Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 911 GT3 RS - The Quest…

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2023 | 10:32 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
update this morning from Torture-your-Depreciable-Asset (TYD) customer porsche ID portal - car is at the German port!!! So I think we're now back on a "normal" path - so from here on out it's just normal delivery to North America - TYD says mid-december at my local Porsche dealer - the entire delay is going to be about 40 days +/- vs. the "ideal" best case - my buddies GT3-T is due Nov. 5th +/-…so that would've been best case…

but I'm happy now that the car appears to be on it's way

it's been impossible to get any status from Porsche on this whole thing - but now that's back on a normal path I should no longer need status.

car's top speed is 184 mph - but it took two weeks to cover the distance from Stuttgart to Emden…must lacked unrestricted autobahn…

hmmm - boat fire or sinking anyone?

finger's crossed.
it's on a boat!!!

in California on 11/21 according to TYD!!! Woot!

unconfirmed - but the _ONLY_ boat that fits the data for what boat my car could be on is the Crystal Ray…we'll see - @Horstair is your GT4 RS on the move?

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 10-21-2023 at 11:41 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
CDACH (11-09-2023), crbiker (10-22-2023), mthreat (10-22-2023), usctrojanGT3 (10-21-2023)
Old 10-22-2023 | 04:41 AM
magnus89
Instructor

Thanks for sharing this excellent thread, your attitude is great and I'm glad you had an enjoyable trip with your friend and daughter in spite of the setbacks! I've also ordered my Cayman through Stevens Creek (shark blue like your loaner, but with the extra couple cylinders), and I will take delivery in Zuffenhausen 11/22. I hope to see your car around at some local meets soon!

Last edited by magnus89; 10-22-2023 at 04:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
daveo4porsche (11-06-2023)
Old 10-22-2023 | 12:03 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

I now believe I'm on the supremeAce - left emden midnight Oct. 21st, I got eMail about 5 pm Oct. 21st, and next stop for the SupremeAce is Halifax canada - also current location of the SupremeAce is a better match for the TYD map location of my car
Old 10-22-2023 | 12:28 PM
Horstair
Racer

Good news, Im happy for you Dave!👍.
No email for my 4RS, just deafening silence from Leipzig -which I contacted- and Atlanta -which is mad at me because I told them Porsche's communication is terrible and the whole ED process needs to be "reworked"...😪. So no idea where my car is, probably collecting dust and soon snow at Emden...
Old 10-22-2023 | 12:43 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Horstair
Good news, Im happy for you Dave!👍.
No email for my 4RS, just deafening silence from Leipzig -which I contacted- and Atlanta -which is mad at me because I told them Porsche's communication is terrible and the whole ED process needs to be "reworked"...😪. So no idea where my car is, probably collecting dust and soon snow at Emden...
have you checked "track your dream" - that's how I found out about mine
Old 10-22-2023 | 01:30 PM
bmyersemail
1st Gear

I now believe I'm on the supremeAce - left emden midnight Oct. 21st, I got eMail about 5 pm Oct. 21st, and next stop for the SupremeAce is Halifax canada - also current location of the SupremeAce is a better match for the TYD map location of my car
Happy for you. Thank you for your write ups. I'm thinking about a European delivery if I ever am able to get an allocation....

I just bought a 2023 GT3 Touring from Arsen at Stevens Creek (it had 600 miles on it- prior owner traded it in for a GT3 allocation). Love the car- I went from a 2021 4S and there is just no comparison. I really like the guys at Stevens Creek- they have treated me very well.

I'm way down the food chain from you both in the number of Porsches owned and driving ability-I'm taking the GT3 Master class at PECLA and I have a ways to go. I'll probably take the intermediate and advanced courses at Birmingham in the next few year, though they don't have many of the advanced courses available.

The GT3 Touring is such a stable platform. It is just a dream to drive. I haven't and probably won't track this one, and I'm trying to figure out what makes sense for me next. But it's clear that this is way more car than my abilities can handle and that I need to grow into it.

Apologies for the thread drift. Again, I really appreciated your posts-Arsen keeps telling me that I should go for a European delivery if I get an allocation and your story confirmed that.

And I must say that you have handle the problem with your RS like a true gentleman. I'm not sure that I would have been as accepting, but in the end your approach has been the right one. As they say, always take the high road.

Thanks again for your posts. And FWIW, I enjoyed your long post much more than the Chat GTP summary!!!
daveo4porsche (10-22-2023)
Old 10-22-2023 | 10:20 PM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Default Great That The Reports Are Coming In!

Thanks for continuing to update us on your GT3 RS’s journey. With each post I think: “Yes. More material for an article in your local PCA region’s magazine.” I recall your mentioning that Porsche might not look favorably on an article about a halo car’s failure to pass final inspection, but as was just posted, you have taken the high road and told a fascinating story along the way. Your saga isn’t just about the car, it covered family, friends, travel experiences and coffee mugs. I could see your saga published in your region’s magazine in a few monthly installlments but with a spoiler at the beginning that indicates that the car arrived and all is well that (looks as if it) will end well. My region is always looking for members’ articles for our Orange Coast Region’s Pando magazine, I’m sure yours is too!

