Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2024 | 11:59 PM
Captain Scurry
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by omid
Hey guys- now that I’m doing Euro Delivery on my GT4 RS next month, my local dealer offered me a Nov build GT3 RS @ an ADM (no PTS or Euro Delivery options).

The ADM includes Full PPF, Extended Maintenance, Ceramic Coat + Permaplate, and they wanted to give me another watch (I got all the same goodies at a $30k ADM on the GT4 RS which was a premium I was willing to justify given Euro Delivery) but I’ve negotiated to get an e-bike instead of the watch.

I’m debating whether it makes sense to buy the 3RS - originally that’s what I wanted 9mo ago and “settled” on a GT4 RS but now I’m actually much more excited for the GT4 RS (same engine, last of the model, intake sound in the cabin, more playful, etc) and I plan to hold it long-term.

My view is other than the double wishbone, active aero and being a 911 there isn’t much of an advantage for the GT3 RS over the GT4 RS and I’d be paying nearly double.

My ultimate goal is to spec out and Euro Delivery a 992 GT2 RS (I’m much more of a turbo guy) and feel like it’ll position me well to do so but I also don’t want to get taken to the cleaners on the GT3 RS just for the GT2 RS. Also, I’m hoping that they would not charge me an ADM after I’ve “paid my dues”.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

In your situation, I would just wait for the 2RS.
I'm at 2500 miles on various tracks, backroads, mountains, cities/suburbs, and highways.
My 2 cents:
The 3RS is an awesome track car for the advanced driver that can really explore its outer limits.
It's not overly exciting or dramatic until you are on that limit.
I find it rather pedestrian and sometimes plain miserable for any other kind of driving duty.
It really isn't worth double the price of a 4RS.
I still love it.

Old 08-19-2024 | 12:39 AM
omid
Intermediate

@Captain Scurry do you think they’d let me jump straight into the 2RS from the 4RS?

Last edited by omid; 08-19-2024 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-19-2024 | 08:05 AM
Captain Scurry
Rennlist Member

@Captain Scurry do you think they’d let me jump straight into the 2RS from the 4RS?
Unfortunately, that is between you and your dealer. Buying a 3RS with all the extras probably would help given how most dealers seem operate these days. I can only imagine what MSRP price plus possible ADM on 2RS’s will be. Eye watering most likely.
Old 08-19-2024 | 12:06 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by obbob
For guys with MY2025 allocations, what sort of estimated delivery date are you hearing, either from dealer or from Track Your Dream?
I have a MY25 with a commission number since July 10th. It's not on TYD yet because its waiting on PTS approval (and I can't manually add it either). I was told it is an October build and would arrive before Christmas. Since it's not on TYD yet, I don't have any dates.

Originally Posted by Gus22
is there any rhyme or reason to PTS approval. I was fortunate enough to get a 3rs allocation a little over a week ago. Build has been sent in for a week now. Like you, now waiting to see if PTS is approved.
I don't know. This is my 4th Porsche that I spec'd but first time ordering PTS. The standard color pallet for the RS is not inspiring. I assume that PTS impacts production in some way and the factory has to coordinate all the PTS requests to see if it is plausible for each car.
Old 08-19-2024 | 12:35 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Every dealership is different and every dealer has a different list of their VIPs or special customers. Generally speaking, you will have a much better shot at a 2RS if you also buy the 3RS. But I would have the conversation with your GM and not make assumptions.
Old 08-19-2024 | 12:48 PM
Journeyman73
Instructor

Originally Posted by Captain Scurry
In your situation, I would just wait for the 2RS.
I'm at 2500 miles on various tracks, backroads, mountains, cities/suburbs, and highways.
My 2 cents:
The 3RS is an awesome track car for the advanced driver that can really explore its outer limits.
It's not overly exciting or dramatic until you are on that limit.
I find it rather pedestrian and sometimes plain miserable for any other kind of driving duty.
It really isn't worth double the price of a 4RS.
I still love it.
how do you like the $RS or 992 GT3 for some fun off-track?
Old 08-19-2024 | 12:54 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Production problems are still not resolved on the 3RS, for anyone who thinks it will be "Build baby build" is mistaken. If you have a car congratulations, if you have an allocation....I am not sure as of today how it will look for when you will get the car.

If you find one you like out there, BUY it!
Old 08-19-2024 | 01:10 PM
BergGt3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cosmos
Production problems are still not resolved on the 3RS, for anyone who thinks it will be "Build baby build" is mistaken. If you have a car congratulations, if you have an allocation....I am not sure as of today how it will look for when you will get the car.

If you find one you like out there, BUY it!
what production issues specifically? Many are scheduled to build in oct/nov.
Old 08-19-2024 | 02:59 PM
dieselino
Rennlist Member

Hey guys- now that I’m doing Euro Delivery on my GT4 RS next month, my local dealer offered me a Nov build GT3 RS @ an ADM (no PTS or Euro Delivery options).

The ADM includes Full PPF, Extended Maintenance, Ceramic Coat + Permaplate, and they wanted to give me another watch (I got all the same goodies at a $30k ADM on the GT4 RS which was a premium I was willing to justify given Euro Delivery) but I’ve negotiated to get an e-bike instead of the watch.

I’m debating whether it makes sense to buy the 3RS - originally that’s what I wanted 9mo ago and “settled” on a GT4 RS but now I’m actually much more excited for the GT4 RS (same engine, last of the model, intake sound in the cabin, more playful, etc) and I plan to hold it long-term.

My view is other than the double wishbone, active aero and being a 911 there isn’t much of an advantage for the GT3 RS over the GT4 RS and I’d be paying nearly double.

My ultimate goal is to spec out and Euro Delivery a 992 GT2 RS (I’m much more of a turbo guy) and feel like it’ll position me well to do so but I also don’t want to get taken to the cleaners on the GT3 RS just for the GT2 RS. Also, I’m hoping that they would not charge me an ADM after I’ve “paid my dues”.

I own both a 3RS and 4RS, very different cars.
Old 08-19-2024 | 03:29 PM
omid
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dieselino
ill PM you. Would love your perspective

Last edited by omid; 08-20-2024 at 12:32 AM.
Old 08-19-2024 | 03:55 PM
bucky56477
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dieselino
I'm in a similar situation. Have a 4RS in the garage currently, and a 3RS arriving in a few weeks. Trying to decide if I want to keep the 4RS or trade it in.

Or deciding if the 4RS is more "entertaining" and I should keep it over the 3RS. Having a hard time justifying keeping both of them. I'm not trying to set lap records, so the more "fun" car, is the better car for me.
Old 08-19-2024 | 07:53 PM
mphtown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by subshooter
I think the factory is back from vacation starting tomorrow. I'm still waiting on my PTS approval (going on 6 weeks now). Hopefully we will start to see some movement here.
Something very weird about your allocation, 1/ It doesn't show on TYD and 2/ It's not locked yet (10/2024 build should lock any day now, usually 45 days before prod). You should call 1-800-PORSCHE and ask them to add your allocation to TYD app (they do that, that's how I got mine to show up)

I give you my 2 cents as 4RS owner who pre-traded his 4RS for a 3RS allocation. If your budget is infinite, get both. Otherwise, the real question you are asking is if 3RS is $130K better than 4RS (because best case scenario, you trade the 4RS at sticker in this market and pay 100K over for 3RS which is net/net 130K loss). That question is hard to answer bc 130K is pocket change to some and a big lump to others. Now if you put all of these aside and compare 3RS with 4RS objectively, 3RS offers more IMO (I say that as a Cayman lover coming from 718 GT4 and GT4RS). Here's why:

1/ Ride Comfort: 3RS with softest setting rebound/compression is softer than 4RS which makes it compliant to drive on normal streets. I love the sportiness of my 4RS but god damn, it would get air time if I hit a slight bump at lets say 45mph.
2/ Appearance: 3RS has a much more road presence. Just look at a 3RS next to a 4RS and there is no denying 3RS, subjectively, is a more appealing car
3/ Stability in HWY: Rear Axle Steering in 3RS makes the car feel more stable at HWY speed, mimicking a longer wheel base
4/ Weight: they are very close, within 40lbs of each other while 4RS appears a lot smaller
5/ Narrow Front Tires: With 4RS I ended up going down the rabbit hole of making endless mods to fit larger tires in the front for better grip, 4RS has same sized tires as GTS which is 245s, super narrow. Compare that with 275s on 3RS. Lots of mechanic grip in the front
6/ Handling: 4RS at limit is very nervous with narrow tires in the front. You need to either load up aero in the front or get wider tires but either way, even driving on street spiritedly you can feel that nervousness, specially if road is slightly bumpy. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
7/ Sound: Yes, gotta love the 4RS cabin sound but I would argue having a dialed in exhaust sound is as intoxicating as hearing the induction sound. In fact, after owning the 4RS I found myself missing the exhaust sound as the cabin is mostly overwhelmed by induction sound. In 3RS you get that extremely high pitched GT sound which you don't get from 4RS. with 4RS you want to keep rev'ing the engine to hear the 8-9k rpm chainsaw sound (which is amazing) but end up getting a headache. Sure, you can short shift 4RS and it won't give you any headaches but is that fun? meh.
8/ Pulling up to C&C and boomers call your 4RS a baby 911 :`)

