Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 08:16 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
the only people getting MSRP cars have likely committed or bought over 1M worth of cars along the way with dealers. I'm still getting approached by people who cannot find allocations
Also if you dont get an allocation you can order a different car.

I think if your getting RS you should be tracking.

But what do i Know...
The following 4 users liked this post by richk:
Bossing (03-16-2023), C.J. Ichiban (03-05-2023), smarouli (03-03-2023), usctrojanGT3 (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 12:10 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Ordering steel and get ST once the car is here.
Had them on both 991RS, but now there is also a company refurbishing oem rotors.
First I have heard of the OEMs being able to be refurbed. Would love to read about that one. Link?
Old 02-13-2023, 12:47 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,506 Likes on 2,564 Posts

Originally Posted by Hinz Motorsport
For anyone who can't get PCCB, Surface Transforms "ST" is already shipping fitments for 992 GT3/GT3RS customers. ST offers a 408x36 front with a 380x32mm rear (stock sizes, no spacers required!). You use your stock calipers with the PCCB pad shape. The recommended RSC1 pads coupled with these discs are noiseless and dustless on the street and very capable on track. This setup saves a massive 48lbs of unsprung, rotating mass over the stock iron discs. Lots of folks going this route and are very pleased.

For those with PCCB who will be tracking their cars alot, ST has discs available for you as well. These will be 410x36mm front with 390x36mm rear (stock sizes). I can ship globally and offer the best pricing. Please contact me if you have any questions at all. Thanks.
Is the 4-5k track miles rotor life based on having done three refurbishments?
Old 02-13-2023, 02:31 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Are the Hats the same for the RS? I thought there was a bit of a difference between the GT3 and the RS. Also anyone used the Radical calipers with the ST rotors?
Old 02-13-2023, 04:27 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 324 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Is the 4-5k track miles rotor life based on having done three refurbishments?
ST rotor longevity will vary greatly from customer to customer as there are so many variables at play, but in general, the 4-5K track mileage claim is in between refurbishments. So you should get 10K+ track miles out of a set pretty easily. Many customers have done way more than this as well. If only used on the street, the discs would outlast the life of the car.

Originally Posted by race7117
Are the Hats the same for the RS? I thought there was a bit of a difference between the GT3 and the RS. Also anyone used the Radical calipers with the ST rotors?
ST should be receiving a set of 992 GT3RS discs to validate. As far as I know, the discs will be the same as the 992 GT3. The earlier 992 GT3 (9/4/22* and older build dates) used 34mm thick discs, but all built after should be 36mm discs. The discs *should* be the same but I believe the piston diameters increased in the RS calipers as well (30->32mm?). Would this require a new master cylinder as well? One would think so. I believe the calipers will take the same pad shapes as before, however.

The AP Radical calipers use a different offset and will not work with the ST rotors. They also don't offer a pad shape that is compatible with PCCB rotors are far as I know. I am looking into a solution to offer STs with PFC calipers, but nothing with AP calipers at this time due to a lack of pad options. To be clear, ST rotors are designed to work with either stock iron or PCCB calipers. They have fitments for nearly all Porsche applications, and certainly all GT car applications.

HINZ MOTORSPORT
Race Parts & Accessories for your PORSCHE
www.HinzMotorsport.com
Call: 414-212-5679
Email: rick@hinzmotorsport.com
The following 2 users liked this post by Hinz Motorsport:
Manifold (02-14-2023), race7117 (02-13-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 04:41 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 977 Likes on 540 Posts

ST's are on like every other GT car at Sebring some track days, often in combo with slicks. Never heard a negative word about them. Would like to run, but too cheap, so I'll just keep paying for iron replacements until that cumulative cost far exceeds ST. Feels more frugal.
Old 02-14-2023, 02:18 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by samotorsport
I have an allocation available for anyone interested.
Can you send me the details. thanks
Old 02-14-2023, 02:41 PM
Rod27
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 162 Posts

sure me too. Cant PM you, maybe cuz you are too new, low post count, or something
Old 02-16-2023, 08:32 PM
docwGT3RS
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PM sent with cell number
Old 02-19-2023, 05:37 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 591 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Also if you dont get an allocation you can order a different car.

I think if your getting RS you should be tracking.

But what do i Know...
I would disagree..... Believe it or not there was a collapsible latter in the back of this GTSR when I took this pick after meeting an insurance adjuster for a roof inspection!

Last edited by Justaroofer; 02-19-2023 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-28-2023, 02:34 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

In case there's interest... I reported above that the original build start date for my car was April 7th. This got pulled in to Feb 24th sometime in January. I can now report that the build did indeed commence on that day. I have a couple of pictures from the production line (exiting paint shop and body on the top of the elevator from the bridge down to the production line floor). VIN number updated and is present now in the new web order tracking.

For unrelated reasons, I happened to be talking to my sales rep yesterday so we checked the system view from the dealership end. It confirmed the status as shown in the web page. One "interesting" additional detail fell out of that system though. Apparently this model has not yet received certification from the State of California (agency that oversees air quality considerations apparently). So that will be a gate to delivery if it's not done soon. It also implies that none have been delivered in the US yet?? [Can't vouch for validity of this info -- just repeating what I was told.]
Old 02-28-2023, 02:57 PM
Rod27
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 162 Posts

Interesting. What about ports of entry in other parts of the country? I wonder if the ones that were tracked at thermal this month received some type of exemption?
Old 02-28-2023, 02:58 PM
ADMfighter63
Banned

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by boxer-11
In case there's interest... I reported above that the original build start date for my car was April 7th. This got pulled in to Feb 24th sometime in January. I can now report that the build did indeed commence on that day. I have a couple of pictures from the production line (exiting paint shop and body on the top of the elevator from the bridge down to the production line floor). VIN number updated and is present now in the new web order tracking.

For unrelated reasons, I happened to be talking to my sales rep yesterday so we checked the system view from the dealership end. It confirmed the status as shown in the web page. One "interesting" additional detail fell out of that system though. Apparently this model has not yet received certification from the State of California (agency that oversees air quality considerations apparently). So that will be a gate to delivery if it's not done soon. It also implies that none have been delivered in the US yet?? [Can't vouch for validity of this info -- just repeating what I was told.]
The agency is called CARB -- Fingers crossed PCNA gets the CARB certification just as the cars are about to land. Your Sales Rep can probably check the internal "on-sale" date PCNA has designated for 3RS. A few other states adopt the CARB standards, so if the first cars land and there's still no certification, they'll have to sit at port (cannot be delivered to dealers in those states). I think that if there's a car heading to a non-CARB state, they can be released to the dealer and sold--though Porsche could just hold them all until they receive CARB certification.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:32 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

I think delivery to me (WA) is going to be gated by that certification then. The car is due to ship through Benicia, CA but since WA does follow California clean air standards it sounds like the car will sit pending certification. At least that is if the car hasn't already sat in Emden and/or taken enough time en route that PCNA has the certification done by the time it reaches Benicia.
Old 02-28-2023, 04:18 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

Per Wikipedia... The following states that have adopted the California standards are: Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico (2011 model year and later), New York, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Vermont, and Washington (2009 model year and later), as well as the District of Columbia.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread