Sponsored by:

2023 911 GT3 RS - The Quest…

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 10:12 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,290 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
progress - Crystal Ray is anchored in the "waiting room" for the Panama Canal - I'm sure it will only be there for 2-3 months…
An amazing journey thus far Dave.
Did you **** someone off real bad in a previous life?

The latest reports that I've read indicate that the 3-day crossing of the Panama Canal is now taking close to 10 days and even 16 days given delays.
Perhaps we should make this "fun" and have a pool on when your RS arrives in Port?

Winner wins some nice aluminum look oil and coolant caps from Suncoast.
$10 gets you admission to the pool and one pick of a date on the calendar. Any excess proceeds above the cost of the oil and coolant caps goes to Dave's favorite charity?

The following users liked this post:
daveo4porsche (11-14-2023)
Old 11-14-2023, 10:32 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,968 Likes on 1,926 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
An amazing journey thus far Dave.
Did you **** someone off real bad in a previous life?

The latest reports that I've read indicate that the 3-day crossing of the Panama Canal is now taking close to 10 days and even 16 days given delays.
Perhaps we should make this "fun" and have a pool on when your RS arrives in Port?

Winner wins some nice aluminum look oil and coolant caps from Suncoast.
$10 gets you admission to the pool and one pick of a date on the calendar. Any excess proceeds above the cost of the oil and coolant caps goes to Dave's favorite charity?
this is a great idea - but let's just skip the pool too hard to adminster

everyone donate to one of the following choices:My wife and I have supported 2nd harvest for years - they do good work and help directly in the local community. North America as a general rule has enough food to feed everyone and yet there are hungry people in all local communities. I just believe people shouldn't go hungry in an situation where I can worry about the delivery date of a luxury automobile.

I've put my money where my mouth is and donated this morning - because it was a such a good idea from @Diablo Dude - thanks giving is coming - let's make sure some people get their meals! For about the cost of filling up your GT3 you can supply 100's of meals to those less fortunate in your local community!

The following 4 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
AlexCeres (11-14-2023), Diablo Dude (11-14-2023), dixonk (11-23-2023), rodsky (11-14-2023)
Old 11-14-2023, 02:03 PM
ProtechpartsEU
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 80 Posts

great content
daveo4porsche (11-14-2023)
Old 11-15-2023, 09:01 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

after a 1 day who knows why delay and sight seeing stop at the entrance to the Panama Canal I woke up this morning to check on my boat - and coincidentally it literally had just started making it's way to the 1st set of locks on the Atlantic side - so we're back to moving…I should be able to get to photos of the boat in the locks from the Panama Canal webcams…family is coming into town for thanksgiving…that will at least distract me a bit from this obsession.
The following 2 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
Diablo Dude (11-15-2023), PHX (11-15-2023)
Old 11-15-2023, 09:16 AM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 701 Likes on 452 Posts

after a 1 day who knows why delay and sight seeing stop at the entrance to the Panama Canal I woke up this morning to check on my boat - and coincidentally it literally had just started making it's way to the 1st set of locks on the Atlantic side - so we're back to moving…I should be able to get to photos of the boat in the locks from the Panama Canal webcams…family is coming into town for thanksgiving…that will at least distract me a bit from this obsession.
As you refresh your browser every 5 minutes and check the ship's status in between snacks and fun...LOL
daveo4porsche (11-15-2023)
Old 11-15-2023, 11:38 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

the Crystal Ray has now cleared the first locks (atlantic side) and in 4-7 hours will do the same at the Pacific Ocean locks - my curiosity at this point is what is it's next stop? I have seen VW/Audi/Porsche boats make stops at the folowing ports before Benica:
  • Mexico
  • San Diego
  • Los Angeles/Long Beach
  • Oxnard
each stop adds 1-2 days - the week 42 schedule has the Crystal Ray stopping at San Diego and then Benica - but that schedule does not match TYD dates and it does not list stops that I KNOW for a fact Crystal Ray actually stopped at on it's current voyage (1 days on the East Coast, and a stop after Emden that we know it made) - so the published schedule conflicts with know facts (or is only partially accurate) - once it clears the canal and gets into open ocean the online marine vessel tracking sites should show us it's next destination and ETA…

finger's crossed for pre-XMAS delviery.

