Sponsored by:

(GT3 not coming)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2022, 11:01 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,017 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
I haven't driven a 992 TTS or a 992 GT3. But have driven 992 C2S and owned 991.2 GT3 among driving 991 C4S and driven own others.

Between the 2, hands down the Touring is the keeper. TTS will have comfort and sheer speed, acceleration, thrust. But the Touring will be way more exciting to drive. I wouldn't keep both unless the TTS is a cab. Ditch the TTS and get something else if you want 2 cars.
I had a F90 M5. It had a similar feel to the TTS, awd, plus room for four and a proper trunk. The M5 and Touring could be a good pairing.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:12 AM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,642 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I had a F90 M5. It had a similar feel to the TTS, awd, plus room for four and a proper trunk. The M5 and Touring could be a good pairing.
Have you driven a manual GT3 extensively? Extensively here in NY/NJ/CT roads, pot holes, shore, highway, etc? That car beats you up after 30-40 minutes. I say this because GT3 (especially in 992 form with all the tire noise and stiff suspension) is like “anti” TTS/M5. They are so opposite that I dont see a person liking them both equally and keeping them. I have owned a competition M5 close to 45,000 miles and I couldnt stand how numb, disconnected, effortless it was. I have friends who cannot stand sitting the passenger seat any of my sports cars saying they are so “cramped” and “stiff” and “loud” and loved my M5s. Just because internet hype says GT3 is a “keeper and any car person’s dream” doesnt mean it will be the right car for you.

After the novelty wears off, the tire noise and the little pebbles hitting the rear quarter panels, the low ride, steering that fights you on highway ramps because of neglected roads will start getting to you. At that point, if you are a nut case like me these problems will be positives that you actually look forward to. But many people at that point list the car for sale and tell themselves that “I had the GT3 itch, I scratched it, not for me”. I find that a bit funny. When you roll into your country club with squeaky brakes and everyone turns to see which tractor is squeaking and you see the look on their faces, thats when the real test is on whether this is the car for you. I love the character of this car and I actually love its not the right car for 99% of the people. It separates it from the rest and I have no problem being different than the rest.

Last edited by 3-Pedals; 03-09-2022 at 11:13 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 3-Pedals:
Boucherom (03-10-2022), NYCGT3 (03-09-2022), Yojeffo (03-12-2022)
Old 03-09-2022, 11:28 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Have you driven a manual GT3 extensively? Extensively here in NY/NJ/CT roads, pot holes, shore, highway, etc? That car beats you up after 30-40 minutes. I say this because GT3 (especially in 992 form with all the tire noise and stiff suspension) is like “anti” TTS/M5. They are so opposite that I dont see a person liking them both equally and keeping them. I have owned a competition M5 close to 45,000 miles and I couldnt stand how numb, disconnected, effortless it was. I have friends who cannot stand sitting the passenger seat any of my sports cars saying they are so “cramped” and “stiff” and “loud” and loved my M5s. Just because internet hype says GT3 is a “keeper and any car person’s dream” doesnt mean it will be the right car for you.

After the novelty wears off, the tire noise and the little pebbles hitting the rear quarter panels, the low ride, steering that fights you on highway ramps because of neglected roads will start getting to you. At that point, if you are a nut case like me these problems will be positives that you actually look forward to. But many people at that point list the car for sale and tell themselves that “I had the GT3 itch, I scratched it, not for me”. I find that a bit funny. When you roll into your country club with squeaky brakes and everyone turns to see which tractor is squeaking and you see the look on their faces, thats when the real test is on whether this is the car for you. I love the character of this car and I actually love its not the right car for 99% of the people. It separates it from the rest and I have no problem being different than the rest.
The car I miss the most is my 981 Sypder. Had the Fabspeed GT420 package, so noise isn't something I'm a stranger to. Loved the MT and would take the car out just to drive it - which is something I'm finding I'm not doing with the TTS. The GT3 won't be a daily driver, it will be a car that is purely for the enjoyment of driving.