The “Shipping Schedule Emden - USA” thread on this forum has good information about shipping. I took a SWAG about the ship my car was on based on the VW shipping schedules in and out of Emden, and while waiting to hear back from the dealer, I confirmed the ship’s name using an F12 hack described on the thread at message #2530 on 9/22/23, and another post at #2546 and 10/6/23 (reportedly requires the Google Chrome browser). V999 posted that the icon track on TYD is actually pre-programmed into TYD vs. it actually being a real-time location. That said, for the times when my shipped was tracked on VesselFinder.com, the icon was tracking in approximately the same location. So when I was not able to track my ship on VesselFinder.com when it was far from land, the TYD icon was close enough. I used both TYD and VesseFinder.com to grab a couple screenshots of the boat passing through the Panama Canal at https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/...iraflores.html. Using the F12 hack, I was able to confirm that I had three, not four photos and the route coordinates are there along with plenty of undecipherable information.

All the best as your saga steams toward the climax - the final chapter in December (followed, of course, by track-day reports!).
daveo4porsche (10-22-2023)
Old 10-26-2023 | 04:19 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Porsche has suggested/confirmed my vehicle is on the Crystal Ray - TYD dates suggest 11/21 "in your local port" - this data conflicts with the published port schedule for the Crystal Ray - Porsche told me car will be in port 11/29 (another conflict/variation from TYD data and published shipping data) - so we're not sure what the actual dates are - but I'm pretty sure I should receive the vehicle before the end of the year and hopefully in early december - but honestly I'm sure some one know, but I've yet to contact that person successfully

I'm not quite sure why this stuff is that opaque and lacks transparency - but it does and I'll have to settle.

my buddie's GT3 touring is chilling in SFO bay right now at a dock where the car very well could be offloaded, but it's not being offloaded for some reason - and the boat containing his car need to make a trivial journey from the SFO dock to Benicia where it will most likely be offloaded - but I'm told that Benica is closed for "annual audit" so there may be delay's receiving any vehicle's until after 11/02 - but his car is mostly likely on track for delivery before thanksgiving…

in the mean time the Crystal Ray is chilling and sailing in circles off the southern coast of england and doesn't seem to understand that it has _MY_ GT3 RS on it and that I NEED IT NOW - my phone calls and eMail', flowers, cards and letters and mild threats to the ship's captain have gone unanswered and for some reason they seem to feel I'm unimportant - I'll have to discuss that with my therapist this week, as this is a philosophy that I can not afford to spread to other's opinions of me…I mean don't they know who I am? sheesh - it's almost enough to make someone revisit their own world view and sense of self worth if I can't manifest my personal desires, biases, and goals onto and into a world wide supply chain logistics system…how hard could it be?

next stop seems to be somewhere on the east coast - we'll see when the boat gets there - maybe I can get pictures of my boat going through the canal - that's something to look forward to...

we're entering the holidays - I hope everyone has had a good year and spend time with family and friends…

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 10-27-2023 at 01:27 PM.
cwbrown (11-10-2023), lockie (10-26-2023), mthreat (10-30-2023), PHX (10-26-2023)
Old 11-09-2023 | 04:52 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

boat arrived east coast - stayed less than 8 hours (shortest stay in a port in over 18 months) - is now on it's way to panama canal entrance - woot!!! Nov. 14th 10 am UTC is expected ETA to canal entrance - progress progress progress - I'll take it! Finger's 🤞

11/21 in port according to TYD
11/30 @ dealership according to TYD

fingers 🤞
Diablo Dude (11-09-2023), Mr Mojo Risin (11-10-2023), mthreat (11-09-2023), PHX (11-10-2023)
Old 11-10-2023 | 09:39 AM
PHX
Burning Brakes

boat arrived east coast - stayed less than 8 hours (shortest stay in a port in over 18 months) - is now on it's way to panama canal entrance - woot!!! Nov. 14th 10 am UTC is expected ETA to canal entrance - progress progress progress - I'll take it! Finger's 🤞

fingers 🤞
What's the over/under on that that you're tossing out there?
daveo4porsche (11-10-2023)
Old 11-10-2023 | 12:17 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

fingers 🤞
Let's hope that drought at the Panama Canal doesn't affect things ... fingers crossed.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
daveo4porsche (11-10-2023), Diablo Dude (11-10-2023)
Old 11-10-2023 | 01:11 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHX
What's the over/under on that that you're tossing out there?
I'm simply hoping for pre-Christmas…Porsche's logistics around this entire affair have not impressed me.
PHX (11-11-2023)
Old 11-10-2023 | 01:48 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Let's hope that drought at the Panama Canal doesn't affect things ... fingers crossed.
Excellent point.

It's so clogged up that I read about a Japanese shipping company that paid $4 million to jump the line.
Booking slots are being progressively reduced from 25 vessels per day to only 18. That's only HALF the number of vessels normally allowed to traverse the canal per day.

Panama Canal so Clogged Shipping Company Paid $4M to Jump the Line (businessinsider.com)

daveo4porsche (11-10-2023)
Old 11-10-2023 | 02:00 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Excellent point.

It's so clogged up that I read about a Japanese shipping company that paid $4 million to jump the line.
Booking slots are being progressively reduced from 25 vessels per day to only 18. That's only HALF the number of vessels normally allowed to traverse the canal per day.

Panama Canal so Clogged Shipping Company Paid $4M to Jump the Line (businessinsider.com)
I will feel better once it's through the canal - I hope to get pics of the boat from canal webcams

ETA at canal is Nov. 14th…
Old 11-14-2023 | 09:56 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

progress - Crystal Ray is anchored in the "waiting room" for the Panama Canal - I'm sure it will only be there for 2-3 months…

Quick Reply: 2023 911 GT3 RS - The Quest…