Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 07:07 PM
tonyfu511
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ddas1992
See below.

Thanks for the doc. I don't know why I only got the W32 file from PWL. My car is on Glovis Clipper and it shows arriving at Benicia on 11/2. Another doc I downloaded from PWL shows a different date 10/27. Which is more accurate? Does the vessel usually follow the exact schedule? I'll be out of town on 11/4, and I'm not sure if I can get my car before that lol
Attached Images
Old 09-21-2023, 07:29 PM
lizhibupt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyfu511
Thanks for the doc. I don't know why I only got the W32 file from PWL. My car is on Glovis Clipper and it shows arriving at Benicia on 11/2. Another doc I downloaded from PWL shows a different date 10/27. Which is more accurate? Does the vessel usually follow the exact schedule? I'll be out of town on 11/4, and I'm not sure if I can get my car before that lol
I have the same question too. My car arrived at Emden on Sep 12 and it looks like it missed the Glovis Clipper, wondering when did yours arrive?
Old 09-21-2023, 07:33 PM
tonyfu511
Intermediate

My car arrived at Emden on 9/14, and got on the Glovis Clipper on 9/18
Old 09-21-2023, 07:35 PM
lizhibupt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyfu511
My car arrived at Emden on 9/14, and got on the Glovis Clipper on 9/18
wow congrats and that’s a bit surprising to know, as my TYD still shows my car is currently at the Emden port, I will follow up with my SA to find out.
Old 09-21-2023, 07:39 PM
tonyfu511
Intermediate

Thanks. It's a bit random I think. It's not first come first go. I did see it usually takes 1 - 2 weeks to get onto the ship. Your car should be on the next one if its' not on the Glovis Clipper
The following users liked this post:
lizhibupt (09-21-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 11:22 PM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 91 Posts
Default What's PWL and the Altair Leader

It looks as if my car is on the Altair Leader based on (a) when it left Emden, (b) where it was tracking based on TYD and VesselFinder.com, and (c) similar arrival dates in San Diego on both TYD (10/13) and Vessel Finder (10/11). I was a bit surprised because previous Porsche vehicles that I've ordered were on Glovis ships. The Altair Leader left Emden on/about 9/16, stopped in Southhampton, UK on 9/18 and now goes directly to San Diego. Unlike the Glovis Clipper, it doesn't show the Altair Leader continuing to Benicia after SD. If your car is going to San Diego, and TYD shows the icon of your car (mine looks like by spec!) out in the Atlantic vs. at Bremerhaven, you might be on the Altair Leader, which arrives several days earlier.

I SWAG'd my way to figuring my car is on the Altair Leader. I didn't see a ship name on TYD or in the email received from Porsche. Is "PWL" a source of vessel info?
Old 09-22-2023, 04:52 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by AtTheGlen
It looks as if my car is on the Altair Leader based on (a) when it left Emden, (b) where it was tracking based on TYD and VesselFinder.com, and (c) similar arrival dates in San Diego on both TYD (10/13) and Vessel Finder (10/11). I was a bit surprised because previous Porsche vehicles that I've ordered were on Glovis ships. The Altair Leader left Emden on/about 9/16, stopped in Southhampton, UK on 9/18 and now goes directly to San Diego. Unlike the Glovis Clipper, it doesn't show the Altair Leader continuing to Benicia after SD. If your car is going to San Diego, and TYD shows the icon of your car (mine looks like by spec!) out in the Atlantic vs. at Bremerhaven, you might be on the Altair Leader, which arrives several days earlier.

I SWAG'd my way to figuring my car is on the Altair Leader. I didn't see a ship name on TYD or in the email received from Porsche. Is "PWL" a source of vessel info?
TYD is not tracking via GPS in actual real-time location, it has a bunch of time stamped locations pre-loaded into the application and it just moves the cars location by time at set intervals. The coordinates are all loaded before the car is even done with production, or to be more exact, when the TYD is started/when you get the email inviting you to it.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:31 AM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
TYD is not tracking via GPS in actual real-time location, it has a bunch of time stamped locations pre-loaded into the application and it just moves the cars location by time at set intervals. The coordinates are all loaded before the car is even done with production, or to be more exact, when the TYD is started/when you get the email inviting you to it.
And the routes TYD shows ships taking are preprogrammed fiction. Gotta use VesselFinder or MarineTraffic or similar to actually see what route ships take on any given journey, or see where the ships are.

TYD showed Sunshine Ace as having gone north of the UK before heading west toward Canada and then down to Rhode Island. But the ship actually headed south through the channel, all the way down the coast to about the midpoint of Portugal before turning west and heading west to the US. Dipped a bit south of due west presumably to keep to the south of Nigel’s predicted track.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:35 PM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Default Thanks for Vessel Info & PWL?

@redmonkey928 and @V999 — thanks for the info regarding preprogrammed vessel tracking. Aside from showing a totally incorrect route, it makes sense because once a car is on the ship, it’s probably running on a schedule connected to traversing the Panama Canal or a slot at a port for unloading. Vessel tracker and TYD are both in about the same place on the map still for my car.

I did not receive notice about what ship I’m on. My SA apparently has the same info, but I didn’t see anything on TYD or in the “you’re vehicle has left the port” email. I tried the PC hack using F12 but nothing was listed as “requests” under “api.porsche”. I’ll try again later. BTW, do you know what PWL is? “Porsche Worldwide Lading”, “Porsche Wish List”, I’m out of ideas.

