Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Exhaust 992 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2024, 06:32 AM
AbsolutelyNobody
Racer

Received 298 Likes on 118 Posts

I have a used BC Fabs inconel exhaust for sale. It's valved with silencers and fits cars with monitored OPF. Please PM if interested, thanks.
Old 09-17-2024, 05:08 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,423 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by Biglife
Has anyone removed the stock exhaust on an RS and swapped it for an aftermarket without taking the rear bumper off?
We do them wout removing the bumpers

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 09-19-2024, 12:50 PM
dieselino
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by AbsolutelyNobody
I have a used BC Fabs inconel exhaust for sale. It's valved with silencers and fits cars with monitored OPF. Please PM if interested, thanks.
Yes, much easier if you remove the headers. They are super easy to remove. Better than removing the rear bumper.
Old 09-19-2024, 10:57 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 113 Posts

Why are you selling it? Don’t like it? Going with something else? Getting rid off the car?
Old 09-20-2024, 12:24 PM
AbsolutelyNobody
Racer

Received 298 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by fskof
Why are you selling it? Don’t like it? Going with something else? Getting rid off the car?
It just didn't suit the kind of driving I do I guess. I daily my car and spend a lot of time in the 2-3K RPM range and I found the exhaust a bit too loud for me day to day. On the track though and when driving it hard it sounds absolutely nuts. If I weren't so lazy I'd install the exhaust just for track days and then take it off after. I also felt bad kind of bad for my neighbours when I cold started the car late at night and car alarms would go off... didn't want to be known as that guy lol.

If this were just a weekend toy or track car I'd 100% leave the exhaust on.
Old 09-22-2024, 02:06 PM
landila
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Has anyone done soul valve delete and OPF delete? Can you comment on how loud that is to daily? Ordered the valve delete and wondering if i should have gone Cargraphic.
Also looking to see if someone knows a shop in the Austin TX area for OPF removal. Otherwise thinking of doing it myself.
Are there any videos or does someone have insight on removing the headers - read someone it's difficult because they need to be torqued and heat soaked?
Old 09-23-2024, 02:48 AM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 147 Posts

I have the Kline inconel back box plus cargraphic valve controller , I think it is perfect and fits a Gt3 touring . Full open all the time , the car is loud but not obnoxious!

Last edited by hashash; 09-23-2024 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-23-2024, 02:07 PM
landila
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Any guides on taking the headers off to remove OPF and best way to do that?
Old 09-24-2024, 01:05 PM
SilverTT
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by landila
Any guides on taking the headers off to remove OPF and best way to do that?
Here is a video which shows removal of the OPF filters. Not a techincal step by step but you basically just loosen / remove the headers and then chisel out the OPF filters.

Old 09-24-2024, 01:11 PM
SilverTT
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

It just didn't suit the kind of driving I do I guess. I daily my car and spend a lot of time in the 2-3K RPM range and I found the exhaust a bit too loud for me day to day. On the track though and when driving it hard it sounds absolutely nuts. If I weren't so lazy I'd install the exhaust just for track days and then take it off after. I also felt bad kind of bad for my neighbours when I cold started the car late at night and car alarms would go off... didn't want to be known as that guy lol.

If this were just a weekend toy or track car I'd 100% leave the exhaust on.
I also have the BC Fabs Inconel / Titanium valved exhaust. I think its amazing. As AbsolutelyNobody says, it does raise the volume a bit over stock but I find in "normal" mode it is just barely louder. In Sport and Track its significantly louder and you just hear so much more of the engine and rev range. I love it. Wouldn't go back to stock as it was way too boring for me stock and I always found myself ripping over 5,000 RPM just to hear the stock exhaust start to make any sound. And with the BC Fabs you get a lot more sound, particularly on low speed downshifts, even in the 2-4k range which I love. Will get a GoPro hooked up soon and do some videos but here is a great video overview. If you just want to jump to the best sound clips, fast forward to 7:37 in the below video.

Last edited by SilverTT; 09-25-2024 at 07:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AbsolutelyNobody (09-24-2024)
Old 09-26-2024, 01:41 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverTT
Here is a video which shows removal of the OPF filters. Not a techincal step by step but you basically just loosen / remove the headers and then chisel out the OPF filters.

https://youtu.be/d3s5iSLz6og?si=r_9sQxoAlp7jCBoK
Instead of chipping out the OPF I recommend using an electric hack saw and cutting out the fiberglass packing. It will then drop out in one solid piece and you don’t risk damaging the cats which are fairly close behind it. It’s also faster and doesn’t make as much of a mess.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust 992 GT3