992 Sport Design Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 12:35 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by SDK Autos
Yes agree. Want sure about the sideskirts n
until I saw them in person. Love them.now.
I must admit though, the SD bumper looks good on black. Can’t see the “L”s on the corners as they blend in

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1143...sign-pack.html
Old 12-22-2019, 08:24 AM
Mercyhealth
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think most agree the front is a better look. The back oh well. Does anyone have an opinion about the Aerokit which has both front and back like the sports design with the fixed wing?
Old 12-22-2019, 08:39 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercyhealth
I think most agree the front is a better look. The back oh well. Does anyone have an opinion about the Aerokit which has both front and back like the sports design with the fixed wing?
The aero kit would certainly draw attention. It looks cool, but I don’t have a big enough personality to drive it in public.
The following users liked this post:
Mercyhealth (12-22-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 09:26 AM
Mercyhealth
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I fell in love with the 911 when my father brought home a 1974 targa. It took me a long time to afford these cars but now my stable is in good shape.
2020 992 C4S manual Aerokit (fun Car)
2008 997.1 turbo (daily driver)
2020 Cayenne S (wife’s car)
2016 Macan S (inclement weather car)
Old 12-22-2019, 09:26 AM
darkblack
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercyhealth
I think the Aerokit rear spoiler is too high up compared to the rest of the rear and too "in your face", which are both fine on a GT2 or GT3. Looks too much on regular 911. I would have loved it if the rear spoiler was more Turbo-esque, low and subtle. Personal opinion.
dhirm5 (01-18-2020)
Old 12-22-2019, 10:00 AM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 654 Likes on 302 Posts

Front & sides is my preference. Putting the tag in the middle of the bumper makes a weird hole between the tips below.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:53 AM
ST BERNARD
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Interesting that most people who have ordered a 992 don’t like the Sport Design. Here are the Stats, from a previous post, as to the percentage of people ordering Spts Design.
Side only 13%
Front only 3.3%
Package 10%
Also interesting that most of the Porsche Marketing material shows no Spts Design.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:18 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,136 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Originally Posted by ST BERNARD
Interesting that most people who have ordered a 992 don’t like the Sport Design. Here are the Stats, from a previous post, as to the percentage of people ordering Spts Design.
Side only 13%
Front only 3.3%
Package 10%
Also interesting that most of the Porsche Marketing material shows no Spts Design.
The standard front fascia looks great and shows off the width of the car. With both styles out in the wild, I am glad that I didn’t go the Sport Design route. Either option is fine, but for me, the standard front looks more “fresh”, whereas the Sport Design front looks like it was intended to placate those who wanted the more traditional look. Again, personal preference aside, you really can’t go wrong.

With that being said, the US spec rear Sport Design bumper with its license plate flanking bumper-ettes is a war crime. You’re not getting what you see in the configurator. No care or aesthetic consideration was granted to the final product. It’s so busy that it looks like something that Pontiac would do — triangle wedges have no business on the back of this car.
n4v4nod (12-22-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 01:05 PM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 419 Posts

Sport Design or Aerokit is a must
I went with Aerokit.
And with both choose sport design side skirts.
Old 12-22-2019, 02:38 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by detansinn
the US spec rear Sport Design bumper with its license plate flanking bumper-ettes is a war crime. You’re not getting what you see in the configurator. No care or aesthetic consideration was granted to the final product. It’s so busy that it looks like something that Pontiac would do — triangle wedges have no business on the back of this car.
Its almost as though they designed the rear specifically for Europe. Totally disregarding the U.S. with smaller plates. Go figure

detansinn (12-22-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 07:09 PM
MFC993
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
The standard front fascia looks great and shows off the width of the car. With both styles out in the wild, I am glad that I didn’t go the Sport Design route. Either option is fine, but for me, the standard front looks more “fresh”, whereas the Sport Design front looks like it was intended to placate those who wanted the more traditional look. Again, personal preference aside, you really can’t go wrong.

With that being said, the US spec rear Sport Design bumper with its license plate flanking bumper-ettes is a war crime. You’re not getting what you see in the configurator. No care or aesthetic consideration was granted to the final product. It’s so busy that it looks like something that Pontiac would do — triangle wedges have no business on the back of this car.
Agree
Standard front shows just how much width they have given the new car, especially the C2S
detansinn (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 08:33 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by InTgr8r
@ 9912c4 - Thanks for the pics!!
I wonder if they'll do anything different with the license plate opening for the N.American cars .
Our smaller plates will look lost in that big Euro plate opening.

heaven forbid that they add bumperetts on N.American cars
You called it
Old 12-23-2019, 09:40 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,866 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Originally Posted by jkautz
Its almost as though they designed the rear specifically for Europe. Totally disregarding the U.S. with smaller plates. Go figure

It's not the smaller plates that are the issue, it's how Porsche handles the US bumper regs. Plenty of other countries use the same size plates but have no 'bumperettes'.

And how come a 911 needs them but a VW Golf, from the same company, doesn't? Confused.....
Old 12-23-2019, 10:03 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aggie57
It's not the smaller plates that are the issue, it's how Porsche handles the US bumper regs. Plenty of other countries use the same size plates but have no 'bumperettes'.

And how come a 911 needs them but a VW Golf, from the same company, doesn't? Confused.....
Oh I definitely agree.. if they aren’t going to mold a smaller opening on the SD rear for the U.S... at least refrain from adding the bumperettes!
aggie57 (12-24-2019)
Old 01-18-2020, 03:25 PM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Just read this post , took me a long time ! I’ve been a P car guy for about a decade. I’ve owned 3 , driven a few dozen and currently own 992 and 964. I’m not an expert and certainly not a purist as my 991 and 964 have had plenty of mods that would upset many a porchephile. That said , I’m really surprised to see just how many complaints we all have about the new car. The SD package vs standard , the rear bumper , interior , the tach/ “blocked gauges”, one size now vs C2 vs C4 width , etc. Personally , I like the
esthetics of 991 over 992. The 997 is still better looking to me as is 964, 993. I’ll stop before we get to 996 - no offense to fried egg lovers. I dream of white / cocoa 996 turbo with the right RUF bits.
That said , looks will always be critical but does it not come down to the drive ? My 992 C2S blows the doors off of everything I’ve had in the past including 991.2 GTS. This car is the real deal and I simply love it. There are always things to quibble about but I have to laugh when people say we must force Porsche back to the drawing board and “fix” the SD package or rear quarter optics or lack of true tail pipes. They spend silly amounts of time and money on R&D with some talented and smart folks. Not that they are flawless and they cannot please everyone but hell, they please the hell out of me. I’m so grateful to be lucky enough to own more than 1. I know this is a friendly place where we can share all ideas - good and bad - I’m just surprised to see how much negativity is out there and wonder , for all those with such disdain for the new model , how much seat time have you had in one ? I’m on month 4 now so that’s a pretty good chunk. Aren’t too many things I can count on in life but one thing is for certain , every time I round a curve at speed in a P car , I am going to smile.
detansinn (01-18-2020)

Quick Reply: 992 Sport Design Package