Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Spoiler Error Message

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 08:11 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 757 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyG
You took delivery in the future? Are you Marty McFly?

LOL just giving you crap hope all these issues get resolved.
See that's just FUNNY
Old 04-14-2021, 08:22 AM
BIGJ
Instructor

Received 182 Likes on 70 Posts

I think my engine cut off 2 times while pulling into the garage to park it. Car just coasted in, unless it went into super quiet mode and Im losing my mind.
The following users liked this post:
RD16RR (04-14-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 12:14 AM
Johnny_C
Advanced

Received 65 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGJ
I think my engine cut off 2 times while pulling into the garage to park it. Car just coasted in, unless it went into super quiet mode and Im losing my mind.
I've noticed the auto-start/stop "feature" can shut off the engine before the car comes to a complete stop. You're not the only one. The first stoplight I encounter is always a good reminder to switch into Sport.
The following 4 users liked this post by Johnny_C:
AlexCeres (04-16-2021), BIGJ (04-16-2021), hcvone (04-16-2021), RD16RR (04-16-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 09:46 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 337 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny_C
I've noticed the auto-start/stop "feature" can shut off the engine before the car comes to a complete stop. You're not the only one. The first stoplight I encounter is always a good reminder to switch into Sport.
Yes...it seems that is what caused it - thanks for the input...
Old 08-27-2022, 10:15 AM
Nordschleifers
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

I get this regularly on my 992 TS. It either sticks up or sticks down. Sometimes it works perfectly but the error happens anyway.

Quick check by an engineer at Manthey in Nürburg suggests it’s actually a battery issue if some sort.

She’s off to the UK dealer for warranty check up next week.
Old 02-27-2023, 01:46 PM
omalonzo
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi @Nordschleifers - are you still seeing the spoiler issue? I had my entire spoiler control unit replaced before I picked up the car (while it was in Pre Delivery Inspection) and 2 months later, I'm seeing the issue again. I'm wondering if it's a software update at this point, if they even have one. I'm seeing others see this sporadically as well.
Old 02-27-2023, 03:36 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

there is the Control Unit and Driver Motor - check your work order to see if they listed both items - it is what my car needed @ 2,400miles - since then, no further issue @ 29,000 now
Old 02-27-2023, 03:46 PM
omalonzo
Intermediate

Thanks @RD16RR . I was told that they replaced both components (Spoiler Control Unit and Driver Motor) and it was working fine for about 1.5 months, but then the issue crept up again last week. It happened when the PPF shop left the spoiler up for a day while they were working on the car and then they couldn't manually get it to retract (the button greyed out). Seems to have gotten stuck in the interim position. After driving the car, the spoiler automatically retracted and then as I hit the freeway, I got the "Spoiler error, Adaptive driving permitted" in white and then the "Spoiler failure, Reduce speed" in red. Stopped the car, restarted and it went away completely. I've gone on a few drives and no issue. I have an appointment on Friday to bring it in to the dealer, but dreading it as I hope it doesn't take a few weeks to resolve.
RD16RR (02-27-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 03:51 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 864 Posts

Can you guys check your battery voltage when car is off? Use a multimeter. Should take 2 minutes tops.
Old 02-27-2023, 08:55 PM
omalonzo
Intermediate

@3-Pedals - I don't have a multimeter, but my car is hooked up to a CTEK battery maintainer and at ignition turn, the battery is at 13.2V. I just did a test (did this twice already) and after not starting the car for a day, I started it up and went to try and manually extend the spoiler. As I was holding the button (longer than 30 seconds), the message didn't prompt to say that the spoiler was fully extended. I exited out and the checkbox to extend the spoiler was grayed out, indicating that the "Function was not available." I went outside of the car to see that the rear spoiler was up (looked about halfway up and the front spoiler was not deployed). I shut the car off, started it again and it appeared that the spoiler function reset, since I was able to then extend the spoiler manually. I started the car a few more times after that and everything seemed to be working perfectly fine. It seems as though from a cold start (without starting for over 24 hours) there appears to be some kind of issue with the spoiler not being able to extend fully and while pressing the button from the PCM, it just gets stuck and nothing happens. Very strange behavior.

Last edited by omalonzo; 02-27-2023 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2023, 09:25 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

no doubt have the shop check it
Old 02-27-2023, 09:30 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 864 Posts

The voltage that the screen shows (in the car) isnt necessarily the voltage of the battery. I’m not sure how 992 911 is but in the case of cayenne, macan, panamera and other brands of cars (corvette, mustang, bmw), the voltage number is the what the alternator is producing. One way to interpret that number is the higher the number, the more depleted your battery was hence the alternator is having to put out more juice. For instance in my cayenne, the voltage after a cold start will always show 14.4 volts that gradually starts going down as the car is driven. As the drive starts transitioning to highway driving that number eventually drops all the way down to 12.7. If I stop the car when it was reading 12.7, wait 6-7 hours and start it again, now it will show 14.4. My 991.2 GT3RS is the same way.

Also once a module doesnt retrieve sufficient voltage, it may go into an unrecoverable/bad state, hence no matter what you do to charge/even replacing the battery isnt going to fix the wing.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:23 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,178 Likes on 578 Posts

I got my TTS today from the dealership and I have the spoiler error message too. I didn;t have it when I picked up the car in Stuttgart for euro delivery but now after a week of PPF work I have it. The rear stays deployed halfway or so up and errors flash every 20- 30 min. The rear then occasionally goes all the way up. I have no idea if the front is deployed at all but the front end feels light at speed. I driving back from California to Texas right now
Old 04-02-2023, 10:10 AM
omalonzo
Intermediate

@eclou - the dealer ended up replacing the entire spoiler control unit during PDI. Coincidentally the spoiler error happened again (after the replacement unit) when I picked the car up from PPF (they had it for over 3 weeks). When I picked up the car, the PPF shop said they couldn't manually retract the spoiler. I drove it for a few minutes, it reset, then when I hit the freeway the error popped up. I went through a few cycles after that and it's never come back. It's been 2 months now and over 1K miles. There may end up being some kind of software update at some point in the future as many people are saying it happens intermittently. I have a number of other quirks I'm experiencing with my 2022 TTS that I'm noticing in addition to the spoiler issue.
eclou (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 06:00 AM
toni77
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by omalonzo
@eclou - the dealer ended up replacing the entire spoiler control unit during PDI. Coincidentally the spoiler error happened again (after the replacement unit) when I picked the car up from PPF (they had it for over 3 weeks). When I picked up the car, the PPF shop said they couldn't manually retract the spoiler. I drove it for a few minutes, it reset, then when I hit the freeway the error popped up. I went through a few cycles after that and it's never come back. It's been 2 months now and over 1K miles. There may end up being some kind of software update at some point in the future as many people are saying it happens intermittently. I have a number of other quirks I'm experiencing with my 2022 TTS that I'm noticing in addition to the spoiler issue.
The same happened to me: the car gone low on battery at the PPF facility and I experienced spoiler errors for a few days. After having the car parked and on the battery tender I did some full manual extending / retracting cycles and since them everything seems to be working ok. I think for these cars its very important to have the battery at a healthy voltage or strange things happen.

Last edited by toni77; 04-03-2023 at 05:59 PM.
eclou (04-03-2023)

Quick Reply: Spoiler Error Message