Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2024, 10:22 AM
gottagofast
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Got the “left the port” notification
Old 07-14-2024, 10:31 AM
Tarek E
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tripedalgts
Officially graduating!!!

To everyone waiting; it's worth the wait!
Congrats. Your exterior is I think exactly like mine. Blue GTS. Been saying at port since 7/1, but no updates still. Was hoping it was on a ship and they just haven't told me yet. Still saying ETA 9/22.
Did you get manual or what other options did you tick?
Old 07-14-2024, 10:48 AM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek E
Congrats. Your exterior is I think exactly like mine. Blue GTS. Been saying at port since 7/1, but no updates still. Was hoping it was on a ship and they just haven't told me yet. Still saying ETA 9/22.
If you think your car has been loaded, you can check the source code on your TYD app...
- Step #9 (Current location) will show if the car is still at the Port of Emden or has been loaded on a ship.
- Step #10 (Position) will show the ship identifier and you can google the identifier ID (IMO_#####) for the ships name and possible schedule

1. Log in to your Porsche account.
2. Bring up your TYD page and click it and now you're at "On its way: Your 911 ..."
3. Right click anywhere on this page and select "Inspect" then columns will pop up to the right side where you'll see the source codes for this page.
4. Go to the top of this column find "Network" and click on it.
5. Refresh the web page you're currently on.
6. Source codes will load up again, now with hundreds of lines of items.
7. Once everything loads up, go to the filter section located near the top left of the columns and type "api.porsche" this narrows down the lines we're looking for.
8. Click the line that has your commission number in it. Should look like "USMxxxxxx", file type has to be Fetch/ XHR not preflight. The file type can be changed near the top of the page ...below the filter box.
9. Expand the "Current Location" line.
10. Expand the "Position" line.... the results should read Ident: "IMO_########" <--- this is your ships identifier and location at the time of the update.

11. Go to vesselfinder.com and paste in the IMO identifier and you'll see the ship that you're on or paste the complete IMO number into your browser to track the ship at the various ship tracking sites.

Last edited by sk911; 07-14-2024 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-14-2024, 12:03 PM
Tarek E
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sk911
If you think your car has been loaded, you can check the source code on your TYD app...
- Step #9 (Current location) will show if the car is still at the Port of Emden or has been loaded on a ship.
- Step #10 (Position) will show the ship identifier and you can google the identifier ID (IMO_#####) for the ships name and possible schedule

1. Log in to your Porsche account.
2. Bring up your TYD page and click it and now you're at "On its way: Your 911 ..."
3. Right click anywhere on this page and select "Inspect" then columns will pop up to the right side where you'll see the source codes for this page.
4. Go to the top of this column find "Network" and click on it.
5. Refresh the web page you're currently on.
6. Source codes will load up again, now with hundreds of lines of items.
7. Once everything loads up, go to the filter section located near the top left of the columns and type "api.porsche" this narrows down the lines we're looking for.
8. Click the line that has your commission number in it. Should look like "USMxxxxxx", file type has to be Fetch/ XHR not preflight. The file type can be changed near the top of the page ...below the filter box.
9. Expand the "Current Location" line.
10. Expand the "Position" line.... the results should read Ident: "IMO_########" <--- this is your ships identifier and location at the time of the update.

11. Go to vesselfinder.com and paste in the IMO identifier and you'll see the ship that you're on or paste the complete IMO number into your browser to track the ship at the various ship tracking sites.

Thanks SK11,

I bring up the page and right click, it only give options of "forward, reload page, or print page". Only those 3 options. Not very computer savvy at all. So not sure what I am doing wrong..
Old 07-14-2024, 12:48 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Thanks SK11,

I bring up the page and right click, it only give options of "forward, reload page, or print page". Only those 3 options. Not very computer savvy at all. So not sure what I am doing wrong..
No worries...let's see if we can get you the info you are looking for.

These additional steps may be helpful...
  • View the TYD page that shows the physical map of your cars journey through Germany.
  • If you are using a Microsoft or Chrome browser.... Right click any white portion of the TYD page to view the drop-down selections
  • At the bottom of the drop-down selections, you will see "View page source" and "Inspect" as options
  • Select "Inspect" and not the "View page source" options.
Not sure these steps work for Apple Safari, but you should be able to use a Chrome browser on an Apple machine

Here is a copy of my TYD code...I circled and numbered the critical steps
Let me know if this helps...

The following 2 users liked this post by sk911:
Patrak (07-16-2024), Shogunade (07-14-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 01:09 PM
tripedalgts
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Great looking Gentian GTS!
My Gentian "T" is 17 days away from the Port!
Congratulations!
Thanks! I hope you get to enjoy your car as soon as possible!

Thank you! Yup, manual with LW package. Also have the GTS interior with chalk stitching. My car stayed in Emden for almost a month, hopefully yours will be on a boat soon!
Old 07-14-2024, 02:07 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,146 Likes on 707 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Just got this:

I got it too! Congratulations

Last edited by Cartod; 07-14-2024 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2024, 04:54 PM
jstap808
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 117 Posts

Only a matter of hours before Supreme Ace docks. Not once during the build process has the SA proactively reached out with fun updates, prepped any financial discussions with the dealership, or sent any swag like many of y'all have received. Can't wait to take ownership and say Sayonara suckers!

Old 07-14-2024, 05:17 PM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jstap808
Only a matter of hours before Supreme Ace docks. Not once during the build process has the SA proactively reached out with fun updates, prepped any financial discussions with the dealership, or sent any swag like many of y'all have received. Can't wait to take ownership and say Sayonara suckers!

I appreciate the update on Supreme Ace, I’m a later stop so great to see this intel. And I share your experience with SA’s, 100% me reaching out with questions or prompts to talk about things like tint and PPF. Amazing to me, especially since I run a sales effort in my day job! Oh well, will be fun to get the car!
Old 07-14-2024, 05:34 PM
jstap808
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by CJDCREW
I appreciate the update on Supreme Ace, I’m a later stop so great to see this intel. And I share your experience with SA’s, 100% me reaching out with questions or prompts to talk about things like tint and PPF. Amazing to me, especially since I run a sales effort in my day job! Oh well, will be fun to get the car!
amen to that! cant find quality workers at any level
Old 07-14-2024, 05:50 PM
Maskman
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 51 Posts

Who is your dealer?
Old 07-14-2024, 07:39 PM
J Irwan
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks SK11,

try use “F12” for inspecting the page. (F12 works on Microsoft Edge and Firefox web browser)
Old 07-14-2024, 07:55 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tripedalgts
Officially graduating!!!

To everyone waiting; it's worth the wait!
Say hello to your sibling. Just arrived last week

Old 07-14-2024, 10:20 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,020 Likes on 1,138 Posts

No worries...let's see if we can get you the info you are looking for.

These additional steps may be helpful...
  • View the TYD page that shows the physical map of your cars journey through Germany.
  • If you are using a Microsoft or Chrome browser.... Right click any white portion of the TYD page to view the drop-down selections
  • At the bottom of the drop-down selections, you will see "View page source" and "Inspect" as options
  • Select "Inspect" and not the "View page source" options.
Not sure these steps work for Apple Safari, but you should be able to use a Chrome browser on an Apple machine

Here is a copy of my TYD code...I circled and numbered the critical steps
Let me know if this helps...

Wow. Awesome tutorial. For the old people. *cough
Old 07-15-2024, 08:54 AM
Maskman
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 51 Posts

anyone know if the Supreme Ace has docked?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!