer the darker trim of the Carbon Fiber inlay (charcol in color).

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 01-27-2021 at 09:07 PM.
BOSSOB (02-18-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 09:19 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Pics of my car below. I did Sport Tex and covered the seat backs in leather as well. You must order Sport Seats Plus and the backs are silver plastic - probably not that noticeable but it would have bothered me. I added carbon fiber to the trim, steering wheel, and lighted door sills, then ordered some after market parts from DB Carbon (perfect fit) for the center console. The CF matches the pattern of the seat fabric. Sport Tex is super grippy and seems like the seats have more cushion to them. Seat ventilation is not possible. So this was an expensive option for me with the Sport Tex, 18-ways, leather seat backs, but you could do it with the four-ways and silver seat backs. For me, I would order them again.

I did other options, too, like Bose and some other stuff like a fire extinguisher. It tucks under the passenger seat when the thigh extension is out, which is always, so it's just there in case.

On the exterior, I added the painted slats on the engine cover and as you can see from the pics, it's barely noticeable. I also deleted the badging on the back, and wish that I had blacked out the red brake calipers (way too distracting). I also added the clear markers (after market) on the exterior. I did PPF and Modesta (and on the rims) at delivery. This is the first time that I did Modesta and it was worth it to me, especially on the rims. I did the Matrix headlamps as I like how they fill out the lamp housing, but also enjoy seeing them light up and they have a cool way of turning off as well. They have no additional functionality. My Sport Classic rims have a gray paint tone that goes well with the AG.

Have fun on the configurator. I must have done a few hundred configurations until I settled on my build. One thing that was not available when I built mine was the larger fuel tank, and for the cost, why not.

The following 3 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
Gjr Cars (07-30-2021), pet2065 (01-29-2021), smiles11 (01-27-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 10:56 AM
Blackfield
Advanced

(1) I opted for the Black/Iceland Green interior, with vented seats (for me, a must have). A few weeks ago, I chose all black with chalk stitching...but wife made a very good point...I have a M4 with black/light tan interior, and have loved it for the past 4 years. I have never tired of the look. So, why change something I know I like? So, I chose a similar interior look for the 992. IMO, the interior looks rich and something I won’t tire of.

(2) Up until two days ago, I had chosen the wood inlay option...but then I saw a car at my dealership with this option, and the wood is considerably lighter shade than what you see on the Porsche build/simulator. I feel the lighter wood component doesn’t blend with either the black dash or the center consul...and i don’t want to introduce a third color shade into the black/Iceland green package. So, I have chosen the carbon fiber inlay option, with silver trim. The carbon fiber inlay is quite a bit darker (charcoal in color) than the standard trim...and matches the black elements in the car.

(3) I deleted the carerra911 S badge on the rear and blacked out the red calipers (IMO, the red clashes with the Aventurine Green), Painted the black 9-9 slats in the Aventurine green.

(4) Added the side skirts.

(5) Added silver window trim.
Thanks CodyBigdog, especially your feedback in regards to the Paldao trim. I definitely prefer the woods to be darker shade.
For me the consideration to choose Black-Iceland Green is also with the options that I have chosen thus far, it's $890 to tick Premium Package and get PDLS, Ambient Lighting and Ventilated Seat.

This video is the best video that I found showing Black-Iceland Green interior in a coupe (instead of in cab under bright neon lights). Skip to around 9:30 min mark.

My build is C2 so the caliper is already black, .

Which wheel do you plan to go with? Care to share your build code?
Old 01-28-2021, 11:10 AM
Blackfield
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Pics of my car below. I did Sport Tex and covered the seat backs in leather as well. You must order Sport Seats Plus and the backs are silver plastic - probably not that noticeable but it would have bothered me. I added carbon fiber to the trim, steering wheel, and lighted door sills, then ordered some after market parts from DB Carbon (perfect fit) for the center console. The CF matches the pattern of the seat fabric. Sport Tex is super grippy and seems like the seats have more cushion to them. Seat ventilation is not possible. So this was an expensive option for me with the Sport Tex, 18-ways, leather seat backs, but you could do it with the four-ways and silver seat backs. For me, I would order them again.

I did other options, too, like Bose and some other stuff like a fire extinguisher. It tucks under the passenger seat when the thigh extension is out, which is always, so it's just there in case.

On the exterior, I added the painted slats on the engine cover and as you can see from the pics, it's barely noticeable. I also deleted the badging on the back, and wish that I had blacked out the red brake calipers (way too distracting). I also added the clear markers (after market) on the exterior. I did PPF and Modesta (and on the rims) at delivery. This is the first time that I did Modesta and it was worth it to me, especially on the rims. I did the Matrix headlamps as I like how they fill out the lamp housing, but also enjoy seeing them light up and they have a cool way of turning off as well. They have no additional functionality. My Sport Classic rims have a gray paint tone that goes well with the AG.

Have fun on the configurator. I must have done a few hundred configurations until I settled on my build. One thing that was not available when I built mine was the larger fuel tank, and for the cost, why not.
Hi Dan Nagy, yes, your car is stunning!
I have seen the pics before and one of my reference pics for the Sport-tex!

I don't think I will miss not having Seat Ventilation even though I live in TX. The AC is so close to the driver and the cabin is small.

For the model badge, I plan to choose 911 for now. If I don't like it, it's easy to de-badge it latter.

Yes, I am pretty much glued to configurator in the past 2 months and can't wait until the build is locked. Although, I am sure I will still play around with it until the car is delivered, .

For the exterior color, I went from Chalk->GT Silver->Aventurine Green. Of course, every color warrants different exterior options considerations.
I had Classic wheels for a long time on my build, only recently changed it to Exclusive Design to get closer to Fuch design wheel.

The only decision left on the wheel is going with painted Satin (apparently the silver is not polished but will match the base mirror and the diffusor, etc - probably harder to clean) or High gloss black (the polished wheel matches the silver trim, perhaps easier to clean to Satin).
Old 01-28-2021, 11:24 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Thanks CodyBigdog, especially your feedback in regards to the Paldao trim. I definitely prefer the woods to be darker shade.
For me the consideration to choose Black-Iceland Green is also with the options that I have chosen thus far, it's $890 to tick Premium Package and get PDLS, Ambient Lighting and Ventilated Seat.

This video is the best video that I found showing Black-Iceland Green interior in a coupe (instead of in cab under bright neon lights). Skip to around 9:30 min mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI0_...RMANTELEVISION

My build is C2 so the caliper is already black, .

Which wheel do you plan to go with? Care to share your build code?
Thanks for the video. I speak a bit of German (my grandfather was German), but they were speaking too fast for me to follow...then I realized the vid had English subtitle. Stupid me.

Here is my build code: PMU6P4A3. I have another week before I officially lock, so still doing some minor tweaking of the build. But this is basically what I will be getting. I am going with the Carrera Classic wheels because I didn’t want to pay an extra $1,200 (or whatever it is) for the “exclusive design”...and, I think the two-tone of the Carrera Classic wheel is a better visual fit for the Aventurine Green, with the silver window trim...ie, the silver window trim helps to highlight the silver in the Carrera classic wheels. Once the car arrives, I will have the front wrapped, and will tint @30-35%, back and side windows. I have that tinting on my M4 and I like the looks, from both the inside and out. I don’t want it too dark to be illegal or draw the attention of police, but I do like how the tinting helps bring one’s focus on the exterior of the car (rather than seeing into the car), when viewing from the outside.

if you look at my build, I opted for pretty much all the safety features, front axle lift and rear wheel steering. The safety features were requirements from my wife. I also got the metal sunroof, as I have never had a car without a sunroof. I went with the metal sunroof primarily because I like the way it looks. Had this been a black exterior, I might have gone with the glass...but I wanted the same color, Aventurine Green, to run the entire length of the roof, and not have a black piece of glass in the middle of the roof. Visually, I think the metal sun roof looks better...also, I always either tilt the sunroof, or have it open...so having glass buys me nothing.

Finally, I think the Iceland Green seats/interior is very complementary to the Aventurine Green. I also considered the all black with chalk stitching, but I honestly believe I would tire of that homogeneous look in time. Everybody that gets in my M4 comments how “luxurious” the interior looks with the two-tone. Oh, and I enjoy detailing my leather, so keeping it clean is of zero concern for me. I think if I wanted a hands off car, from a cleaning point off view, I would either have a white or silver exterior and black interior.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 01-28-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:22 PM
Blackfield
Advanced

Thanks for the video. I speak a bit of German (my grandfather was German), but they were speaking too fast for me to follow...then I realized the vid had English subtitle. Stupid me.