Last edited by AtTheGlen; 09-22-2023 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:59 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by AtTheGlen
@redmonkey928 abd @V999 — thanks for the info regarding preprogrammed vessel tracking. Aside from showing a totally incorrect route, it makes sense because once a car is on the ship, it’s probably running on a schedule connected to traversing the Panama Canal or a slot at a port for unloading. Vessel tracker and TYD are both in about the same place on the map still for my car.

I did not receive notice about what ship I’m on. My SA apparently has the same info, but I didn’t see anything on TYD or in the “you’re vehicle has left the port” email. I tried the PC hack using F12 but nothing was listed as “requests” under “api.porsche”. I’ll try again later. BTW, do you know what PWL is? “Porsche Worldwide Lading”, “Porsche Wish List”, I’m out of ideas.
The hack described elsewhere in the forum, didn't work exactly as posted, for me at least.

This is what worked for me, in Google Chrome...
  1. Visit your TYD site.
  2. Once it's loaded, press F12 to open the developer console.
  3. In the dev console, across the top, look for and then click on "Network".
  4. In the network view, a couple rows down from the Network option, look for "Fetch/XHR" and click it.
  5. Press F5 to reload the page.
  6. You should see a list of things under "Name" on the left side of the dev console. One of those will start with USM and then have your commission number, e.g. "USM#####" where the #s are replace w/your commission number.
  7. Click that entry in the list on the left.
  8. A bit over to the right of "Name" should be some more options running left to right "Headers|Preview|Reponse|Initiator|Timing". Click "Response"
  9. In that response, under "currentLocation", you should see "position".
  10. Under "position", you should see "ident":"IMO_#######". The part where I put # signs, is your ship's IMO #.
  11. Cut & Paste that number (not the IMO_, just the numbers after) into VesselFinder's search box. That will produce the name of the ship your car is on.
If not using Chrome, then it might be a bit different how you get there, but the general idea is the same. You want to show AJAX web-requests the website has made, which is why we filtered to Fetch/XHR first, then reloaded the page so the dev console would show you them. And one of the requests made to api.porsche.com/track-your-dream/us/orders/#######, where the #s are your commission number, produces the information that includes the IMO # of your ship.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by V999; 09-22-2023 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-23-2023, 01:28 PM
gphilpottBGTS
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The easy way is to ask your SA to tell you what ship it is on. Once my TYD said my other car left port he sent me a screen grab of his info that showed left port, ship, and next stop. it also had the tire code which unfortunately for that car was Pirellis.
Old 09-23-2023, 01:31 PM
gphilpottBGTS
Intermediate

For those with San Diego cars, I saw that Apollon Leader arrived in Emden last night. It is scheduled to leave on 9/27 so don't know if it will leave earlier or sit in port for 4 days. They usually don't park there that long because of the volume of ships in and out. Hopefully i'm on that ship as my car has been there since the 16th. Arrival ETA in San Diego is 10/20 now.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:56 PM
gphilpottBGTS
Intermediate

My car left early this morning from Emden and will make a stop in Bremerhaven before it's journey to San Diego. It's on the Apollon Leader so if any of you were looking to hitch a ride to San Diego and your TYD said it left, that's the ship it is on.

As many of you know, the tracking on TYD is for illustration only, the ship is actually going east to Bremerhaven port and not through the English Channel like TYD is showing.

As it gets closer to San Diego you can visit https://www.portofsandiego.org/ and then click on Get Ship Schedule and then you'll see exactly when it is docking there. Good luck to all.
Old 09-26-2023, 12:19 AM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

@gphilpottBGTS Congrats on getting on the Apollon Leader. I had started a post this morning where I had written that Vessel Finder was showing that the Apollon Leader had left the Emden, so there was a good chance that you are on it. I had to go out and switched to another app and when I returned the draft message was gone. Thanks for the tip on portofsandiego.org. I recently saw that someone was able to use a similar website to grab a screenshot of one of the vessel carriers as it went through the Panama Canal. Once these ships get close to land, we can start picking up the location again on vesselfinder.com including docking at San Diego. So far, in my case - Emden, Southampton, heading to San Diego - the TYD icon showing my GT3 heading toward the U.S. has been about in the same position as shown on Vesselfinder.com, so they must have used the correct programmed coordinates in my case. I think it’s cool that the TYD icon is my spec even if it is pointing in the wrong direction.

@V999 Thanks for the tip on the F12 hack. My current laptop is running Firefox and Edge, but I dug out an old laptop with Chrome and it worked. I also saw three photos listed confirming that that’s all that apparently exist for my car. Also, there a a bunch of geo-coordinates, probably the ones programmed for TYD showing the route and, of course, the name of the vessel which I confirmed was the Altair Leader.

Aside from driving a GT4 a few years ago with the GM of my Porsche dealer and on other occasions begging my wife’s sister to let me drive her Subaru Forester stick whenever we visit her, I haven’t had a manual transmission since trading my 2005 Carrera S on a PDK-only 911 Turbo. So needless to say, I am very excited. I had PDK in my 991.2 GT3 and it was great. I did a lot more shifting in/out of corners (mimicking Indycar and F1, of course), but I’m ready for the 6-speed experience again.

Last edited by AtTheGlen; 09-26-2023 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-26-2023, 07:11 PM
Brinkmann
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

For those of us with cars coming to the US east coast, what's the next available ship and when is it departing Emden? My 911 hit the port on 9/18.

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA