Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-and-gt2rs-forum-256/)
-   -   Another lightweight glass broken - quarter panel (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-and-gt2rs-forum/1296149-another-lightweight-glass-broken-quarter-panel.html)

subshooter 04-29-2022 11:53 AM

My alignment is fine and no issues so far. I am wondering if the alignment shifts/changes over time and use. Or, is this just an initial installation problem. Am I going to have to worry about this every time I drive my car?

tstafford 04-29-2022 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by subshooter (Post 18115545)
My alignment is fine and no issues so far. I am wondering if the alignment shifts/changes over time and use. Or, is this just an initial installation problem. Am I going to have to worry about this every time I drive my car?

I'm with you. I check mine from time to time. My thought is that if it makes it 5K miles or so w/o moving I'm going to ignore it going forward.

MiamiAnimalDoc 04-29-2022 12:47 PM

My passenger rear window cracked for no reason.
Was told local dealer had 5 similar cases in past few weeks
Insane!
Warranty thankfully. Car is brand new.

User 81423 04-29-2022 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by subshooter (Post 18115545)

Originally Posted by tstafford (Post 18115601)
I'm with you. I check mine from time to time. My thought is that if it makes it 5K miles or so w/o moving I'm going to ignore it going forward.

I don't think it stands to reason that the alignment could suddenly change to cause such an anomalistic issue. It's truly unique. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

User 81423 04-29-2022 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiAnimalDoc (Post 18115652)
Insane!

wow! 5 cases. Are you in Miami? high volume dealer? They get a lot of cars.

chance6 04-30-2022 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiAnimalDoc (Post 18115652)
Insane!

Yep, you got a different kind of pandemic here. Even a recall would suck. Hope this stuff doesn't create new rattles.
OK, maybe pandemic is a bit extreme. Hope they get this ironed out at the factory.

tstafford 04-30-2022 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by chance6 (Post 18117278)
Yep, you got a different kind of pandemic here. Even a recall would suck. Hope this stuff doesn't create new rattles.
OK, maybe pandemic is a bit extreme. Hope they get this ironed out at the factory.

I think we'd need to know delivery dates on the cars before saying "Hope they get this ironed out". According to earlier posts it sounds like PAG figured it out and may well have fixed it already. I've yet to see a US touring (which are later in the cycle) with this issue. But I could I missed it.

User 81423 05-01-2022 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by tstafford (Post 18117295)
I think we'd need to know delivery dates on the cars before saying "Hope they get this ironed out". According to earlier posts it sounds like PAG figured it out and may well have fixed it already. I've yet to see a US touring (which are later in the cycle) with this issue. But I could I missed it.

yeah it’s a good point

User 81423 05-08-2022 11:29 PM

Update - my gt3 is still sitting at the dealer. Mostly because I am moving right now and don't have adequate garage space for the fleet.

If anyone is looking or knows someone that is looking for a restored Land Rover defender, please let me know! It would help me free space with my cars to sell it.

My service tech says they expect the new (2nd) quarter panel replacement to arrive this week.

How's everyone else's window journey going?

MiamiAnimalDoc 05-09-2022 09:41 AM

UPDATE --> Dealer wont cover and submitted to Porsche. Porsche declined to fix it. They say it was from trauma.
My ppf guy now has to come out of his pocket it seems
Disappointing how Porsche handled it with me. Also, dealer was a a&&hole.

CPS992 05-09-2022 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiAnimalDoc (Post 18133172)
UPDATE --> Dealer wont cover and submitted to Porsche. Porsche declined to fix it. They say it was from trauma.
My ppf guy now has to come out of his pocket it seems
Disappointing how Porsche handled it with me. Also, dealer was a a&&hole.

So you think it wasn’t your PPF guy’s fault, that it was a factory defect from Porsche but you’re going to make your PPF guy pay anyway?

MiamiAnimalDoc 05-09-2022 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by CPS992 (Post 18133457)
So you think it wasn’t your PPF guy’s fault, that it was a factory defect from Porsche but you’re going to make your PPF guy pay anyway?

I trust my ppf guy. He would tell me if he did something. I am unsure how to proceed. My ppf guy and I are now trying to figure it out.

Denny Swift 05-09-2022 12:34 PM

Sorry to read about all these issues. But isn’t broken glass covered under comprehensive insurance? If all you know is that one day your glass is broken, I’d expect insurance to just cover it. But I guess they may not want to pay Porsche to replace it. OTOH, it seems really strange that Porsche wouldn’t fess up and admit they have a problem. It this is truly isolated to the lightweight glass, how can Porsche pretend that this isn’t their problem? Either way, I feel bad for you guys.

CPS992 05-09-2022 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiAnimalDoc (Post 18133465)
I trust my ppf guy. He would tell me if he did something. I am unsure how to proceed. My ppf guy and I are now trying to figure it out.

What’s to figure out? You trust your PPF guy, you know it’s a Porsche defect…..tell your PPF guy to put his checkbook away and get yours out.

User 81423 05-09-2022 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by CPS992 (Post 18133515)
What’s to figure out? You trust your PPF guy, you know it’s a Porsche defect…..tell your PPF guy to put his checkbook away and get yours out.

mic drop