Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 51 Posts

As a former Gentian Blue owner, it does look like it!
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 691 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesPorter911
What did full car PPF cost? I spoke to someone yesterday who said full car PPF and ceramic is like $10k.

I don’t plan to track my car, so if this is really the cost I can’t justify that. I don’t think PPF really makes a difference on trade in value for when I trade my 911 back to the dealer for a new one in 2-5 years or so.
Full PPF with Suntek film was $5200. Window tint, all windows & glass Sunroof was $800. Full ceramic on top of PPF and Rims, Calipers, was $1000. That's after a 15% PCA discount.

I keep and drive my cars a long time, so the PPF is worth it to me. This is my daily driver, so the PPF is good as I go whenever I need to .

Originally Posted by Billrush
Ok, what color? Gentian Blue?
Yes, Gentian Blue Metallic

Last edited by 981KMAN; Today at 01:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JamesPorter911 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,893 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
Full PPF with Suntek film was $5200. Window tint, all windows was $800. Full ceramic on top of PPF and Rims, Calipers, was $1000. That's after a 15% PCA discount.

I keep and drive my cars a long time, so the PPF is worth it to me. This is my daily driver, so the PPF is good as I go whenever I need to .

Yes, Gentian Blue Metallic
Well done with the color selection.

Where in the world do you love that you got such a great deal? 5k for a full ppf is unheard of. (Although in reality thats what the going rate should be).
981KMAN (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shogunade

Where in the world do you love that you got such a great deal? 5k for a full ppf is unheard of. (Although in reality thats what the going rate should be).
Greenville, South Carolina. Many things are much less expensive here, due mainly to the lower overall cost of living.....

J Irwan (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,591 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesPorter911
I don’t think PPF really makes a difference on trade in value for when I trade my 911 back to the dealer for a new one in 2-5 years or so.
There is literally zero return of investment (ROI) on PPI at the time of trade. Dealers will place absolutely no value in it.
JamesPorter911 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
J Irwan
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Greenville, South Carolina. Many things are much less expensive here, due mainly to the lower overall cost of living.....

the price make sense. There are 2 type of pattern: precut (they have wrapped edges as well), then there is completely custom cut.

Custom cut will always be more expensive as it takes more time to do.
Old Today, 01:38 AM
JamesPorter911
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by RatherJaded
There is literally zero return of investment (ROI) on PPI at the time of trade. Dealers will place absolutely no value in it.
I am starting to wonder how many 911 owners actually spend the money to do full PPF when the car will not be tracked, and will just be a weekend car. Obviously with a $200k car, I don’t want to cheap out on this… but I’m really starting to wonder if it’s actually worth it. Maybe just a paint correction and ceramic coating, along with PPF just on front bumper and rear wheel area will suffice. Sorry.. I’m sure there’s plenty of other threads on this topic, I should just search for it!
RatherJaded (Today)
Old Today, 01:58 AM
porshanut
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

I’m doing front bumper PPF and Ceramic coating without paint correction. It’s fresh from the factory and I don’t want any compromise to the clear coat. These days, Ceramic coating is fabulous. All I need.
JamesPorter911 (Today)
Old Today, 02:25 AM
js1ngh13
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade

yeah in the dmv we see double the prices that SC is seeing haha
Old Today, 02:46 AM
981KMAN
Burning Brakes

Who buys a 911 for ROI? If that's what you are after, buy a good growth stock ETF!

PPF is for those who don't like rock chips covering the front of their car, and want to keep the car looking it's best otherwise. It's not for everyone, yet it does have a significant value when selling privately, as a car with no paint damage will command a high price and will sell faster. Intuitively obvious to the casual observer.

J Irwan (Today)
Old Today, 07:24 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,893 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by porshanut
I’m doing front bumper PPF and Ceramic coating without paint correction. It’s fresh from the factory and I don’t want any compromise to the clear coat. These days, Ceramic coating is fabulous. All I need.
You should definitely paint correct before a coating.

Your car has sat at the port, been at sea, and sat at another port. If you're lucky you'll have minimal orange peel and slight swirls and scratches. But I've seen brand new cars with horrible paint that should've never passed QC.
Old Today, 08:57 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Is anyone waiting to hitch a ride to Halifax (8/2) Jacksonville (8/7) or Freeport (8/14)? SIEM CONFUCIUS arrived in Emden early yesterday morning EST.

Last edited by RatherJaded; Today at 08:59 AM.
Old Today, 09:13 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Who buys a 911 for ROI? If that's what you are after, buy a good growth stock ETF!

PPF is for those who don't like rock chips covering the front of their car, and want to keep the car looking it's best otherwise. It's not for everyone, yet it does have a significant value when selling privately, as a car with no paint damage will command a high price and will sell faster. Intuitively obvious to the casual observer.
Re ROI, I made money on my last 992 and over the course of 4-5 months of ownership so the ROI was better than expected.

I have sold multiple European vehicles via private party and with PPI installed immediately after delivery and I have never been able to squeeze my money back out of it at the time of sale, not one dime. I have also never been able to command a premium over a vehicle that did not have PPF. I personally am a rather OCD individual in regards to my vehicles, so it is not due to subpar condition cosmetically nor mechanically. Most consumers are simply not automotive enthusiast and most expect some normal wear and tear on a preowned vehicle. Those of us here are enthusiast so we see things vastly differently from your typical consumer. .

Last edited by RatherJaded; Today at 10:03 AM.
Old Today, 10:35 AM
estrov
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Is anyone waiting to hitch a ride to Halifax (8/2) Jacksonville (8/7) or Freeport (8/14)? SIEM CONFUCIUS arrived in Emden early yesterday morning EST.

I have a Macan GTS sitting in Emden waiting. Hoping to get on the CONFUCIUS. I guess we will find out shortly.
RatherJaded (Today)
Old Today, 11:34 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by estrov
I have a Macan GTS sitting in Emden waiting. Hoping to get on the CONFUCIUS. I guess we will find out shortly.
I suspect it will probably depart Emden the 22nd or 23rd.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!