Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 06:16 PM
joydrive
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 54 Posts

I got an TYD update last night and a call this morning that my car made it my dealer in the PNW. I was on the Glovis Sunrise. I’ll be picking up later this week.

The following 7 users liked this post by joydrive:
ABE992 (04-18-2023), CZS (04-18-2023), dreamin11 (04-18-2023), meyecul (04-18-2023), pinion (04-18-2023), PMAA (04-18-2023), Ryan993 (04-19-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-18-2023, 07:11 PM
355Shawn
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by CZS
After 16 months of waiting, I finally received the call from the dealer that my C2S allocation is available. I've aspired to own a 911 since I was a teenager, so to say I'm ecstatic would be an understatement! Expected lock date of 5/14, so I'm currently in the "obsessing over every option" stage of the process. Currently stuck on:
  • GT Silver vs Guards Red
  • Carrera Exclusive vs Carrera Classic wheels
  • CF vs glass roof (Anyone have the CF roof and wish they'd have gone with the glass sunroof?)
Congratulations! It’s a surreal feeling to finally get an allocation.

You’ll get a lot of opinions on how to spec the car, but ultimately only you will know what is right for you.

As far as color choice, since I was a kid I wanted a silver 911, so that what my GTS is that was built this week. Color might be the most personal decision you will make on the build, so you just have to really think through what it is that you want. I’d say you can’t go wrong with silver - but there will be plenty of people that say the same thing about red.

Regarding the roof and rims there will be people that will offer more advice than me. I have Turbo S center locks on mine, and a slick roof - so I’m not much help there.

Congratulations again, and enjoy the process!
The following users liked this post:
992carrerat (04-18-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 07:51 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,017 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by CZS
After 16 months of waiting, I finally received the call from the dealer that my C2S allocation is available. I've aspired to own a 911 since I was a teenager, so to say I'm ecstatic would be an understatement! Expected lock date of 5/14, so I'm currently in the "obsessing over every option" stage of the process. Currently stuck on:
  • GT Silver vs Guards Red
  • Carrera Exclusive vs Carrera Classic wheels
  • CF vs glass roof (Anyone have the CF roof and wish they'd have gone with the glass sunroof?)
congratulations!!!! Enjoy the journey! I have a CF roof on my build that is scheduled to be here mid May. It’s really all about the look as the weight savings is minimal. I rarely use a sunroof and just don’t want that weight above me. It was either a slick roof or CF. I hated to spend the $ but it just looks so damn good to me, and it’s unique.
I chose white because I’ve got a guards red 964 and a silver 986. The M&M colors are nice to look at but too bold for where I live. I’ll probably do a wrap on it in a few years and change it up for a while. I love gulf blue and unfortunately PTS was not an option.

Gulf blue. probably my wrap eventually.

Last edited by Cartod; 04-20-2023 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:52 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Looks like the RCC Compass left GA...next stop Jamaica!
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Sure is taking the scenic route…now heading for Sta Marta, Columbia.
...and on its way to Panama.

Last edited by Alan Smithee; 04-18-2023 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:27 PM
gthal
Pro

Received 537 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by repcapale
So close. So close.

Originally Posted by YYC991.2
So... 3 week turnaround at the Halifax port. Good to know as my boat is scheduled to arrive on April 21. I was hoping for it to be a bit quicker but I'm not about to complain given the significant delays some folks are facing.
Mine is Halifax too... my dealer is telling me it is waiting for a software update before Porsche releases it. I suspect Repcapale is in the same situation. Hopefully it is released tomorrow and the good news is my dealer is only about 10 km away However, I bet it's another several days before it actually "leaves" the port even when Porsche releases it to go. The last 3 weeks have been harder on my head than the last several months because the car is so close.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:33 PM
pinion
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by joydrive
I got an TYD update last night and a call this morning that my car made it my dealer in the PNW. I was on the Glovis Sunrise. I’ll be picking up later this week.
Was also on the sunrise, also going to a PNW dealer… no update here though. When I last heard from my SA to discuss PPF details the order screen showed exit port expected on the 21st. Seems you got quite lucky to move so quickly!

The alternative being mine is messed up and will be spending another delay at the port like the 3 month delay I already had getting to/through Emden.
joydrive (04-19-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 08:39 PM
Alex.In.M0tion
Racer

Received 505 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by norcal992
Unfortunately this is not true. There are quite a few of us in the T thread and T Facebook group experiencing delays. Our T's started production early/mid March and never finished production although we got all the pictures. No idea what's happening.
could you please share the link for the T thread with me? Tried searching the page but I guess I didn’t look hard enough.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:42 PM
CZS
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 355Shawn
Congratulations! It’s a surreal feeling to finally get an allocation.

