Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Spoiler Error Message

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 10:56 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,177 Likes on 577 Posts

I have now driven from California back to Texas and the fault continues. I suspect the battery might be the issue so i am going to put it on my Schumacher charger when I arrive home.
Old 04-03-2023, 04:00 PM
MJA10
AutoX

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Spoiler Failure Error

After picking up my brand new TTS last October I had four instances of a Spoiler Failure Error. The first time was within 10 mins of picking the car up!! I took it back and the dealer checked it over but could find nothing wrong but unfortunately the error had not gone away.

On getting to the speed the rear spoiler normally raises it would go up about half way and then stick and didn't retract when speed was decreased. I firstly got a white error message confirming the error and then a second red warning about reducing speed. On the first three occasions I pulled over or stopped for fuel and when the car was restarted the error had resolved itself. The spoiler then worked normally with no error messages. On the last occasion the problem was more persistent and having pulled over the spoiler would not retract even with manual intervention using the PCM. After a few tries I gave up and just reduced speed. After parking the car for a couple of hours with the spoiler raised, I returned for the journey home and after a few minutes the spoiler retracted and then behaved normally all the way home!!

I went back to the dealer who took it in for further investigations. The problem turned out to be a faulty front spoiler control unit and compressor, at least that is what I was told. Apparently, the rear spoiler was struck in the raised position so as to counteract the failed front spoiler. The part cost a mere Ł1698 plus VAT but was of course replaced under warranty.

I hope you get yours fixed soon.
The following users liked this post:
eclou (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 04:09 PM
toni77
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
I have now driven from California back to Texas and the fault continues. I suspect the battery might be the issue so i am going to put it on my Schumacher charger when I arrive home.
Take into account that you have a lithium battery in your car and your charger need to support lithium batteries.
eclou (04-04-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 09:57 AM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by omalonzo
@eclou - the dealer ended up replacing the entire spoiler control unit during PDI. Coincidentally the spoiler error happened again (after the replacement unit) when I picked the car up from PPF (they had it for over 3 weeks). When I picked up the car, the PPF shop said they couldn't manually retract the spoiler. I drove it for a few minutes, it reset, then when I hit the freeway the error popped up. I went through a few cycles after that and it's never come back. It's been 2 months now and over 1K miles. There may end up being some kind of software update at some point in the future as many people are saying it happens intermittently. I have a number of other quirks I'm experiencing with my 2022 TTS that I'm noticing in addition to the spoiler issue.
can you elaborate on some of the other quirks?
Old 04-12-2023, 06:18 PM
omalonzo
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

@Billy Bluejay - On top of the initial spoiler error (which is no longer happening).
  1. Wireless CarPlay is buggy and sometimes cuts out. My iPhone has the latest software update and I've already disconnected / reconnected my account. Not sure if there's a software update coming. I just use Spotify directly through the music app in the PCM versus using it in wireless CarPlay.
  2. On 2 separate occasions in manual mode, it's failed to upshift from 1st to 2nd gear. Doesn't happen all the time and it's been over a month since it last happened. Looks like others have experienced this issue: https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turb...ft-fail-5.html. Not sure if there's a software update coming.
  3. My 12v socket / cigarette lighter always stays on, even after shutting off the ignition. I have a dash cam that's plugged into it and even after 1 hour after the car has been turned off, the 12v socket stays on. I was told by a few dealers that they made some changes to the behavior of this 12v socket in recent builds (mine is an Aug 2022) after people had challenges with keeping their battery maintainer on (you'd have to go through a series of steps to do so). Don't know if this is true and I just don't keep anything plugged into it after the car is shut off, unless it's the battery maintainer. I'm going to hardwire my dash camera to the fuse box.
That's it for now. Otherwise the car is amazing. I'm in agreement with everyone else though that these LifePO4 batteries are a little tricky and it's probably best to keep a battery maintainer on if you're letting the car sit for over a week.

Last edited by omalonzo; 04-12-2023 at 09:10 PM.
Billy Bluejay (04-12-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 08:09 PM
wotaskd
Rennlist Member

Received 219 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by omalonzo
I'm in agreement with everyone else though that this LifePO4 batteries are a little tricky and it's probably best to keep a battery maintainer on if you're letting the car sit for over a week.
Fully agree. Lazy me decided to leave the maintainer unplugged last time I went on a 3 week trip and I came back to a completely dead battery. The positive out of the whole experience was learning first hand how to get the frunk to open through an external 12V power source and some magical incantations. Seriously, how hard is it for Porsche to just use a mechanical switch???
Old 04-12-2023, 09:46 PM
992.Turbo.S
Instructor

Received 158 Likes on 83 Posts

Yeah. Well. I guess we’re all in training for the day when we’ll have to plug our EV’s in everyday.
Old 04-28-2023, 03:42 PM
991911c2s
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like I just started getting this issue. 2022 turbo s cab.
First time it happened, restarted the car and everything was back to normal, started to happen more and more frequently over the last week, now it seems to happen every 30 min of driving
Old 05-01-2023, 09:40 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 337 Likes on 197 Posts

make your call in to service dept - its an easy fix once they have the parts - ask for dhl shipping if possible to avoid the shipping lag time

