Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 10:56 AM
BillLeeIII
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taylor2090
@BillLeeIII

This was posted in another thread and should be the most current one.
Thanks so much. But, fortunately I just got told my car has now left the port. I'm now figuring a Nov 6th delivery date!
Old 10-13-2023, 11:02 AM
Bokke
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

My Cayenne TGT is on the SLF Conductor headed to Baltimore...

Last edited by Bokke; 10-13-2023 at 01:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Taylor2090 (10-13-2023)
Old 10-13-2023, 11:31 AM
Taylor2090
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BillLeeIII
Thanks so much. But, fortunately I just got told my car has now left the port. I'm now figuring a Nov 6th delivery date!
Awesome, congrats!! Do you know about the F12 hack to determine which ship it’s on?
Bokke (10-13-2023)
Old 10-13-2023, 11:32 AM
Taylor2090
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bokke
My Cayenne TGT is on the SLF Conductor head to Baltimore...
Nice! My GTS is on it too. 👏🏼
Old 10-13-2023, 12:05 PM
Taylor2090
Advanced

Conductor stopped at Schouwenbank but finally headed to Baltimore! ETA Tuesday 10/24
Bokke (10-13-2023)
Old 10-13-2023, 12:32 PM
tonyfu511
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats! How many days did the Altair Leader take from Panama Canal to San Diego? Glovis Clipper left Panama Canal on 10/10, but I'm not sure when it's gonna be in San Diego. It looks like the next stop is Lazaro Cardenas which seems a little weird
Old 10-13-2023, 01:53 PM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Panama Canal to San Diego Travel Time

Originally Posted by tonyfu511
Congrats! How many days did the Altair Leader take from Panama Canal to San Diego? Glovis Clipper left Panama Canal on 10/10, but I'm not sure when it's gonna be in San Diego. It looks like the next stop is Lazaro Cardenas which seems a little weird
My screenshot of the Altair Leader leaving the Panama Canal on the Pacific side was on October 3 at about 1:00 p.m. PDT and the ship arrived in San Diego on the morning of October 11. It did not stop en route. I see that Lazaro Cardenas is halfway up the coast. The ship carrying my Taycan GTS earlier this year made a stop in Columbia just before entering the Panama Canal, and the Altair Leader with my GT3 stopped in Southampton, UK after leaving Emden. Both stops were one day or less as I recall.

The good news was that the car was released for transport the next day, October 12, so it’s now waiting for a car carrier to take it to the dealer in Long Beach, CA, which interestingly was the Altair Leader’s next stop. Mercedes has a huge storage area in Long Beach behind its classic car restoration facility formerly in Irvine, CA.
Old 10-14-2023, 02:38 PM
eusta
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Does anyone have schedule for late Nov / Dec?
The following 3 users liked this post by eusta:
daveo4porsche (10-22-2023), Elevelyn (10-16-2023), Needsdecaf (10-17-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 02:08 PM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Taylor2090
@BillLeeIIIThis was posted in another thread and should be the most current one.
How do we access the latest schedule? The PWL site is producing a schedule from week 32...🤔

https://www.pwl.de/en/eportal/schedules--vgm
Old 10-22-2023, 03:27 PM
Thekipper
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW my Cayenne arrived in Jacksonville July 7 and shows delivery to dealer 4 January…6 months
unable to find out anything except congestion at Jax.
Old 10-22-2023, 08:17 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Thekipper
FWIW my Cayenne arrived in Jacksonville July 7 and shows delivery to dealer 4 January…6 months
unable to find out anything except congestion at Jax.
Been told there is a hold at port on 911's - mine went past the due date at the dealer and no reason other than some paperwork issues.
Old 10-23-2023, 12:03 AM
jjsteez
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys, would love some help in figuring out which vessel my rs is on.
TYD said it left Emden 10/17 and by the looks of the end point of the live map on TYD it’s bound for Baltimore 11/1. However I can’t find a vessel that is on the same path as what I’m seeing on the TYD map. Closest thing would be Violet Ace with similar emden departure time /eta in Baltimore but that vessels path went thru English Channel and the TYD path went up and around the UK.
Would totally ask my SA but he’s on vacation for a couple more days and I already pester him too much!
any insight much appreciated!
Cheers
Old 10-23-2023, 12:13 AM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Figuring Out The Vessel

