Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 09:09 PM
mdgrwl
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 71 Posts

How are you guys seeing which vessel your car is on in the TYD app? My car just left port on the 29th. It seems its on the Supreme Ace, but I'm trying to figure out for sure.
Old 08-29-2023, 10:37 PM
EMdoc
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Asking your SA would be the easiest. I think TYD at some point showed the vessel, but I couldn't find it. Mine is on the Poseidon Leader so depends on which port you are heading toward.
Old 08-30-2023, 12:15 AM
kkevinqq
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

Anyone here on the Crystal Ray? Ship docked at Benicia yesterday, but I haven't received the "Your Porsche has arrived at the local entry port" TYD update yet.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:48 AM
umdrum
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone happen to have an updated Emden schedule to Baltimore? My GTS still shows "leaving" 31-Aug. Is it possible it could have gotten on a ship and the app didn't update...?
Old 09-08-2023, 01:28 AM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Get a V-Code Printout From Your Dealer

My car arrived at Emden on 9/4. TYD had it leaving the port on 9/5, which was optimistic if not impossible. I called the Sales Manager to request the V-Codes and Dates and it shows the car exiting the port on 9/8. So I’m pleased that there is an attainable date (TYD still shows 9/5) and I have one more day before I will be disappointed that another date has slipped. A couple interesting points for others tracking their cars:

- My exit production date was originally 7/28 in which case I figured that the car would have exited the port around the beginning of the August shutdown.
- I have a photo taken of the car on 7/26 (see below) where it is on the elevator heading to final testing but it did not go to Emden but to “Custom Tailoring” (= CT) maybe for the race-tex visors or the painted key/leather pouch.
- So it was hung up at the plant throughout the shutdown, but the good news is that the recent Actual Dates have consistently beat the Planned and Expected Dates, so I hope I am and you will be on a roll after finishing production. I’d like to think that an Exit Emden date would be set in stone because of the planned vessel capacity, loading sequence, downstream delivery date, etc., but I’m hoping the car is not stranded in Emden for a month or more.

2024 GT3 Wing MT - Cannot Wait For This Car!
Old 09-14-2023, 06:57 PM
gphilpottBGTS
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eusta
Thank You
Do you or anyone else have an updated schedule for mid/late september departures from Emden?

My car was just finished and is on the way to Emden. TYD says it will leave next week but I know from experience that is a placeholder date so wondering what ships are actually going to be going to San Diego sooner than later?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2023, 07:06 PM
ddas1992
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gphilpottBGTS
Do you or anyone else have an updated schedule for mid/late september departures from Emden?

My car was just finished and is on the way to Emden. TYD says it will leave next week but I know from experience that is a placeholder date so wondering what ships are actually going to be going to San Diego sooner than later?

Thanks
See below.

Last edited by ddas1992; 09-14-2023 at 07:07 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ddas1992:
agfox (09-17-2023), AtTheGlen (09-14-2023), GT3 Mike (09-18-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 07:24 PM
gphilpottBGTS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ddas1992
See below.

Great, thank you!
Old 09-14-2023, 11:14 PM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Default My Experience with Track Your Disappointment

My GT3 is sitting at the port in Emden having arrived on Sep 4. At the time, TYD showed an unrealistic “leaving port date” of Sep 5. The dealer’s info from 8/25 showed at V332 (Exit Port Emden): planned, 9/08; scheduled 9/29. These dates are similar to ones in a TYD screenshot from 8/2 showing arrival at a west coast dealer at the end of Oct. My car is also going to San Diego, so @gphilpottBGTS , thanks to the info provided by @ddas1992 showing the vessel “Apollon Leader” leaving 9/27 and arriving in San Diego on 10/20. I hope that we are on that one. There is a sister ship (“Wild Rose Leader”) leaving about 7 days later but arriving in San Diego 11 days later. My hope that we’re on the earlier vessel, which is feasible now that my TYD and the dealer’s V-codes are close to that date.

Here is additional information for others besides me playing the TYD lottery. On 7/24, TYD showed the car arriving in Emden on 8/6 and leaving on 8/7 with arrival at the dealer on 9/7. That seemed possible because I had the “elevator, going to final testing” photo from 7/26. According to the V-Codes (but invisible in TYD) the car had to go to CT (I’ve heard that is “Custom Tailoring”) for something: race-tex visors?, painted keys + pouch?, clear taillights?), so the car must have been caught up in the shutdown. The revised TYD showed arrival at the port on 9/15, but it arrived on 9/4, so I was encouraged that the car might be on the ship soon afterward.

Two days ago, TYD updated to leaving the port on 9/27 and reaching the dealer on 10/28. So TYD appears to have ultimately aligned with the dealer’s V-code info saying the scheduled date for exiting Emden is 9/29.

Bottom line, especially early in the TYD life cycle, dates can change early, late and often, and even at this stage I don’t have confidence in the dates. Also, the GT3 disappeared from My Porsche on the iPhone/iPad app, so I use the Porsche.com website version. My iPhone and iPad operating systems are up to date. That can be a reason why TYD is not showing on the app according to the customer support guy who tried to help.
The following users liked this post:
JCBH (09-16-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 12:50 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by AtTheGlen
My GT3 is sitting at the port in Emden having arrived on Sep 4. At the time, TYD showed an unrealistic “leaving port date” of Sep 5. The dealer’s info from 8/25 showed at V332 (Exit Port Emden): planned, 9/08; scheduled 9/29. These dates are similar to ones in a TYD screenshot from 8/2 showing arrival at a west coast dealer at the end of Oct. My car is also going to San Diego, so @gphilpottBGTS , thanks to the info provided by @ddas1992 showing the vessel “Apollon Leader” leaving 9/27 and arriving in San Diego on 10/20. I hope that we are on that one. There is a sister ship (“Wild Rose Leader”) leaving about 7 days later but arriving in San Diego 11 days later. My hope that we’re on the earlier vessel, which is feasible now that my TYD and the dealer’s V-codes are close to that date.

Here is additional information for others besides me playing the TYD lottery. On 7/24, TYD showed the car arriving in Emden on 8/6 and leaving on 8/7 with arrival at the dealer on 9/7. That seemed possible because I had the “elevator, going to final testing” photo from 7/26. According to the V-Codes (but invisible in TYD) the car had to go to CT (I’ve heard that is “Custom Tailoring”) for something: race-tex visors?, painted keys + pouch?, clear taillights?), so the car must have been caught up in the shutdown. The revised TYD showed arrival at the port on 9/15, but it arrived on 9/4, so I was encouraged that the car might be on the ship soon afterward.

Two days ago, TYD updated to leaving the port on 9/27 and reaching the dealer on 10/28. So TYD appears to have ultimately aligned with the dealer’s V-code info saying the scheduled date for exiting Emden is 9/29.

Bottom line, especially early in the TYD life cycle, dates can change early, late and often, and even at this stage I don’t have confidence in the dates. Also, the GT3 disappeared from My Porsche on the iPhone/iPad app, so I use the Porsche.com website version. My iPhone and iPad operating systems are up to date. That can be a reason why TYD is not showing on the app according to the customer support guy who tried to help.
TYD has proven to be pretty unreliable w/the two cars I'm waiting on. It's fun and interesting and I'm glad Porsche has created it. But I've learned not to form expectations from the predicted dates.

Our cars arrived in Emden at roughly the same time. My GT3 TYD schedule showed the same 1 day in port as yours, initially. My Cayenne has been showing the same 1 day wait in Emden for a while. Seems that 1 day wait is just the default TYD uses when they don't yet know when the car will arrive in Emden. I would think they'd use an average of the wait times for all cars leaving Emden that include the customer's destination port.

Sunshine Ace was the next boat arriving in Emden and headed to the US East Coast. Was running late. TYD updated on the 13th and pushed my dates back, indicating that I'd missed Sunshine Ace. Then yesterday, a day later, it changed and shows that I've left Emden (on Sunshine Ace, from the info in the site's web-request data).

Here's all the changes to my GT3 TYD schedule. This doesn't include that the car, pre-order, looking at the dealer's internal tracking schedule, was scheduled to be a July build with an August delivery.

My Cayenne S was supposed to be a September delivery, is projected to be delivered in December now. We'll see.

I'll be happy if the cars show up in one piece, with all the bits I ordered, and are in good reliable working order. The "when" is less important.