As far as roads go, I'm in Central NJ - it's not too bad around here and if I really want to drive some good roads I head up to Bear Mountain. I avoid the area directly around the city for the most part.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:32 AM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 108 Posts

I have an F90 M5 Competition and 992 GT3. The perfect combo for street car with incredible power and room and sports car.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:34 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

I haven't had a BMW since 2002 325ci back in that year. Recently was looking at the latest M5 for DD to replace a 19 Cayenne. Couldn't drive one of course but it seemed like a good performer based on videos and reviews .What took me away from it was it's a total sleeper in design. Not very exciting. Ultimately settled back on SUV with a Defender 110 v8 coming.

M5 gives you the addition of proper 4 seats as well.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:36 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 157 Posts

I have a Cayenne Turbo S to go with the GT cars. A great combo.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
I haven't had a BMW since 2002 325ci back in that year. Recently was looking at the latest M5 for DD to replace a 19 Cayenne. Couldn't drive one of course but it seemed like a good performer based on videos and reviews .What took me away from it was it's a total sleeper in design. Not very exciting. Ultimately settled back on SUV with a Defender 110 v8 coming.

M5 gives you the addition of proper 4 seats as well.
I agree with the sleeper comment on the M5 but you can dress it up a bit too!

Old 03-09-2022, 12:18 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin
I agree with the sleeper comment on the M5 but you can dress it up a bit too!

Definitely can but for me the metal needs to change. Reminded me of my 16 A6 TDI, simple yet great looking, long lines, lowered with sport package but sleeper and plain at the same time. I put some 20 inch HRE flow forms on and that gave it a bump in looks.

I was looking Sport Turismo GTS, M5, Defender 110 v8, RS6. Narrowed to RS6 and Defender, went Defender.
Old 03-14-2022, 12:31 PM
HashishJackson
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by trips
Just heard from my GM who was just finished a conference call with corporate, no delays on 992. For now.
my buddy just got word from his dealer in NorCal that PTS has been discontinued for the rest of the calendar year and will need to wait for 2023

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 03-14-2022, 12:40 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HashishJackson
my buddy just got word from his dealer in NorCal that PTS has been discontinued for the rest of the calendar year and will need to wait for 2023

It's not discontinued, per se. It's just that there isn't enough lead time in the MY22 calendar. PTS builds require 4-6 month lead time from the build date. Thus the next available PTS is MY23 production.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:01 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HashishJackson

Was this for an order past the freeze date or a new one?
Old 03-14-2022, 01:05 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.JDK

I came across this photo which is allegedly an internal email from Porsche. All Porsches have been impacted. For how long, I don’t think anyone has any ideas yet.

Has anyone heard anything recently on the memo above or on their vehicle build dates? In early February my PTS GT3T had a CP8 date of 18 March - one day after the cut-off date listed in the memo above.

I had asked my dealer for a screen shot of the VMS Tracking Tab this morning and it now shows a CP8 date of 1 April. The VMS Tab from a month ago showed my car starting production (CP0) on 4 March and it now shows 11 March.

Considering 11 March was last Friday and there was not an "Actual" CP0 date listed, I am assuming that build did not start last Friday as planned. This is what has happened to my build dates over the past month between 10 February and 14 March:

.............................10 February............................14 March
Event ....................Was Expected ........................Now Expected ..............Actual .
V250 (Fixed)...........11 February ..........................25 February ..................21 February
V260 (CP0).............04 March...............................11 March
V270 (CXX).............11 March...............................25 March
V300 (CP8).............18 March...............................01 April
V998 (Euro Del).......Blank....................................Blank

I understand that 28 June is being held for my European Delivery Date but that won't be confirmed until my car reaches CP0 status. I am thinking the 11 March CP0 date may slip again until sometime in April due to the war in the Ukraine (assuming the Memo above is correct). Anyone else have any build dates (Expected or Actual) between 1 March and 15 April that they could share?

Thanks!!

Last edited by JAMilford; 03-14-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:36 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,549 Likes on 5,069 Posts

I heard ED was put on hold.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:46 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I am wondering about this. I was supposed to get final confirmation early last week, I have not heard back yet. Waiting for a response to a follow up.
Old 03-14-2022, 03:45 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Not certain this is accurate .... maybe temporarily in Leipzig but Zuffenhausen seems to still be booking EDs

https://rennlist.com/forums/european...lding-car.html
PAG evidently just booked a 10 June delivery in Zuffenhausen for a Cayenne Turbo

Quick Reply: (GT3 not coming)