Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2023, 05:26 PM
myidsucks
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by merrion13
800-767-7243; they said they could not see on their end what was causing delays.
Thanks - I called and just like you said, they don't know anything. They can only see the delivery date, which is the same as what TYD shows. They suggested having the dealer check and that if there are further delays, I can open a case with them to research further.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:27 PM
myidsucks
Instructor

Originally Posted by Harry Wenhr
my C4S has same pushed back dates from March 30 to August just as yours and @myidsucks
here's my build FYI
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4L52D6
When did your car finish production, was it early February?
Old 03-22-2023, 05:27 PM
merrion13
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 71 Posts

@Harry Wenhr @meyecul @myidsucks I just heard back from my SA. Apparently 121 vehicles were sent from the factory to France due to 'lack of space and delayed loading onto vessels'. He said the August timeline should be extremely conservative but no other update on timing before that for now. Maybe at delivery I ask them for a bumper sticker that shows my car is well traveled before I even put a mile on it...
The following 2 users liked this post by merrion13:
minn19 (03-23-2023), toph4242 (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 05:33 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

@Harry Wenhr @meyecul @myidsucks I just heard back from my SA. Apparently 121 vehicles were sent from the factory to France due to 'lack of space and delayed loading onto vessels'. He said the August timeline should be extremely conservative but no other update on timing before that for now. Maybe at delivery I ask them for a bumper sticker that shows my car is well traveled before I even put a mile on it...
Wow! Never head of this before!! This totally explains why my car was shipped to Leipzig for ED like 2 days after it was finished being built even though Im not going for 2 more months... I knew they had way more space in Leipzig, but they must have been thrilled to see mine needed to get shipped out of there anyways...
Old 03-22-2023, 05:36 PM
myidsucks
Instructor

Well, that explains why my dealer's system reported my car's location as Creutzwald, France. Sucks that we're all part of the unlucky 121.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:16 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 379 Likes on 211 Posts

This does not make any sense for anyone showing step 7 (arriving at the german port) as complete. I can see this for mine as my TYD is still stuck on step 6 even though the shown step 7 date has long passed but its my understanding that the step 7 requires the car being scanned at the port. And then why on earth would those stored cars be forced to sit for months after already being well late? Could be wrong and who knows how deep this all goes, but something seems off with that explanation.

Last edited by meyecul; 03-22-2023 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:47 PM
meyecul
Pro

Originally Posted by myidsucks
Well, that explains why my dealer's system reported my car's location as Creutzwald, France. Sucks that we're all part of the unlucky 121.
In case you are interested. Here is the storage lot where your car is sitting. I found a french article online about this place. Apparently this storage is supposed to be for cars distributed throughout France, not for US bound cars going to the port. So if now Porsche is dumping cars here for lack of space, this does not seem like a good situation at all. If the report is correct and 121 cars bound for the US are sitting here it could be equivalent of a car graveyard. Lets see...6 to 9 cars get loaded onto a transport every so often when Porsche decides to do some yard clean up. Yeah, then Aug then would seem on par. What a mess. I hope this is all bad intel and not the case for any of us.
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by meyecul:
BOS911T (03-24-2023), minn19 (03-23-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 07:37 PM
992carrerat
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 25 Posts

Right- me too- completion due yesterday-now delayed 30 days.....jt
The following users liked this post:
BOS911T (03-24-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 08:48 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,139 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by 992carrerat
Right- me too- completion due yesterday-now delayed 30 days.....jt
Would be nice if they lifted freeze dates with these delays.

Last edited by Cartod; 03-22-2023 at 08:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BOS911T (03-24-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 09:35 PM
myidsucks
Instructor

Originally Posted by meyecul
This does not make any sense for anyone showing step 7 (arriving at the german port) as complete. I can see this for mine as my TYD is still stuck on step 6 even though the shown step 7 date has long passed but its my understanding that the step 7 requires the car being scanned at the port. And then why on earth would those stored cars be forced to sit for months after already being well late? Could be wrong and who knows how deep this all goes, but something seems off with that explanation.
Not a lot about this makes sense but it does add up with what I was told by my dealer. My car scanned into the Emden port yesterday morning after its stay in France and since your car doesn't have that step completed yet, I'd say yours is still in the holding lot in France waiting for a truck to take it up to Emden.

My hope is that the prioritize these cars at Emden since they all were likely built early February (mine was February 2nd), well ahead of cars arriving at Emden now, directly from the factory without the detour to France. However, the ridiculously delayed shipping dates we're all seeing in TYD now, tell me that won't be the case.
Old 03-22-2023, 09:37 PM
myidsucks
Instructor

Originally Posted by meyecul
In case you are interested. Here is the storage lot where your car is sitting. I found a french article online about this place. Apparently this storage is supposed to be for cars distributed throughout France, not for US bound cars going to the port. So if now Porsche is dumping cars here for lack of space, this does not seem like a good situation at all. If the report is correct and 121 cars bound for the US are sitting here it could be equivalent of a car graveyard. Lets see...6 to 9 cars get loaded onto a transport every so often when Porsche decides to do some yard clean up. Yeah, then Aug then would seem on par. What a mess. I hope this is all bad intel and not the case for any of us.
Definitely a mess and thanks to your searching, we now have a photo of the lot our cars were moved to. The only good news for me is that my car is now in Emden. The bad news is that it will be there until well into July.
Old 03-22-2023, 09:40 PM
gthal
Pro

Received 538 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by gtssss
Does anyone know how long it actually takes to take delivery once the car is already at the dealership? It should be ready the same day right ?
Depends on the dealer but "same day" is a stretch. They have to prepare the car for delivery, etc. I would bet most cars are at the dealer for at least a couple of days before the owner is able to pick it up and take it home.
Old 03-22-2023, 09:41 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 936 Likes on 522 Posts

Are they short on ships to transport them? And why a shortage for just 121 cars?
Old 03-22-2023, 09:44 PM
meyecul
Pro

Originally Posted by myidsucks
Definitely a mess and thanks to your searching, we now have a photo of the lot our cars were moved to. The only good news for me is that my car is now in Emden. The bad news is that it will be there until well into July.
Yeah...i think you are right on mine likely still being in that lot then. I have not gotten any kind of confirmation from my SA on an exact location of my car like you did. I did send him a message today asking for this so we will see if possible on his end.

One thing that still differs between mine, yours and the others that have chimed into this is that my further dates have held still. So I guess all I can hope for is that my car leaves that lot (if that is where it is) and get to Emden to stay on schedule.

With this in mind, I cannot see how your car could sit at Emden from now until July. That would be major major extremely long port time for a finished car. Perhaps those long far out dates that ended up in your TYD are just generic placeholders and will all revert back if you get loaded on one of these two ships in the coming week. Thats my hope for you (and also hope my dates in TYD stay put at least).

Last edited by meyecul; 03-22-2023 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 09:44 PM
Radiationman
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
Are they short on ships to transport them? And why a shortage for just 121 cars?
Oh no, that's only 121 that went to France... There's A LOT more stuck in Emden, and even more that haven't left the factory.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!