2021 TTS Cab

Last edited by RD16RR; 05-01-2023 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-08-2023, 04:26 PM
weppner911T
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spoiler error and 12v on confirmation on later 992 models

[QUOTE=My 12v socket / cigarette lighter always stays on, even after shutting off the ignition. I have a dash cam that's plugged into it and even after 1 hour after the car has been turned off, the 12v socket stays on. I was told by a few dealers that they made some changes to the behavior of this 12v socket in recent builds (mine is an Aug 2022) after people had challenges with keeping their battery maintainer on (you'd have to go through a series of steps to do so). Don't know if this is true and I just don't keep anything plugged into it after the car is shut off, unless it's the battery maintainer. I'm going to hardwire my dash camera to the fuse box.That's it for now. Otherwise the car is amazing. I'm in agreement with everyone else though that these LifePO4 batteries are a little tricky and it's probably best to keep a battery maintainer on if you're letting the car sit for over a week.[/QUOTE]

I have a 2023 911 turbo and can confirm the battery tender using the 12v stays on. You no longer need to go through the extra steps to keep it on.

I also just got the rear spoiler error today on a spirited drive. Car has 2900’ish miles and is a CPO. I bought it with 2700 miles. Still have standard warranty and previous owner purchased the full warranty package and it carried over to me.

This post is helpful so wanted to confirm the 12v issue is resolved.
Old 08-08-2023, 04:29 PM
weppner911T
8th Gear

Default Spoiler error and 12v on confirmation on later 992 models

I have a 2023 911 turbo and can confirm the battery tender using the 12v stays on now. I don’t need to go through the extra steps to keep the charger powered. It was like this when I purchased it 2 weeks ago.

I also just got the rear spoiler error today on a spirited drive. Car has 2900’ish miles and is a CPO. I bought it with 2700 miles. Still have standard warranty and previous owner purchased the full warranty package and it carried over to me.

This post is helpful so wanted to confirm the 12v issue is resolved in newer models.
Old 10-05-2023, 06:50 AM
CanYorulmaz
2nd Gear

Default 992 Turbo S Spoiler error

Hi all recently got a new 992 Turbo S and having quite a few problems with it already. The most recent being that when I put the car into Sport Plus whereby the spoiler extends it comes up with a error saying “Spoiler fault Adapted driving permitted” if I speed up the warning turns red and says “reduce speed now”. I’ve booked it in with my local centre for 24/10/23 and waiting for the result. I’ve tried manually retracting the spoiler in the settings but the warning comes back up when the spoiler extends out again during driving. Really annoying to have issues like this on a brand new car. Has anyone experienced anything similar so any guidance would be appreciated greatly.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:17 AM
weppner911T
8th Gear

Originally Posted by CanYorulmaz
Hi all recently got a new 992 Turbo S and having quite a few problems with it already. The most recent being that when I put the car into Sport Plus whereby the spoiler extends it comes up with a error saying “Spoiler fault Adapted driving permitted” if I speed up the warning turns red and says “reduce speed now”. I’ve booked it in with my local centre for 24/10/23 and waiting for the result. I’ve tried manually retracting the spoiler in the settings but the warning comes back up when the spoiler extends out again during driving. Really annoying to have issues like this on a brand new car. Has anyone experienced anything similar so any guidance would be appreciated greatly.
same issue here. 2023 911 Turbo. Dealer couldn’t reproduce the problem after having the car for days and wouldn’t fix even though I had pictures. No codes were present. I had a CEL recently and scanning car today to see if it was the spoiler causing it. The problem is intermittent.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:58 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 337 Likes on 197 Posts

-- Spoiler Control Unit

-- Spoiler Driver Motor

not sure i have the part names right, but service dept will know

Both parts needed replacement: my 2021 TTS Cab @ 2400 miles -- took 3 weeks (parts ordered at different times, covid delays)

Spoiler Error Message - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Last edited by RD16RR; 10-05-2023 at 09:17 PM. Reason: x
Old 10-06-2023, 08:12 AM
weppner911T
8th Gear

Originally Posted by RD16RR
-- Spoiler Control Unit

-- Spoiler Driver Motor

not sure i have the part names right, but service dept will know

Both parts needed replacement: my 2021 TTS Cab @ 2400 miles -- took 3 weeks (parts ordered at different times, covid delays)

Spoiler Error Message - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
thank you, I’ll reference this when I return the car to the shop. I showed them this post before but it didn’t convince them to rip out parts and I don’t blame them.

I scanned the car and here’s what I got back from my Autel MX808S 2023 version. Note the rear spoiler was stuck open halfway when I ran the scan and the spoiler function test results. The scan was done first.

Note: I was amazed to see how high the spoiler raised during the test and it also turned inward as if it could be used as an air damn during braking like the Bugatti.

Quick Reply: Spoiler Error Message