AtTheGlen (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 01:02 PM
gphilpottBGTS
Intermediate

TYD for the Boxster GTS I ordered last winter was all over the place. From the time the SA gave me an expected date of early May, TYD wasn't close on any stage. And it was off anywhere from 6-8 weeks late on delivery date to 3 weeks early. As it turns out it showed up at the dealer 3 days earlier than the date he gave me in late January. Car came from Zuffenhausen/Stuttgart.

The Macan S we ordered in June is another story. Hit EXACT dates through production and leaving to port each time, scary. I suspect it will be a little longer by a few days at the end as fewer ships to San Diego but I think I'll be on the Apollon Leader with @AtTheGlen arriving around 10/20. TYD says will be at the dealer on 10/20 but the ship in May was 3 days early and it was at the dealer a day after arriving at port so TYD may get it right again. The Macans are made in Leipzig and they are highly produced so probably why they are more on schedule and easier for TYD as very few moving parts.

Think of it this way, TYD gives everyone something to do and go on forums about, and keep therapists busy. All good.
The following 2 users liked this post by gphilpottBGTS:
AtTheGlen (09-15-2023), V999 (09-15-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 10:05 PM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Default SHOCKED! IT’S ON THE BOAT!

@V999 Thanks for your posts about timing and how you thought that you missed the Sunshine Ace, etc. The spreadsheet idea is brilliant, definitely something I’ll do next time. Being the eternal optimist, your post gave me hope thinking: “Yeah, I might be on a ship heading to San Diego and maybe TYD had not updated yet.” Today (9/16), I received an email saying that my GT3 had left Emden, which is 13 days earlier than the last TYD update! Thanks to the post from @ddas1992 , I must be on the Altair Leader, which gets into San Diego on 10/9 (TYD says 10/13). The location on the My Porsche app is the same as what I’m seeing for the Altair Leader on Vessel Finder. It’s cool how the My Porsche app now shows the approximate location of the ship. The “icon” representing my car looks exactly like my spec - except it’s facing the wrong way! BTW, the My Porsche app disappeared from my iPhone and iPad after a guy from Porsche Customer Service and I spent about a half-hour fixing it a couple of days ago. They are still working on it. If any of you have that issue, try calling Porsche Customer Support. I now use the porsche.com webpage version.
V999 (09-16-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 11:34 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 219 Posts

@V999 Thanks for your posts about timing and how you thought that you missed the Sunshine Ace, etc. The spreadsheet idea is brilliant, definitely something I’ll do next time. Being the eternal optimist, your post gave me hope thinking: “Yeah, I might be on a ship heading to San Diego and maybe TYD had not updated yet.” Today (9/16), I received an email saying that my GT3 had left Emden, which is 13 days earlier than the last TYD update! Thanks to the post from @ddas1992 , I must be on the Altair Leader, which gets into San Diego on 10/9 (TYD says 10/13). The location on the My Porsche app is the same as what I’m seeing for the Altair Leader on Vessel Finder. It’s cool how the My Porsche app now shows the approximate location of the ship. The “icon” representing my car looks exactly like my spec - except it’s facing the wrong way! BTW, the My Porsche app disappeared from my iPhone and iPad after a guy from Porsche Customer Service and I spent about a half-hour fixing it a couple of days ago. They are still working on it. If any of you have that issue, try calling Porsche Customer Support. I now use the porsche.com webpage version.
This site is great for tracking car carriers (or other ships). Just plug in your ship name. You get frequent and accurate position updates for free when near a coast. For a fee, you can track it accurately across the ocean by satellite.

https://www.vesselfinder.com

The spreadsheet idea I stole from another Rennlister a while back. It’s fun to track all the changes.
AtTheGlen (09-17-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 03:10 PM
jhedly
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gphilpottBGTS
Great, thank you!
Can anyone explain why some dates are in RED and others are not? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-20-2023, 12:23 PM
jhedly
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jhedly
Can anyone explain why some dates are in RED and others are not? Thanks in advance!

Let's try this again as I forgot to attached the chart. Some dates are shown in red above (others are white). Anyone understand why this is? TY

Last edited by jhedly; 09-20-2023 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA