Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 08:20 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Porsche Chandler in AZ Adam Frank is a liar. Sent me an email over a year ago, ‘oh you’re on our list now’. Called today, zero record of me, my name, email, number. Same dude who said I can be bumped up the GT3 list if I buy a Panamera or Cayenne on showroom floor earlier this year.

So I’ve given up all hope. Pretty late in the game to try to get any sort of allocation at this point. Guess we’ll see how this plays out over the GT3 production run, maybe a decent used spec comes.

Could be worse. My family is healthy, love spending time with my kids, and my wife won’t be pissed about another car purchase lol
Old 09-24-2021, 08:23 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyuofa
Porsche Chandler in AZ Adam Frank is a liar. Sent me an email over a year ago, ‘oh you’re on our list now’. Called today, zero record of me, my name, email, number. Same dude who said I can be bumped up the GT3 list if I buy a Panamera or Cayenne on showroom floor earlier this year.

So I’ve given up all hope. Pretty late in the game to try to get any sort of allocation at this point. Guess we’ll see how this plays out over the GT3 production run, maybe a decent used spec comes.

Could be worse. My family is healthy, love spending time with my kids, and my wife won’t be pissed about another car purchase lol
You bought a Panamera off the floor and they don’t remember you?! Wow.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:41 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

have you had any contact in the past year? Called him? Emailed him? Anything?
Old 09-24-2021, 08:49 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Originally Posted by raymort
You bought a Panamera off the floor and they don’t remember you?! Wow.
No haha that’s was his offer to me to be ‘first on list’ according to his email
Old 09-24-2021, 08:51 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
have you had any contact in the past year? Called him? Emailed him? Anything?
i emailed him, but no response. It’s been a stressful year, so been consumed with my business, and I would forget to follow up. Maybe it’s my fault for not following up. But the part that really pissed me off, there’s zero record of me at the dealer when I’ve had previous with him. He did contact me, up until the point where I did not buy the Panamera
Old 09-24-2021, 08:52 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

No haha that’s was his offer to me to be ‘first on list’ according to his email
If you show up with 35-50k over MSRP you may be competitive for an allocation…
Old 09-24-2021, 08:55 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

If you show up with 35-50k over MSRP you may be competitive for an allocation…
Funny you say that. I got hooked into his ‘we try to build relationships with local clients’ and ‘no markups’ blah blah blah. What a load of crap.

But yea, you’re right. At least the other dealer an hour down south of me was honest and told me, you want one, have to pay $25k.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (09-25-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 08:55 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

i emailed him, but no response. It’s been a stressful year, so been consumed with my business, and I would forget to follow up. Maybe it’s my fault for not following up. But the part that really pissed me off, there’s zero record of me at the dealer when I’ve had previous with him. He did contact me, up until the point where I did not buy the Panamera
Just so you don’t feel too bad, the sales guys get probably 200x more calls than they have allocations. If you weren’t going to pay extra, they have other buyers.

Being on a “list” when they don’t know you is just a friendly good buy until you buy something.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:06 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Just so you don’t feel too bad, the sales guys get probably 200x more calls than they have allocations. If you weren’t going to pay extra, they have other buyers.

Being on a “list” when they don’t know you is just a friendly good buy until you buy something.
With Porsche Chandler, that never even came up. Should I have offered this to get ball moving? Guess I never even considered it since I was told, no markups
Old 09-24-2021, 09:10 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

With Porsche Chandler, that never even came up. Should I have offered this to get ball moving? Guess I never even considered it since I was told, no markups
Hey, all is not lost. Just leap frog someone else with a better offer.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:18 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Hey, all is not lost. Just leap frog someone else with a better offer.
lol. Maybe I’ll have to.

Thank you for the replies back. I was hoping to be like that other guy here who’s first ever Porsche was a 992 GT3 haha
Old 09-25-2021, 02:01 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 394 Posts

lol. Maybe I’ll have to.

Thank you for the replies back. I was hoping to be like that other guy here who’s first ever Porsche was a 992 GT3 haha
I have found Adam Frank and Porsche Chandler to be very good to work with. There are more allocations coming, so who knows what the future brings for you, but you still have a chance to get one, just not an early one. They only got 5-6 allocations in the first round and you have to understand that they have several customers that buy a lot of cars from them and are always going to be priority. Way to fix that is to start buying a lot of cars from them and be a good customer (use service and parts department as well). I'm sure the dealers are frustrated as well when they have phone calls every day that want a car and they only got 5-6 of them so far. They also need/want to sell the cars in their territory to keep their allocaitons coming. I will also tell you that my first car I bought from them was a GT car and I paid $25k ADM for it back then. Was happy too because that was the only way I was getting one with no relationship.

Last edited by joejenie; 09-25-2021 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:44 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

So a year ago you said put me on the list. Then you didn’t contact the dealer for a year. Never bought anything and then are upset that you didn’t get a GT3 allocation.

Do I have the story correct?
Old 09-25-2021, 08:05 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Hopefully the new C8 Z06 will hold together at the track.

Such a nice simple procedure to get one at MSRP.. make deposit time stamped and first come first serve..

The dealers shafted me in 2019 but still somehow got an RS allocation via connections and help from others but not this time, not groveling again, maybe the economy will make it so the dealers choke on cars again like in 2011 and we can go pick one off the lot?

Fingers crossed they were serious this time about track hardening the Z06 after the C7 Z06 fail..
Old 09-25-2021, 04:32 PM
SLATETT
Racer

Received 188 Likes on 92 Posts

Howdy .. just spoke to Porsche Burlington, MA about this https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/...gt3-new-JR3G3L

If you are interested .. still available .. for $100K ADM .... whoa Herb Chambers ... good luck!

As others have said .. the MAX I pay is MSRP .. patience literally pays off
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (09-25-2021)

Quick Reply: Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread