Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2024, 08:16 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

My car should arrive at the dealership any day now, but my SA is on holidays... Im hoping they work as a team and someone else will finalize the transaction and get the car ready.
Old 07-17-2024, 08:49 PM
Hotsaucepancakes
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CJDCREW
Based on what I have seen posted, it is supposed to be the Supreme Ace docking JAX tomorrow 7/18, then it goes on to Freeport 7/25. I may or may not be more fixated on the Freeport timing...
Lol I feel you
The following users liked this post:
CJDCREW (07-18-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 08:53 PM
Hotsaucepancakes
Intermediate

My question then would be... what boat left Emden on Jul 13th that's headed to Jacksonville. My triangulation techniques dont work, I would guess that the porsche app is showing that as the date it was loaded... but the 15th (when the app updated) or early 16th is when the boat actually shipped out.

Any one got some more of that hopium?
Old 07-17-2024, 09:42 PM
heidorn
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Questions on Porsche production dates they give: I have a 911 S on order and the dates between the Porsche app and the Porsche website were in sync up to about a week ago, they are no longer in sync and have been moving around.

- The Porsche app showed "The Manufacturing Process is Complete" to be done on July 18th and this morning it revised the dates to say July 22nd (4 days later).
- This evening, July 17th, I received a notification through the Porsche app saying "Manufacturing is Complete (moving to shipping)" but its not reflected on the website data. I also received an email saying its "complete" and when selecting the link it now says July 22nd (so its really not complete if I believe the website data).
- When I log into the Porsche website the dates moved from July 18th to July 22nd but it doesn't reflect what the Porsche app is saying which is "Completed on July 17th".

I assumed either the app or website would pull the same data at the same time and be sync'd up, I guess not. I'm not sure if the car is complete today or its still another 5 days.

I keep looking at the data b/c I want to see the production pictures I keep hearing about from everyone. Where do you find the production pictures on both the app and website login? When are they given to you and how often are they updated?

Thanks

Last edited by heidorn; 07-17-2024 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2024, 11:53 PM
JamesPorter911
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar_electric
My 911 C2S got to the port two days ago and I was informed it was just loaded onto the LAKE WANAKA to Davisville with ETA of 7/29! Just like you, I was worried it would be weeks before it got loaded, so maybe luck of the draw? I’m hoping Davisville is way more efficient and smaller port than Baltimore (which is what I assumed it would have gone to!).
My car arrived at Emden on July 11th and I just got the email that my car has left the port today!! TYD still shows the car at port of Emden, but when logging in through the website, it shows my car left the port of Emden today and is on the water. I have no idea how to see what boat it’s on, but we might be on the same one?! My car is coming to Illinois.

Last edited by JamesPorter911; 07-17-2024 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2024, 12:07 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,020 Likes on 1,138 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesPorter911
My car arrived at Emden on July 11th and I just got the email that my car has left the port today!! TYD still shows the car at port of Emden, but when logging in through the website, it shows my car left the port of Emden today and is on the water. I have no idea how to see what boat it’s on, but we might be on the same one?! My car is coming to Illinois.
See post #21814 and 21815

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1123...l#post19545936
Old 07-18-2024, 02:05 AM
Hotsaucepancakes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by heidorn
Questions on Porsche production dates they give: I have a 911 S on order and the dates between the Porsche app and the Porsche website were in sync up to about a week ago, they are no longer in sync and have been moving around.

- The Porsche app showed "The Manufacturing Process is Complete" to be done on July 18th and this morning it revised the dates to say July 22nd (4 days later).
- This evening, July 17th, I received a notification through the Porsche app saying "Manufacturing is Complete (moving to shipping)" but its not reflected on the website data. I also received an email saying its "complete" and when selecting the link it now says July 22nd (so its really not complete if I believe the website data).
- When I log into the Porsche website the dates moved from July 18th to July 22nd but it doesn't reflect what the Porsche app is saying which is "Completed on July 17th".

I assumed either the app or website would pull the same data at the same time and be sync'd up, I guess not. I'm not sure if the car is complete today or its still another 5 days.

I keep looking at the data b/c I want to see the production pictures I keep hearing about from everyone. Where do you find the production pictures on both the app and website login? When are they given to you and how often are they updated?

Thanks
My experience so far would be to look at the delivery date window (you can see it when you look at the list of steps) you're likely going to be with in that range, perhaps plus 15 days
Old 07-18-2024, 02:24 AM
Hotsaucepancakes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by heidorn

Thanks
Originally Posted by Hotsaucepancakes
My question then would be... what boat left Emden on Jul 13th that's headed to Jacksonville. My triangulation techniques dont work, I would guess that the porsche app is showing that as the date it was loaded... but the 15th (when the app updated) or early 16th is when the boat actually shipped out.

Any one got some more of that hopium?
Thanks to a little more reading in here and a bit of poking around, determined she is on the Amethyst Ace, the IMO number confirms. ty

Old 07-18-2024, 07:01 AM
heidorn
Instructor

I jumped too quickly and woke up to find these pictures. It looks like less than 60 days to go

The following 3 users liked this post by heidorn:
Dicecal (07-18-2024), mashoutposse (07-18-2024), MAXFPS (07-20-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 07:11 AM
Billrush
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My car started production 07/17/24. When might photos arrive? Where do they arrive? Thanks!
Old 07-18-2024, 09:04 AM
heidorn
Instructor

Mine just finished the production process yesterday and the pictures showed up this morning. They were on the Porsche app and the webpage login.. I received an email letting me know they were there.
Old 07-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Bryan Simmons
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 63 Posts

Made it to the first port! Hopefully it doesn’t sit too long before heading to Jacksonville!

Old 07-18-2024, 12:00 PM
JamesPorter911
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts

For those asking, my experience so far is this:

When I ordered the car on May 15th, it projected August 12th delivery.

As things progressed, the dates in the app showed a range of July 29 - September 5th delivery.

Once production started on June 29th, I received the completed photos in the app about 5 days after production started (July 4th)

The car didn’t reach the “build complete” milestone on the app until about 5 days after I received the completed photos.

After the build was complete on July 9th, it arrived at port of Emden on July 11th. The car sat at Emden for about 5 days and left port July 16th. Car is now on Lake Wanaka vessel headed to Davisville with projected arrival at port July 27th.

When all is said and done, I should have my car earlier than the original August 12th delivery date. Looks like the delivery range on the app of July 29-September 5th will be delivered much closer to the beginning. First week of August I’m thinking as long as things keep progressing.
The following 4 users liked this post by JamesPorter911:
fanboy (07-18-2024), fantom557 (07-19-2024), mashoutposse (07-18-2024), NYG1121 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 12:57 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,146 Likes on 707 Posts

Pretty much right on schedule this time. My 2023 delivery was all over the place, sat at Emden for months. This time I was at Emden for 2 weeks. My T should be in Dayton Ohio the first of august.
Old 07-18-2024, 03:11 PM
pascarem
AutoX

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi everyone, my 992 is set to arrive at dealership tomorrow by truck form the port. Dealership is saying I might not be able to pick up same day it arrives as they need to get ownership paperwork FedEx from Porsche USA and might not arrive same day? Confused on this and curious if anyone has any experience and how long this paperwork takes. Thanks in advance!

If car arrives by truck in the AM how long should all this take?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!