You’ll get a lot of opinions on how to spec the car, but ultimately only you will know what is right for you.

As far as color choice, since I was a kid I wanted a silver 911, so that what my GTS is that was built this week. Color might be the most personal decision you will make on the build, so you just have to really think through what it is that you want. I’d say you can’t go wrong with silver - but there will be plenty of people that say the same thing about red.

Regarding the roof and rims there will be people that will offer more advice than me. I have Turbo S center locks on mine, and a slick roof - so I’m not much help there.

Congratulations again, and enjoy the process!
Thanks for the warm welcome! Feels great right now but I know that once the order is locked, the wait will be tough.

Silver was my first choice and probably still the frontrunner. Unfortunately, I don't get an opportunity to see many 992s (or 911s in general) locally, so I'm stuck basing most of my build selections off the configurator and photos here on Rennslist. The good news is that I really love both colors, so I guess there's really no way to go 'wrong'....

Originally Posted by Cartod
I have a CF roof on my build that is scheduled to be here mid May. It’s really all about the look as the weight savings is minimal. I rarely use a sunroof and just don’t want that weight above me. It was either a flat roof or CF. I hated to spend it but it just looks so good and it’s unique.
Agree completely on the looks. I prefer the contrast of the black/CF roof vs the body color and that is my primary reason to order either the sunroof or CF. I don't use the sunroof in any of my other vehicles, so doubt I will on this one either. The dealer is emphasizing that the sunroof is 'great for resale', but I'm not crazy about adding 30ish (?) pounds of glass sunroof if I have no plans to use it. That ultimately got me looking closer at the CF option.

I chose white because I’ve got a guards red 964 and a silver 986. The M&M colors are nice to look at but too bold for where I live. I’ll probably do a wrap on it in a few years and change it up for a while. I love gulf blue and unfortunately PTS was not an option.

That same thought has crossed my mind on the Guards Red. If I were building a GT3, it would be red or yellow almost certainly, but I wasn't sure a mild mannered Carrera could warrant it, lol. Silver certainly seems to be one of the most popular colors here on the forums, so clearly a lot to like.

Beautiful build by the way! I assume the car is in transit? Did you get some 'in progress' photos on TYD? I'm not usually a blue person, but Gulf Blue is extremely flattering on the 911.

Last edited by CZS; 04-18-2023 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:49 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,017 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by CZS
Beautiful build by the way! I assume the car is in transit? Did you get some 'in progress' photos on TYD? I'm not usually a blue person, but Gulf Blue is extremely flattering on the 911.
Yes I got birthing photos last week.

The following 3 users liked this post by Cartod:
355Shawn (04-18-2023), 360MVA (04-18-2023), Schwarz992C4S (04-22-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 10:06 PM
360MVA
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 100 Posts

Has anyone gotten held up for a software update?
Old 04-18-2023, 10:45 PM
gthal
Pro

Received 537 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by 360MVA
Has anyone gotten held up for a software update?
Yes...
Old 04-18-2023, 10:47 PM
offminorthreat
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 14 Posts

How do you know what the reason for the hold up is? Is it buried in the TYD code?
Old 04-18-2023, 10:51 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

congratulations!!!! Enjoy the journey! I have a CF roof on my build that is scheduled to be here mid May. It’s really all about the look as the weight savings is minimal. I rarely use a sunroof and just don’t want that weight above me. It was either a slick roof or CF. I hated to spend the $ but it just looks so damn good to me, and it’s unique.
TY for being honest about the CF roof option. I wanted it and tried to justify by weight, but ultimately had to admit the cost was about looks alone. So I passed and thought on the T with PYG exterior, I wanted all in on green. I have a CF roof on my M3 (standard for non-sunroof car and mineral grey so it matches) and have rationalized there was actual real utility because it is more resilient in a hail storm lol. Yes, been caught in one and the sound is pretty distinct. YMMV. Someday I could wrap the roof if I have regrets.
The following 2 users liked this post by arrivederci:
Cartod (04-18-2023), tourenwagen (04-19-2023)
Old 04-18-2023, 11:02 PM
Vivienne
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Aventurine Green 911 GTS

I see That AG is back on the configuration menu. My dealer states that Porsche is not keeping it for new builds. Anyone has similar problems in new build?
dreamin11 (04-19-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 01:25 AM
norcal992
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkblue982
could you please share the link for the T thread with me? Tried searching the page but I guess I didn’t look hard enough.
Here's one: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1230...l#post18750104
Alex.In.M0tion (04-19-2023)

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!