Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

European Delivery - Holding car

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 11:30 AM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default European Delivery - Holding car

I have a GT3 allocation which got moved up one month to 4/2022 - Would like to go to Europe mid summer - Will they hold car in Stuggart or Leipzig
Old 12-20-2021, 08:39 AM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

From my understanding after talking to PCNA re ED. After your car is built it is about 6 weeks minimum until ED can happen due to some regulatory paperwork. After that Porsche will hold the car for a certain amount of time. Less time in Stuttgart (1-2 months) and a longer in Leipzig due to storage space (no sure maximum). As a point of reference, my car was finished a couple weeks ago and am awaiting a decision from Porsche on an April 5th delivery in Leipzig.

Old 12-20-2021, 12:40 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackJunke
From my understanding after talking to PCNA re ED. After your car is built it is about 6 weeks minimum until ED can happen due to some regulatory paperwork. After that Porsche will hold the car for a certain amount of time. Less time in Stuttgart (1-2 months) and a longer in Leipzig due to storage space (no sure maximum). As a point of reference, my car was finished a couple weeks ago and am awaiting a decision from Porsche on an April 5th delivery in Leipzig.
6 weeks gap between build completion and earliest ED ?! Wow. That is indeed quite a long wait.
Thank you for posting this valuable piece of info as I am trying to zoom in on a June/July delivery…. IF ED even resumes.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:37 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by GTTROIS
6 weeks gap between build completion and earliest ED ?! Wow. That is indeed quite a long wait.
Thank you for posting this valuable piece of info as I am trying to zoom in on a June/July delivery…. IF ED even resumes.
Interesting. When I asked US European Delivery they said 19 days from build to ED. I have a July 8th Build and hoping to do ED on 8/1, 8/2 or 8/3 prior to the factor shutdown for August.
Of course, it is too early and ED is not confirmed.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:15 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

For what it is worth, I am very confident that the typical delay from CP8 completion to earliest ED date has nominally been 20 working days for a long time .... give or take a day or two. Right now, I am also highly confident that the constraining factor is availability of ED delivery dates. There are a limited number of EDs that can be accomodated each day/week/month at each location and EDs have only just recently been authorized to resume for US customers (while the rest of the world has been able to conduct EDs for the past year). I believe there is a backlog of US ED requests that far exceeds the number of available dates. I believe it is also accurate that there is limited amount of available space (particularly in Zuffenhausen) to store completed vehicles waiting to be picked up which adds additional complexity to the ED scheduling process. I hope everyone that wishes to take ED on their car is able to do so !
Old 01-31-2022, 10:36 PM
pefman
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

For what it is worth, my vehicle is now complete, and my confirmed factory delivery date is May 3rd. I am buying a Macan this time (got a GT4 in 2016), so maybe the fact that it is made in Leipzig and that is also where I am picking it up, means it is easier for them to just store it for me for a few months.

In any case, I have filled out all their ED paperwork and given them copies of passport and driver's license, so I have felt confident enough to make airline reservations.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:58 PM
JAMilford
Racer

My understanding is that Leipzig has sufficient storage space to hold cars for an extended period (months) whether built there or not. I do not believe the same is true for Zuffenhausen and the shortest time from CP8 to ED is nominally 20 working days at either location.
Old 03-03-2022, 09:35 PM
sparkelusive
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car (GT4) finished production Jan 22nd and i scheduled ED from Leipzig for end of May. Just got word from my rep that Leipzig has completely halted operations/ED due to the war. Not sure what that means, but will hopefully have more information next week.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:01 PM
Cacou
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was told today that my mid-June ED is still on track. Crossing my fingers.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:34 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Originally Posted by Cacou
I was told today that my mid-June ED is still on track. Crossing my fingers.
Can you share when your car is being built and which model? Thanks!!
Old 03-08-2022, 10:04 PM
Cacou
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Turbo S in a May build.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:16 PM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GT3 - May Build - Still no changes
Old 03-10-2022, 12:29 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

6/10 ED Zuffenhausen allegedly just locked in by PAG for my Cayenne Turbo. No documents yet though, time will tell...
Old 03-12-2022, 12:07 AM
Mockingbird812
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkelusive
My car (GT4) finished production Jan 22nd and i scheduled ED from Leipzig for end of May. Just got word from my rep that Leipzig has completely halted operations/ED due to the war. Not sure what that means, but will hopefully have more information next week.
Disclaimer statement on Porsche’s Tracking website states that Ukraine invasion may disrupt supply chain for Porsche. Joey, ED rep, did not mention this when I talked to him a few days ago and gave me an approximate p/u of late Sep/early Oct for a late June completed car to be p/u in Leipzig (Cab 2S).
Old 03-14-2022, 04:59 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
6/10 ED Zuffenhausen allegedly just locked in by PAG for my Cayenne Turbo. No documents yet though, time will tell...
Awesome news! Have you received your DocuSign docs yet?

Quick Reply: European Delivery - Holding car