Sponsored by:

Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 06:13 PM
JB42
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adibadi
I just got an email that my car passed inspection and now awaiting transport. I should be taking delivery withing 2-4 days after it leaves Port Benicia.
Thats awesome!! your car was on Glovis Courage that unloaded @ Benicia on 1/9/23 Correct? If so.. My car is @ Benica waiting to get thru processing.. Hopefully I will be hearing positive news soon as well.. Congratulations.

Last edited by JB42; 01-17-2023 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2023, 06:21 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
That vessel looks like it's in trouble if that's the actual track.

That first "stall" loop before heading towards Brixham took 8 hours. Then, heads back to the East, but went into stall mode again for a little over 4 hours.
Looks like the speed of the boat never exceeds 10.4 knots.

Mechanical issue?
Weather related?
Definitely not broken!

Originally Posted by jrussodmd
A friend of mine is a captain of cargo ships in the Caribbean and he said these "car carriers are **** in bad weather...they roll like crazy." And since there are several vessels in the area all drifting, they're hiding from the weather (a high that's moving in, in about a day). If it was mechanical then that would mean all those vessels have issues and it would be news worthy.
Yeah, looking at all the other ships in that area, there are several car carriers and container ships just burning bunker oil. Some of these patterns are funny.

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 01-17-2023 at 06:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jrussodmd (01-18-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 07:20 PM
adibadi
8th Gear

Yes.
Old 01-17-2023, 09:24 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by jrussodmd
A friend of mine is a captain of cargo ships in the Caribbean and he said these "car carriers are **** in bad weather...they roll like crazy." And since there are several vessels in the area all drifting, they're hiding from the weather (a high that's moving in, in about a day)
Sounds right. RoRo's have earned the derisive knick name "Roll-on/Roll-over".

Run and hide, Supreme Ace... Run and hide.

Last edited by pfbz; 01-17-2023 at 09:27 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by pfbz:
jrussodmd (01-18-2023), Needsdecaf (01-18-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 12:43 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Looks like after a long hold and spinning in circles, the Supreme Ace is finally Oscar Mike!

The following 4 users liked this post by pfbz:
Diablo Dude (01-19-2023), EXFIB (01-26-2023), jrussodmd (01-21-2023), Needsdecaf (01-19-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 12:53 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,245 Posts

GREAT NEWS!
Needsdecaf (01-19-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 05:52 PM
JB42
7th Gear

My SA just told me that my car cleared customs and finished port processing and is now awaiting transport to dealer. Anybody else that was on Glovis Courage with their cars delivered to Benicia on 1/9/23 have success with their car already being delivered to the dealer? My SA says that it still can take anywhere from a couple days to several weeks before they get it... Sounds like they are backed up or a lot of cars were delivered by Glovis Courage to the Benicia Port.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:58 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by JB42
My SA just told me that my car cleared customs and finished port processing and is now awaiting transport to dealer. Anybody else that was on Glovis Courage with their cars delivered to Benicia on 1/9/23 have success with their car already being delivered to the dealer? My SA says that it still can take anywhere from a couple days to several weeks before they get it... Sounds like they are backed up or a lot of cars were delivered by Glovis Courage to the Benicia Port.
There was a backup at Benicia about a month and a half ago, but I think it revolved around Taycans.

My GT3 Touring came into Port on 12/23 on the Glovis Clipper, was offloaded later that morning and completed port processing on Dec. 24th.
My dealer got the "ready for transport" message the following Monday, day after Xmas. It showed up at my local dealer (just 14 miles from the port) the next day.
Obviously, my car didnt have any issues, was processed in record time, and Porsche wanted to book the "Bill of Sale" before year end.

But I do have a friend with a GT4RS on the same boat that has been stuck at the port with a broken windscreen.
The dealers receive very little communication on when the truck shows up with cars at the dealership.
They only get a message "ready for transport".