Here is my build code: PMU6P4A3. I have another week before I officially lock, so still doing some minor tweaking of the build. But this is basically what I will be getting. I am going with the Carrera Classic wheels because I didn’t want to pay an extra $1,200 (or whatever it is) for the “exclusive design”...and, I think the two-tone of the Carrera Classic wheel is a better visual fit for the Aventurine Green, with the silver window trim...ie, the silver window trim helps to highlight the silver in the Carrera classic wheels. Once the car arrives, I will have the front wrapped, and will tint @30-35%, back and side windows. I have that tinting on my M4 and I like the looks, from both the inside and out. I don’t want it too dark to be illegal or draw the attention of police, but I do like how the tinting helps bring one’s focus on the exterior of the car (rather than seeing into the car), when viewing from the outside.

if you look at my build, I opted for pretty much all the safety features, front axle lift and rear wheel steering. The safety features were requirements from my wife. I also got the metal sunroof, as I have never had a car without a sunroof. I went with the metal sunroof primarily because I like the way it looks. Had this been a black exterior, I might have gone with the glass...but I wanted the same color, Aventurine Green, to run the entire length of the roof, and not have a black piece of glass in the middle of the roof. Visually, I think the metal sun roof looks better...also, I always either tilt the sunroof, or have it open...so having glass buys me nothing.

Finally, I think the Iceland Green seats/interior is very complementary to the Aventurine Green. I also considered the all black with chalk stitching, but I honestly believe I would tire of that homogeneous look in time. Everybody that gets in my M4 comments how “luxurious” the interior looks with the two-tone. Oh, and I enjoy detailing my leather, so keeping it clean is of zero concern for me. I think if I wanted a hands off car, from a cleaning point off view, I would either have a white or silver exterior and black interior.
Nice build! Definitely fully equipped!
The English subtitle is computer generated, so it's way off. I don't speak German so I just ignore the sound.

I forgot to mention, we have (almost) 5 years old son and he loves car. Iceland Green is very light color so I am worried the rear seat area will get dirty easily.
What product(s) do you use in detailing the leather and how frequent do you have to clean your M4 light interior?
Old 01-28-2021, 02:43 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Nice build! Definitely fully equipped!
The English subtitle is computer generated, so it's way off. I don't speak German so I just ignore the sound.

I forgot to mention, we have (almost) 5 years old son and he loves car. Iceland Green is very light color so I am worried the rear seat area will get dirty easily.
What product(s) do you use in detailing the leather and how frequent do you have to clean your M4 light interior?

Yea, it became very obvious that the subtitles were off...not always, but quite a bit.

If you are worried about the back getting dirty, do what I did with my two boys (while they were in car seats)....I put a beach towel or blanket down under the car seat....and around the area where their juice box, etc might spill.

Right now, I use the BMW cleaner and leather conditioner. It works for me, smells good and can easily get on Amazon. But have also used the Connolly Hide Care and Zymol leather conditioner. I probably will try what Porsche recommends, at first, but to be honest, I have found most do the job, and after a year or two, I tend to go with the product I like the smell of the best. Most leather conditioners have the same, or nearly the same ingredients. I think the most important thing to remember is - stay on top of it. Regularly clean and condition. At least condition.

The leather on my M4 is actually lighter than the Iceland Green. Almost Chalk like. Since I am basically (now) the only one in my M4 on a regular basis, I only condition about once every 4-6 weeks. And really only need to do the driver’s seat. If I take it into the shop, I always clean and re-condition after every visit. My neighbors have said that my cars, even ones that are older than my 4 yo M4, look and smell new inside. It’s a source of pride for me...and I don’t look at it as a chore.

Finally, the leather interiors, on any car, that end up looking like chit after 3-4 years are the ones who’s owners don’t take care of the leather on a regular basis, leave their car outside to bake in the sun (this is where tinting helps, a LOT), and think of their car as a fast food restaurant. None of these characterizations apply to me. Good luck.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 01-28-2021 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:58 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Averting Green showing another shade:

Dark/forest green..almost black?
Old 01-29-2021, 11:27 AM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 511 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by dribar
From this morning....
mine looks the same save the wheel caps in yellow

sapman (10-17-2021)

Quick Reply: Any Aventurine Green 992 Owners?