Now arguments in fav of 4RS:
1/ Last of it's kind before 718 goes electric vs. 3RS we know at least there will be another NA model around the corner
2/ If you love the induction sound more than exhaust sound
3/ You doing EU delivery so you will make memories with the car and ideally keep it longer
4/ 100K ADM is on the high side, there are ADMs less than 75K, just gotta call those smaller dealers and make connections.
5/ Smaller car
6/ If you like drama

The following users liked this post:
NRAzar (08-20-2024)
Old 08-19-2024 | 08:38 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mphtown
Something very weird about your allocation, 1/ It doesn't show on TYD and 2/ It's not locked yet (10/2024 build should lock any day now, usually 45 days before prod). You should call 1-800-PORSCHE and ask them to add your allocation to TYD app (they do that, that's how I got mine to show up)

I give you my 2 cents as 4RS owner who pre-traded his 4RS for a 3RS allocation. If your budget is infinite, get both. Otherwise, the real question you are asking is if 3RS is $130K better than 4RS (because best case scenario, you trade the 4RS at sticker in this market and pay 100K over for 3RS which is net/net 130K loss). That question is hard to answer bc 130K is pocket change to some and a big lump to others. Now if you put all of these aside and compare 3RS with 4RS objectively, 3RS offers more IMO (I say that as a Cayman lover coming from 718 GT4 and GT4RS). Here's why:

1/ Ride Comfort: 3RS with softest setting rebound/compression is softer than 4RS which makes it compliant to drive on normal streets. I love the sportiness of my 4RS but god damn, it would get air time if I hit a slight bump at lets say 45mph.
2/ Appearance: 3RS has a much more road presence. Just look at a 3RS next to a 4RS and there is no denying 3RS, subjectively, is a more appealing car
3/ Stability in HWY: Rear Axle Steering in 3RS makes the car feel more stable at HWY speed, mimicking a longer wheel base
4/ Weight: they are very close, within 40lbs of each other while 4RS appears a lot smaller
5/ Narrow Front Tires: With 4RS I ended up going down the rabbit hole of making endless mods to fit larger tires in the front for better grip, 4RS has same sized tires as GTS which is 245s, super narrow. Compare that with 275s on 3RS. Lots of mechanic grip in the front
6/ Handling: 4RS at limit is very nervous with narrow tires in the front. You need to either load up aero in the front or get wider tires but either way, even driving on street spiritedly you can feel that nervousness, specially if road is slightly bumpy. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
7/ Sound: Yes, gotta love the 4RS cabin sound but I would argue having a dialed in exhaust sound is as intoxicating as hearing the induction sound. In fact, after owning the 4RS I found myself missing the exhaust sound as the cabin is mostly overwhelmed by induction sound. In 3RS you get that extremely high pitched GT sound which you don't get from 4RS. with 4RS you want to keep rev'ing the engine to hear the 8-9k rpm chainsaw sound (which is amazing) but end up getting a headache. Sure, you can short shift 4RS and it won't give you any headaches but is that fun? meh.
8/ Pulling up to C&C and boomers call your 4RS a baby 911 :`)

Now arguments in fav of 4RS:
1/ Last of it's kind before 718 goes electric vs. 3RS we know at least there will be another NA model around the corner
2/ If you love the induction sound more than exhaust sound
3/ You doing EU delivery so you will make memories with the car and ideally keep it longer
4/ 100K ADM is on the high side, there are ADMs less than 75K, just gotta call those smaller dealers and make connections.
5/ Smaller car
6/ If you like drama
Are you saying Euro delivery is not possible with the 3RS?
Old 08-19-2024 | 08:46 PM
Gus22
Instructor

I have the same situation as subshooter. Have an allocation. Does not show up in tyd. It will not until a decision is made on PTS. Then it will receive a tentative build date based on their schedule if approved.
Old 08-19-2024 | 09:40 PM
mphtown
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by subshooter
Are you saying Euro delivery is not possible with the 3RS?
Do you really want to do ED in winter?

Originally Posted by Gus22
I have the same situation as subshooter. Have an allocation. Does not show up in tyd. It will not until a decision is made on PTS. Then it will receive a tentative build date based on their schedule if approved.
I'm also in the same boat. My PTS request pending approval since 6/15 for a 11/24 allocation. I was able to see my pts build in TYD literally the next day after I gave SA my build code (it shows up with my PTS color choice but still V110, pending approval, no other dates determined).

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread