Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-and-gt2rs-forum-256/)
-   -   Another lightweight glass broken - quarter panel (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-and-gt2rs-forum/1296149-another-lightweight-glass-broken-quarter-panel.html)

User 81423 05-09-2022 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiAnimalDoc (Post 18133172)
UPDATE --> Dealer wont cover and submitted to Porsche. Porsche declined to fix it. They say it was from trauma.
My ppf guy now has to come out of his pocket it seems
Disappointing how Porsche handled it with me. Also, dealer was a a&&hole.

you need to take it to a different dealer. don't share the ppf part.

PCNA is well aware of the issue. bring screenshots from the forum and share that basically all other dealers have covered this with no issue. I'm sure the new dealer will be happy to earn your biz.

Reach out to PCNA directly as well.

User 81423 05-09-2022 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by chance6 (Post 18117278)
Yep, you got a different kind of pandemic here. Even a recall would suck. Hope this stuff doesn't create new rattles.
OK, maybe pandemic is a bit extreme. Hope they get this ironed out at the factory.

can confirm no rattles. just did a 180mph run..

CAlexio 05-10-2022 02:02 AM

So all these broken windows are from "trauma?

User 81423 05-10-2022 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 18135004)
So all these broken windows are from "trauma?

it’s unclear man..
window #1: broke likely from the torsion of a steep turn. But it’s possible it was broken before the turn, I wasn’t actually the one that noticed it first, it was my Detailer.

window #2: this was definitely cause from hitting the quarter panel window, due to misalignment, it hit the back window when closing the door.

window #3: the dealer broke this one. They have a steep turn down into their basement, which is where the car was driven to be stored while it was waiting for new windows #1 and #2. They think it broke while driving it down that ramp, I wasn’t even there so I don’t know.

it’s so weird!!!!

chance6 05-13-2022 11:09 AM

Broke by driving down a ramp??

User 81423 05-13-2022 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by chance6 (Post 18141210)
Broke by driving down a ramp??

yep

MiamiAnimalDoc 05-13-2022 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by CPS992 (Post 18133515)
What’s to figure out? You trust your PPF guy, you know it’s a Porsche defect…..tell your PPF guy to put his checkbook away and get yours out.

Correct. That is what has now happened. I gave Porsche a mouthful and ordered it from another dealer who was much more helpful.
2200 for that lil window!

User 81423 05-14-2022 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by MiamiAnimalDoc (Post 18141686)
Correct. That is what has now happened. I gave Porsche a mouthful and ordered it from another dealer who was much more helpful.
2200 for that lil window!

first of all, good on you.

terrible on Porsche. I’m completely confused that your experience was opposite to mine with the same defect. My guy literally called Porsche HQ and they said they’re aware of it and it was automatically warrantied. I didn’t have to do anything.
they’ve replaced three broken windows now.

MiamiAnimalDoc 05-14-2022 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by L2_ONBOARD (Post 18142519)
first of all, good on you.

terrible on Porsche. I’m completely confused that your experience was opposite to mine with the same defect. My guy literally called Porsche HQ and they said they’re aware of it and it was automatically warrantied. I didn’t have to do anything.
they’ve replaced three broken windows now.

So upset over it. Glad your dealership did the right thing. I’m gonna call another dealership Monday, but none the less keep my order for the piece as they said it is in back order and take months.

LexVan 05-14-2022 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by MiamiAnimalDoc
So upset over it. Glad your dealership did the right thing. I’m gonna call another dealership Monday, but none the less keep my order for the piece as they said it is in back order and take months.

Please send me a PM. I'll send you a good contact person at the executive level at PCNA that you can communicate with.

Mercuriell 05-15-2022 07:57 AM

Having lived with the 992 for a week Im struck how vulnerable the door glass is to being grabbed during door closure esp by passengers and wonder if this contributes to some cases . Doesn't explain the windscreen or quarter lights of course ...

MiamiAnimalDoc 05-16-2022 11:28 AM

On phone now with PCNA filing a complaint!
Wish me luck.

got2go 05-24-2022 07:31 AM

Getting the car ready for my first trip to the track with it and worried about attaching my Garmin Catalyst to the windshield with a suction cup mount. It’s a pretty big device that even mounted close to the dash will apply enough atypical force to cause a problem with the glass. Just the possibility of a problem at speed makes me rethink using it.

What has been the groups’ experience with windshield mounted data devices and cameras?

Hermes911 05-24-2022 07:48 AM

So far no problems with suction cup mounted VBOX camera, OLED and AIM Solo. I’m not throwing the towel in yet with Porsche Track Precision. I will be adding a cell phone mount suction cup too.

MiamiAnimalDoc 05-24-2022 10:21 AM

Update--> Called PCNA last Monday and submitted for a case. No news yet, but hopefully they will cover it.