Here is something that I posted earlier this evening on a related thread. It might help although you won’t need the Panama Canal bit. I was in the same boat (no pun intended but it kinda works). I guessed which ship my car was on based on the VW Shipping Schedule for Emden. My car had already left the port for a stop in Southampton then directly to San Diego by the time TYD showed it had left the port. I, too, wanted to give finding the boat name a shot as I had been a bit of a pest with my sales guy! Best method is to use the F12 hack below with a Google Chrome browser (you can use it in a different tab temporarily if using another browser routinely).

The “Shipping Schedule Emden - USA” thread on this forum has good information about shipping. I took a SWAG about the ship my car was on based on the VW shipping schedules in and out of Emden, and while waiting to hear back from the dealer, I confirmed the ship’s name using an F12 hack described on the thread at message #2530 on 9/22/23, and another post at #2546 and 10/6/23 (reportedly requires the Google Chrome browser). V999 posted that the icon track on TYD is actually pre-programmed into TYD vs. it actually being a real-time location. That said, for the times when my shipped was tracked on VesselFinder.com, the icon was tracking in approximately the same location. So when I was not able to track my ship on VesselFinder.com when it was far from land, the TYD icon was close enough. I used both TYD and VesseFinder.com to grab a couple screenshots of the boat passing through the Panama Canal at https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/...iraflores.html. Using the F12 hack, I was able to confirm that I had three, not four photos and the route coordinates are there along with plenty of undecipherable information.

I hope that helps!
Old 10-23-2023, 12:55 PM
jjsteez
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AtTheGlen
Here is something that I posted earlier this evening on a related thread. It might help although you won’t need the Panama Canal bit. I was in the same boat (no pun intended but it kinda works). I guessed which ship my car was on based on the VW Shipping Schedule for Emden. My car had already left the port for a stop in Southampton then directly to San Diego by the time TYD showed it had left the port. I, too, wanted to give finding the boat name a shot as I had been a bit of a pest with my sales guy! Best method is to use the F12 hack below with a Google Chrome browser (you can use it in a different tab temporarily if using another browser routinely).

The “Shipping Schedule Emden - USA” thread on this forum has good information about shipping. I took a SWAG about the ship my car was on based on the VW shipping schedules in and out of Emden, and while waiting to hear back from the dealer, I confirmed the ship’s name using an F12 hack described on the thread at message #2530 on 9/22/23, and another post at #2546 and 10/6/23 (reportedly requires the Google Chrome browser). V999 posted that the icon track on TYD is actually pre-programmed into TYD vs. it actually being a real-time location. That said, for the times when my shipped was tracked on VesselFinder.com, the icon was tracking in approximately the same location. So when I was not able to track my ship on VesselFinder.com when it was far from land, the TYD icon was close enough. I used both TYD and VesseFinder.com to grab a couple screenshots of the boat passing through the Panama Canal at https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/...iraflores.html. Using the F12 hack, I was able to confirm that I had three, not four photos and the route coordinates are there along with plenty of undecipherable information.

I hope that helps!
I will try that! Hopefully works with MacBook/chrome. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2023, 01:16 PM
gphilpottBGTS
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anyone tracking Apollon Leader to San Diego?

Vessel Finder says next stop is Port Hueneme which is north of LA and supposed to dock 10/26.

when another car came it stopped in SD first and then Hueneme.

also, port of San Diego doesn’t show Apollon Leader at all in their incoming PDF all the way through November.

my SA says his screen shows arriving in San Diego on 10/20 but that is an estimate, not final.

very confusing.

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA