Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Exhaust 992 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 10:55 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by nmattioni
Here is a thought, let me know your opinions, I would like the most bang for my buck to get a more aggressive sound over stock. I tend to trade cars more frequently than most so I need an easy flip back to stock if need be to turn in to dealer. The dealer probably wouldnt like it if I have chipped out the OPFs, but this does sound like the most economical option, but my thought was if I already have the headers off why not just change the headers out with high flow cats which eliminates the OPFs, for around $4-5k and leave the stock catback. This way I probably pick up at least 15hp as well as get the sound I want. A catback valved system would be as much or more and wouldn’t get much of a HP gain. Has anyone done this and thoughts? This would also be an easy switch back to stock if needed
what did u end up doing ? any advise
Old 01-11-2024, 12:27 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 370 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman
what did u end up doing ? any advise
you’re 3RS doesn’t have monitored OPF. We have the best solution…. And you already know what to expect….
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
The following users liked this post:
Brian Himmelman (01-11-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 09:23 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 134 Posts

Went with OPF delete, Soul Valve Delete, and Akrapovic link pipes with rear section. The Akrapovic exhaust is really beautiful and looks great on the car. Flawless engineering for sure.

My feedback is that it does sound deep and with the OPF delete has a little bit more of personality to it. Very happy with this setup.

As I generally trade in cars every two years, I wanted to finally try Dundon on a GT3 while I own one… so for this next car season coming up in a month or two (I live in cold weather CT)…

I was thinking of swapping out and going with the Dundon Headers with the valved system, just not sure if it’s going to be the stainless, titanium, or mini-crack. I’m just not sure I could swing the full cost of the titanium loud version.

I’m surprised the stainless option isn’t the most selected with Dundon in these forums.

All that being said, as soon as I talk with Dundon or figure out what my local performance shop recommends, I’ll be posting the soul valve deletes and Akrapovic exhaust in the Rennlsit marketplace. FYI.

Brian Himmelman (02-10-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 09:32 AM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by APEX GT3
Went with OPF delete, Soul Valve Delete, and Akrapovic link pipes with rear section. The Akrapovic exhaust is really beautiful and looks great on the car. Flawless engineering for sure.

My feedback is that it does sound deep and with the OPF delete has a little bit more of personality to it. Very happy with this setup.

As I generally trade in cars every two years, I wanted to finally try Dundon on a GT3 while I own one… so for this next car season coming up in a month or two (I live in cold weather CT)…

I was thinking of swapping out and going with the Dundon Headers with the valved system, just not sure if it’s going to be the stainless, titanium, or mini-crack. I’m just not sure I could swing the full cost of the titanium loud version.

I’m surprised the stainless option isn’t the most selected with Dundon in these forums.

All that being said, as soon as I talk with Dundon or figure out what my local performance shop recommends, I’ll be posting the soul valve deletes and Akrapovic exhaust in the Rennlsit marketplace. FYI.
I’m in NYC - interested in the Akrapovic exhaust (not sure about the soul valve deletes though)
APEX GT3 (02-10-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 09:43 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by av12345
I’m in NYC - interested in the Akrapovic exhaust (not sure about the soul valve deletes though)
Ok cool. I’ll have to start getting a quote on the Dundon stuff sooner than later. We are local, so that makes things much easier. I’d just throw in the valve deletes for you if you wanted to try them out. It’s easy to plug them in and unplug.
ill DM u.
av12345 (02-10-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 10:38 AM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 590 Posts

Are you guys getting an exhaust valve reset done after the exhaust install ? Mine threw a check engine light after a few start ups and I am assuming thats what the issue is.
Old 02-10-2024, 11:42 AM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3 Mike
Are you guys getting an exhaust valve reset done after the exhaust install ? Mine threw a check engine light after a few start ups and I am assuming thats what the issue is.
yes, on both installs I needed recalibrate the valve movement (or get a valve delete option like cargraphic of soul) and if you do high flow cats 200cel, you’ll also need to reset the airflow monitoring as to not throw a code. Any Porsche performance shop can do this easily.
GT3 Mike (02-10-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 12:55 PM
AbsolutelyNobody
Racer

Received 293 Likes on 117 Posts

Have there been people that have installed exhausts without having to recalibrate anything? I just ordered the BC Fabs rear exhaust and was hoping to not have to go to the dealer since they're not very mod friendly. Are there any tips or tricks to get the valves lined up properly without needing calibration or is it always required?
Old 02-10-2024, 01:07 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by AbsolutelyNobody
Have there been people that have installed exhausts without having to recalibrate anything? I just ordered the BC Fabs rear exhaust and was hoping to not have to go to the dealer since they're not very mod friendly. Are there any tips or tricks to get the valves lined up properly without needing calibration or is it always required?
i did not need to reprogram valves and either did my friend with the bc rear pipe. A third guy had to recalibrate in the winter but not right away. Even if you dont get a cel i would calibrate it anyway because if the valves are not equal on both sides it may drone a bit more (but it may not). I used a valve controller because i ran straight pipi so i didnt care 😂
Old 02-10-2024, 04:26 PM
AbsolutelyNobody
Racer

Received 293 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
i did not need to reprogram valves and either did my friend with the bc rear pipe. A third guy had to recalibrate in the winter but not right away. Even if you dont get a cel i would calibrate it anyway because if the valves are not equal on both sides it may drone a bit more (but it may not). I used a valve controller because i ran straight pipi so i didnt care 😂
Thanks, good to know. Hopefully I won't have to recalibrate mine either.
Old 02-10-2024, 09:49 PM
GT3 Mike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 590 Posts

yes, on both installs I needed recalibrate the valve movement (or get a valve delete option like cargraphic of soul) and if you do high flow cats 200cel, you’ll also need to reset the airflow monitoring as to not throw a code. Any Porsche performance shop can do this easily.
The local Porsche dealer is charging me $250 to do the reset.
Old 02-10-2024, 10:49 PM
APEX GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3 Mike
The local Porsche dealer is charging me $250 to do the reset.
if you’re in the NorthEast LMK. If not… $250 may be the outcome. :/
Old 02-11-2024, 04:46 AM
hyperion
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 23 Posts

+1 on this. I had to recalibrate with the Dundon long tube setup. The local P dealer did this for me, although the Dundon team was really helpful getting the appointment setup on the same day as the install.

The sound is outstanding. I went with Ti (loud insert) and it makes the car into a supercar overnight. The RS stock is just too tame, this setup is what it should have been from the factory and gives the Italian boys a run for their money.

-hyp
Old 02-11-2024, 01:12 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by hyperion
+1 on this. I had to recalibrate with the Dundon long tube setup. The local P dealer did this for me, although the Dundon team was really helpful getting the appointment setup on the same day as the install.

The sound is outstanding. I went with Ti (loud insert) and it makes the car into a supercar overnight. The RS stock is just too tame, this setup is what it should have been from the factory and gives the Italian boys a run for their money.

-hyp
Glad you’re loving it!

So others aren’t confused the electronic valves have to be recalibrated using a PIWIS. This is a normal maintenance operation, not a tune, etc…. (Others have called adamantly telling us our system requires a tune as they read it on Rennlist…. . )
Old 02-11-2024, 01:14 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Happy to help you decide!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust 992 GT3