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-19-2023 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:11 PM
jmarton
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

There was a backup at Benicia about a month and a half ago, but I think it revolved around Taycans.

My GT3 Touring came into Port on 12/23 on the Glovis Clipper, was offloaded later that morning and completed port processing on Dec. 24th.
My dealer got the "ready for transport" message the following Monday, day after Xmas. It showed up at my local dealer (just 14 miles from the port) the next day.
Obviously, my car didnt have any issues, was processed in record time, and Porsche wanted to book the "Bill of Sale" before year end.

But I do have a friend with a GT4RS on the same boat that has been stuck at the port with a broken windscreen.
The dealers receive very little communication on when the truck shows up with cars at the dealership.
I’m sitting in the Benicia Port too, going to the same dealer 14 miles away. I understand they’ve received about 20% of their cars from the Courage. Rumor is, just waiting on transport. How did he find out about the broken window, through his SA I assume?

Old 01-19-2023, 09:10 PM
Undertwig
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sitting at Benicia Port as well. I kept bugging my SA for a few times, But he didn't give any info on the current status.
I just found out that I could add the car into "My Porsche" account. And from the website, I can download the Window Sticker and at the top of window sticker, it shows time "Jan 17, 2023".
I assume that's the time of the car gets cleared from customs? Means released from port?
The window sticker should be only available after port released?
The TYD shows the dealer arrival ETA is Jan 20th.

CONS of adding vehicle to my porsche account: it will activate your free porsche connect service immediately which may expire within 3 years, starting when you add the car. However, the car is not delivered yet.

Old 01-20-2023, 02:01 AM
mirage15
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have went through numerous delays that I won’t bore you with in getting my GT3. My biggest frustration is the lack of communication when we all spend good money for an awesome car. It isn’t really the dealerships fault in most case. Porsche should communicate way more than they do IMHO.
Diablo Dude (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 12:06 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Undertwig
CONS of adding vehicle to my porsche account: it will activate your free porsche connect service immediately which may expire within 3 years, starting when you add the car. However, the car is not delivered yet.
I dont believe this is true.

My "My Connect Services" all show a contract term that expires on Dec. 28th, 2025
Dec. 27th, 2022 is when my car got delivered to my local dealership and Dec. 28th was when a service tech "checked" the car into the system and started the PDI.

Had nothing to do with when I added my 2023 Touring into the My Porsche app or when I actually "connected" with the Porsche Connect Service.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-20-2023 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-20-2023, 12:43 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Undertwig
I am sitting at Benicia Port as well. I kept bugging my SA for a few times, But he didn't give any info on the current status.
I just found out that I could add the car into "My Porsche" account. And from the website, I can download the Window Sticker and at the top of window sticker, it shows time "Jan 17, 2023".
I assume that's the time of the car gets cleared from customs? Means released from port?
It's possible.
But it's hard to say what that "date" actually reflects.

My Window Sticker on My Porsche App has a date of 12/24/22 and that's when my car was undergoing port processing.
It came off the Glovis Clipper the day before, Friday, 12/23/22 and I was at the port watching them unload.
The next day was Xmas and on the following Monday my SA received a message saying
"ready for transport" and my car arrived the very next day on Tuesday, 12/27/22
at my East Bay dealership.

Old 01-20-2023, 11:57 PM
adibadi
8th Gear

Originally Posted by JB42
My SA just notified me that my car just left Port Benicia today. Should reach the Bellevue dealership tomorrow or Sunday! 🙌🏻
Diablo Dude (01-21-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 11:47 AM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
For those waiting in Emden with deliveries to east coast or Houston, latest PWL schedule....

From my TYD estimate it looks like I'll be on the San Martin unless I somehow get bumped up onto the Supreme Ace which is loading right now...

My GTS departed for Emden 1/19. Estimated 1/27 arival. Baltimore Estimate 2/10 according to TYD. Does that mean it will be on the Composer? (unless they missed the timing and its actually on Confucious?) The TYD was all over the place last week.

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA