Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 06:09 PM
ianmSC
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sik_sd
Chalk for me - August Delivery - SoCal

Sport Pack
Leather/Chalk interior
18 way seats
Wood
Chalk seat-belts
Rear Steer
Fancy headlights (PDLS+)
Bose
Heated multi function
White tach ring
Light design
seat ventilation
Comfort access
Glass Roof
Folding mirrors
Black Wheels
Black exhaust
Black Porsche logo
Model delete
Headrest logo
LCA

This is pretty damn close to my perfect build. Also in Southern California, so whenever you get tired of it let me know and hopefully it will have depreciated enough for me to afford it.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:16 PM
off/lang
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by off/lang
Oh hi! I pulled the trigger this week. http://www.porsche-code.com/PLRBKQZ4

First Porsche. Not 100% sure about Aventurine. Wish I could see it in person.
Ended up making a few tweaks, including splurging on RAS. http://www.porsche-code.com/PLEZ11N1

Can't wait!

Last edited by off/lang; 04-09-2019 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:55 PM
G650
Racer

Received 241 Likes on 100 Posts

I ordered mine in Los Angeles back in February. Delivery set for September 13.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:01 PM
NigelPlays
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 95 Posts

Add me to the waiting list. Canada will be last I guess. August?
Old 04-10-2019, 09:12 PM
rest
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also in the waiting...

I started calling the dealers in January and locked my allocation early February.

As far as discounts, some dealers said flat-out no discounts on 992s. But, surprisingly, many were willing to compete for my business. I knew the level of discounts at this time will not be the same as next year or as time goes on, but I had already waited plenty for the 992 release and was also planning a European delivery vacation\road-trip for this year. So, I wasn't willing to wait another year and a half more since I would do the delivery in late spring\summer.

In any case, I was offered $6K off for standard US delivery or $4K for European delivery. So, I felt good with the 4K + European delivery this early in the 992 release.
Now, I'm in the SoCal area and there are plenty of Porsche dealers in the greater Southern California region, so your situation may vary.

With the EPA certs still pending and the on sale status also pending, the North America release date estimate is August (I have heard July at one time, but no one really can say for sure as it keeps changing).

The funny thing was that we were thinking that the European delivery could have happen in May since the schedule build was late April. But Porsche will not do the delivery since in North America is not yet set for sale and it is pending EPA certificate. Even though the cars are already being delivered in Europe. Bummer!

So, the build was pulled and pushed to later to match the European delivery of around July (at the earliest) or August (most likely). I'm waiting for final dates confirmation.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:27 PM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

I’m doing European delivery as well. Had a wedding in September so I’m trying to get it close to those dates. (Sadly long wait, but excited to pick it up there). So far I gave the dealer the dates but haven’t heard back anything yet. Anyone know how far out they confirm European delivery dates?
Old 04-11-2019, 12:01 PM
MacAna
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You guys don't realise how lucky you are. I've begged for Euro delivery, but they won't offer it to our region.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:31 PM
miglio
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pietrostone
992 S with RS 2.7...

Ciao Pietrostone,
as I told you I'm waiting here in Italy my 992.

Delivery in dealer is declared for 12th April ... Tomorrow.

Two answer for you

- Have you received the car with radioDAB included? ( now is integrated in the configurator)

- is the date precisely correct? They told me the porsche management app wrote 12 April... Do you think tomorrow they will call me or probably it's indicative?

Thank you
Old 04-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Christian S.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MacAna
You guys don't realise how lucky you are. I've begged for Euro delivery, but they won't offer it to our region.
Indeed. Same with the UK - Brexit or whatever has meant that no Factory collections are available.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:58 PM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian S.
Indeed. Same with the UK - Brexit or whatever has meant that no Factory collections are available.
Yea a hard exit for you guys would probably cause a hiccup (gross oversimplification) of exports to the UK. Even with a negotiated deal, it's still going to be a little weird.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Jdqt458
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Jdqt458; 04-11-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Deleted
Old 04-12-2019, 02:34 AM
Michael Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 63 Posts

Congrats to a 6k discount!!! Dealers here in Texas aren't offering any yet. Hopefully by the time the base is released they will be offering something.

Originally Posted by rest
Also in the waiting...

I started calling the dealers in January and locked my allocation early February.

As far as discounts, some dealers said flat-out no discounts on 992s. But, surprisingly, many were willing to compete for my business. I knew the level of discounts at this time will not be the same as next year or as time goes on, but I had already waited plenty for the 992 release and was also planning a European delivery vacation\road-trip for this year. So, I wasn't willing to wait another year and a half more since I would do the delivery in late spring\summer.

In any case, I was offered $6K off for standard US delivery or $4K for European delivery. So, I felt good with the 4K + European delivery this early in the 992 release.
Now, I'm in the SoCal area and there are plenty of Porsche dealers in the greater Southern California region, so your situation may vary.

With the EPA certs still pending and the on sale status also pending, the North America release date estimate is August (I have heard July at one time, but no one really can say for sure as it keeps changing).

The funny thing was that we were thinking that the European delivery could have happen in May since the schedule build was late April. But Porsche will not do the delivery since in North America is not yet set for sale and it is pending EPA certificate. Even though the cars are already being delivered in Europe. Bummer!

So, the build was pulled and pushed to later to match the European delivery of around July (at the earliest) or August (most likely). I'm waiting for final dates confirmation.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:19 AM
V10
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone heard anything about any production delays?

My cabriolet was due to be finished earlier this week but my dealer messaged me saying Porsche has ‘adjusted’ all 911 production units.

He has heard nothing more from the factory so can’t give any information about this.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:48 AM
Christian S.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine has been built, completed 12 days after its planned date.

Hopefully into the dealer here in the UK before the end of the month.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Peadsw
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 23 Posts

Same here, 3 weeks. My was due to week 27 and now its is week 30. Third time they changed it. I live in Scandinavia and gettin a convertible delivery in august is not optimal. Can maybe drive it for two month then put in the garage until april again.

Originally Posted by V10
Has anyone heard anything about any production delays?

My cabriolet was due to be finished earlier this week but my dealer messaged me saying Porsche has ‘adjusted’ all 911 production units.

He has heard nothing more from the factory so can’t give any information about this.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!