Old 11-15-2023, 12:26 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

this will be extra delay - but at least it seems like the fix is already available - so just additional PDI steps - hopefully not too much of a delay - and I think one of our forum co-member @hyperion already had this recall software update applied - but I think 'saga' is an appropriate term here for this experience…

https://apple.news/AOijAfqjfSEqCQdgWHtEqTA

2021 - 2023 vehicles w/Sports Bucket seats have twitchy airbags - they may deploy when "unwarranted" - so there is a software fix for this…

the goose needs more sauce…

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 11-15-2023 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:35 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

well thank the universe for small miracles - one side benefit of my car being in "for repair" is it appears if there was a recall - it's already been applied to my RS…

911 GT3 RS (VIN: WP0AF2A91PS2XXXXX)
Last updated Nov 15,2023
Recalls
There are currently no open recalls for this vehicle.
I'm pretty sure this is the same recall @hyperion had to have done to his RS during his eurodelivery…big thanks to @hyperion for taking the bullet on this one for all of us and getting that recall tested on production vehicles…
Old 11-15-2023, 08:06 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

now that it has cleared the Panama Canal (yeah!!!!) - my boats next stop is…
Spoiler

you can't make this stuff up.

it will get here eventually.

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 11-16-2023 at 03:22 PM.
mthreat (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 01:12 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,046 Likes on 5,250 Posts

Spoiler

You need to stop checking.

It's just like how a pot of water never boils if you're staring at it.
daveo4porsche (11-16-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 10:56 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Spoiler

we have left Ecuador - 11/21 @ Mexico port - at least it's heading the right direction…
Old 11-18-2023, 05:52 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,290 Likes on 1,277 Posts

I believe my Touring stopped in Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico as well.
daveo4porsche (11-18-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 02:13 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

we have left Ecuador - 11/21 @ Mexico port - at least it's heading the right direction…
RESULT!!!!!! Next stop Benicia! this is my local port

if estimates are accurate my vehicle will be in benicia at 7 pm sunday local time - and sitting in a local partking lot in California by noon on monday the 27th (local time) - from there it could be 3 to 18 days to get to my dealer for PDI - my friends car sat in the benicia parking for 2.5 weeks…and then eventually meandered the 63 miles to Porsche of Steven's creek - once there it was PDI'd in 2 days - and then a problem was found it was fixed once parts arrived…he is now in possession of the vehicle - I hope not to be too far behind him.

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 11-22-2023 at 07:31 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
ADgts40 (11-22-2023), AtTheGlen (11-22-2023), Diablo Dude (11-22-2023), mthreat (11-22-2023), PHX (11-23-2023), rodsky (11-22-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-23-2023, 09:24 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,046 Likes on 5,250 Posts

RESULT!!!!!! Next stop Benicia! this is my local port

if estimates are accurate my vehicle will be in benicia at 7 pm sunday local time - and sitting in a local partking lot in California by noon on monday the 27th (local time) - from there it could be 3 to 18 days to get to my dealer for PDI - my friends car sat in the benicia parking for 2.5 weeks…and then eventually meandered the 63 miles to Porsche of Steven's creek - once there it was PDI'd in 2 days - and then a problem was found it was fixed once parts arrived…he is now in possession of the vehicle - I hope not to be too far behind him.

This is honestly like watching grass grow in a drought.

Best of luck Dave.
daveo4porsche (11-23-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 06:23 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

things that make you go hmmmmmmm…(in other words 100% wild *** speculation follows in this post)

back in September when I got home from my partial euro-delivery - when I asked Porsche for status on my vehicle/repair - they replied with the the following written statement:
Your GT3 RS has arrived in Stuttgart Zuffenhausen and has already been disassembled.

Due to a leakage, liquid entered the motor compartment.
The specific parts have been ordered and they are waiting for them to be delivered.
that was on/about Sept 15th +/-

fast forward - and now we have the following recall…

Vehicle type:
911 GT3 RS (992)

Concerns:
Upper part of oil filler neck

Cause:
An oil filler neck was installed on the affected vehicles: with its design, there is a possibility that the oil filler cap may not be screwed-on properly.

If the oil filler cap is not screwed properly, it is possible that engine oil could enter the service area of the engine compartment via the oil filler neck during vehicle operation.
called my service "guy" - he said new recall is as of Nov. 15th

so my problem was "fluid entered the motor compartment" - and less than two months later there is a recall addressing a concern about "fluid entering" the motor compartment - releated???? we will never know but it makes one wonder…now if my car had oil spewed all over it due to a loose oil cap (something likely for a new car leaving the factory if the cap was improperly tightened) that would be plausible for a "fluid in the motor compartment" and a need to "disassemble" the vehicle to clean it up - I'm wondering if they 'released' it knowing a service part would be available by the time my dealership received the car for delivery…

in the mean time my boat is heading the wrong direction but it's in the right harbor - it seems to be going to a holding position in the SF Bay - rather than heading straight to the unloading dock…we'll see where it ends up…

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 11-28-2023 at 01:04 AM.
Diablo Dude (11-27-2023)

Quick Reply: 2023 911 GT3 RS - The Quest…