Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 11:07 PM
myidsucks
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by meyecul
ahh. Yes, that makes sense. My SA is looking into this as well so will be interesting to see if they both come to similar conclusion. Will keep this updated as I learn more.
Likewise. My SA said the manager was contacting Porsche to try to find out what's holding the car up at the factory. Will report back when I know more.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:29 PM
cwbrown
Racer

Received 344 Likes on 131 Posts

Wow, after almost a year and a half since a search began for a 992s or GTS allocation the wait is almost over.
TMD message said today that my car is "at the Dealer" (should have said PEC LA). Pick the car up in two week with my son and am so excited.
Life long dream come true!

GT3 wanna-be
BLK/BLK
MT
LWB
Aero-kit
Slick-top
Thats it...

The following 11 users liked this post by cwbrown:
bt318 (03-16-2023), homebrew (03-16-2023), johny221 (03-15-2023), joydrive (03-16-2023), meyecul (03-15-2023), minn19 (03-16-2023), myidsucks (03-15-2023), Radiationman (03-15-2023), Thecrisis (03-16-2023), toph4242 (03-16-2023), Wilder (03-16-2023) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-15-2023, 11:41 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by myidsucks
I'm not saying it's the whole interior, it's just one piece. My car photos showed a seemingly complete interior too. It just takes one non-critical part to hold the car up but still allow it to show as production complete and released for transport. My SA is trying to chase down the exact delay but they probably won't get an answer until tomorrow given the time difference with Germany.
Okay, I heard back from SA. He sent me the full internal dates list for my order as of today. It shows all the date ranges from day one (Planned Expected and Actual). Car has three dates listed for each stage up through V300 (vehicle completion) so it's confirmed to be fully built and ready for transport. However V331 (arrival at Emden) and beyond only showing two dates (Planned and Expected). So my car is not yet officially at the port but also not being held up for any factory required build shortcomings (would be stuck at V270).

Only thing left to reason is the big backlog at the port (which my SA confirms has been a big problem right now) and thus factory pacing the amount cars entering the port. My planned and estimated date range to exit Emden (V332) is March 10 (planned) and March 24 (expected). Hopefully it makes it around that March 24 date which will line up with RCC Compass. Time will tell and I would guess my TYD will change to reflect either further delay ahead or at the port and ready.

I do not think any major hiccups here, just some backlog delay. Been through this before with 2021 Macan GTS. That car sat at factory and Emden while 3 or 4 ships bound for the west coast came and went. As they say, all good things come to those who wait.

Last edited by meyecul; 03-15-2023 at 11:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
minn19 (03-16-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 11:41 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,957 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Wow, that looks stunning. Can't wait to see actual pics and vids
cwbrown (03-16-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 11:48 PM
myidsucks
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Okay, I heard back from SA. He sent me the full internal dates list for my order as of today. It shows all the date ranges from day one (Planned Expected and Actual). Car has three dates listed for each stage up through V300 (vehicle completion) so it's confirmed to be fully built and ready for transport. However V331 (arrival at Emden) and beyond only showing two dates (Planned and Expected). So my car is not yet officially at the port but also not being held up for any factory required build shortcomings (would be stuck at V270).

Only thing left to reason is the big backlog at the port (which my SA confirms has been a big problem right now) and thus factory pacing the amount cars entering the port. My planned and estimated date range to exit Emden (V332) is March 10 (planned) and March 24 (expected). Hopefully it makes it around that March 24 date which will line up with RCC Compass. Time will tell and I would guess my TYD will change to reflect either further delay ahead or at the port and ready.

I do not think any major hiccups here, just some backlog delay. Been through this before with 2021 Macan GTS. That car sat at factory and Emden while 3 or 4 ships bound for the west coast came and went. As they say, all good things come to those who wait.
Wow, that's good detail - thanks for posting. It sounds like your car should be progressing soon. I'm hoping to hear info like this tomorrow from my dealer but given how far in the past my dates are I suspect my car is either waiting for a part (or parts) or was damaged.

Old 03-16-2023, 12:17 AM
Kbb
7th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coderman
Did those options become unavailable or you removed them from your build??
Porsche had a stop sale on these items. They were available when I ordered it, but then they stopped all PTS orders and I had to wait for a new allocation again. Then the PCCB and carbon buckets were on stop sale.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:41 AM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

Thanks for this and it seems to confirm my own theory based on what others have said here as well. My car started production last month (got the first three production pics), but then got the three week delay that everyone is getting. TYD says my car isn’t done with manufacturing yet, but I’m guessing it is fully completed and being stored either on site or close by waiting to be shipped to Emden. I’m guessing there is no space there with the current backlog. As soon as space opens up at the port, people’s cars are magically done and on their way there.

Last edited by minn19; 03-16-2023 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:56 AM
meyecul
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by minn19
Thanks for this and it seems to confirm my own theory based on what others have said here as well. My car started production last month (got the first three production pics), but then got the three week delay that everyone is getting. TYD says my car isn’t done with manufacturing yet, but I’m guessing it is fully completed and being stored either on site or close by waiting to be shipped to Emden. I’m guessing there is no space there with the current backlog. As soon as space opens up at the port, people’s cars are magically done and on their way there.
I would say seems only difference between yours and mine is that mine is complete and I got 4th completion photo right away with all the others back on Feb 28.

I think we are all going to see dates change in our TYD either for the better or worse in the coming week.
minn19 (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 08:35 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,778 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Would've been nice to skip a stop. Does it still show 3/17 ETA for DVV? Any ETA for MD? Thanks.
Seeing today 3/16 1800 and another site for 2200. Can someone confirm?
Old 03-16-2023, 09:29 AM
Kbb
7th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m having same issue with you guys. Been in production for over a month and have a picture of it completed, but status is still in production.

Old 03-16-2023, 10:03 AM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

Don't have Track your dream updates anymore because I did European delivery but do have an AirTag in my car. Arrived in Eden about a week ago. Heading to Baltimore. Thought Siem Confucius might be going there. It arrived at port on 4 days ago on March 13th. Ship hasn't left yet (I think) and my car hasn't moved but doubt it will be getting a ride. If Siem Confucius is going to Baltimore the reports of backlog must be true. Not sure when the next opportunity will be. Maybe someone who bought the tracking service can help out. Feel silly checking my cars location a bunch of times a day.
The following 2 users liked this post by tsjoel:
johny221 (03-16-2023), Patriot (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 10:28 AM
repcapale
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by tsjoel
Don't have Track your dream updates anymore because I did European delivery but do have an AirTag in my car. Arrived in Eden about a week ago. Heading to Baltimore. Thought Siem Confucius might be going there. It arrived at port on 4 days ago on March 13th. Ship hasn't left yet (I think) and my car hasn't moved but doubt it will be getting a ride. If Siem Confucius is going to Baltimore the reports of backlog must be true. Not sure when the next opportunity will be. Maybe someone who bought the tracking service can help out. Feel silly checking my cars location a bunch of times a day.
I have been keeping a close eye on Siem Confucius as it is the ship I am hoping to make as well. It is still in port at one of the VW loading areas.

Its previous voyage included Sparrows Point.
Old 03-16-2023, 10:32 AM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

is the VW area different than Porsche area?
Old 03-16-2023, 10:34 AM
PBoxS986
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Joey who runs European Delivery will email you within a day or 2 once your car is loaded on the vessel and the vessel leaves port. Safe to say your car is still at the port.
Old 03-16-2023, 10:39 AM
repcapale
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 262 Posts

is the VW area different than Porsche area?
All same. I have noticed all ships leaving with Porsche cars are moored at this same location.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!