Sponsored by:

Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 04:48 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by n2cars
I've been on this forum for 15 years and never put anyone on my "Ignore" list. But Mjort316 is annoying. And I'm not joking.
I find him seriously refreshing. Honest. We're here for entertainment, strong opinions and attitudes are more interesting than "uhm guys, do you think I should spec a blue stripe or a grey stripe on my steering wheel. Thanks in advance for all your help..." type of meaningless meek value-detracting sheep posts.
Name:  photo876.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  322.8 KB

Last edited by CAlexio; 09-04-2021 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:50 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,519 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
uhm guys, do you think I should spec a blue stripe or a grey stripe on my steering wheel.
I'd say blue, because the grey would get lost in the mouse fur.
The following users liked this post:
michaeldorian (09-06-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 06:45 PM
arrowheaddoctor
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

back to the point of this tread, anyone who places a 50k ADM does so b/c they appreciate the car, but also hopes it's not a complete loss.... assuming they hold on to the car for 2-3 yrs, it'll be worth around MSRP at the time of resale depending on mileage and market... At this point, unless you're looking to immediately flip, your 50k is a big tip to Porsche for making an amazing car! This is the predicament I'm in right now....
Old 09-04-2021, 06:57 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

This is hilarious... to the M8 guy. Lets meet at Road America and see who can complete more laps in a given time period.
Mr Mojo Risin (09-05-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 07:29 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 634 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJay
This is hilarious... to the M8 guy. Lets meet at Road America and see who can complete more laps in a given time period.
Brakes melted off of the M8 in 3 laps, tops.
User 81423 (09-04-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 08:51 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,381 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by arrowheaddoctor
.... 50k ADM ..... your 50k is a big tip to Porsche ...
You do realise that Porsche gets nothing of that ADM. It all winds up in the dealer's pocket.
The following 2 users liked this post by ExMB:
arrowheaddoctor (09-04-2021), Freddie Two Bs (09-04-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 09:07 PM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by arrowheaddoctor
back to the point of this tread, anyone who places a 50k ADM does so b/c they appreciate the car, but also hopes it's not a complete loss.... assuming they hold on to the car for 2-3 yrs, it'll be worth around MSRP at the time of resale depending on mileage and market... At this point, unless you're looking to immediately flip, your 50k is a big tip to Porsche for making an amazing car! This is the predicament I'm in right now....
Well said!
Old 09-04-2021, 10:39 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 328 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
While I am trying to be nicer these days, some of your comments are ignorant and insulting. You seem to want a turbo, high torque engine. Save yourself the $$ of buying the wrong car and skip the Gt3.

If you want to challenge the "value" of a new GT3 please compare it to similar track-oriented cars.

I own an M850 and while I like it and it may best a Gt3 in a drag race, who care??

You are on the wrong car (or are a troll) seemingly to impress others.
TOTAL troll
Old 09-05-2021, 06:57 AM
blabus
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

I’m so tired of people with this mindset draining the soul and joy out of hobbies with their speculative bull****. The exact same thing is currently happening with watches and it’s miserable. Leave your money in the market; the returns will be higher (in the long run), the effort will be lower, and most importantly you won’t be denying an enthusiast access to something they’ll actually appreciate.
The following 2 users liked this post by blabus:
michaeldorian (09-06-2021), ToasterThief (09-06-2021)
Old 09-05-2021, 09:09 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjort316
I can tell by the comments none of you ever factored in the performance of the car one bit. You heard this car holds its value great, and you can tell people you have a Porsche and that’s good enough.

The dorks who had no friends in HS and got no girls who look to a car to make them cool in their adult years.

To the you “offered 10K comment” yes. ASAP doesn’t mean now. I can wait a year. The faster the better. But why would I again pay $50,000 extra for a car BMW trolls their M8 with calling it the “911 killer” and guess what? It was made in 2019, this GT3 made in 2022 still hasn’t caught up! 🤣.

I was told the people in here would buying it for image, status yada yada. See how good that ego is after a monster boat M8 embarrasses you. And it’s fine the GT3 offers other things, but the point is not at a 50K premium. I can pay the premium I have the money. Only an idiot would do that though. This started with condescending comments like it’s something that should be done automatically. 👍

This could never happen at AMG or M. This type of logjam because those customers would look at this car, see it’s performance like normal car enthusiasts and laugh off the premium.

The geeks are only factoring in its re-sale value. The Porsche geeks. 😭.
just shut up
The following 3 users liked this post by motorwerksgroup:
n2cars (09-05-2021), NYCGT3 (09-05-2021), TukeeGatorGT3 (09-10-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 12:21 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

A few words on the BMW fanboys. Stereotypes are dangerous but I have numerous examples of many insecure BMW drivers trying to prove themselves IN A STRAIGHT LINE on public roads. Cut off other drivers. Simple small d*(ck energy. This is simply the best chance they have, because in any other conditions- racetrack, undulating curvy backroads, long stretches at high speeds (> 120 mph), they won't win. It's simple- they just won't win. Their best chance with their aftermarket terrible sounding exhausts is gunning it off a stoplight or going from 40-80 mph full throttle in their biturbo SUVs. It's flat garbage. IMO BMW used to make more exciting cars, but it's too diluted now.

You'll also notice most Corvette drivers (including ZO6) seldom pull this garbage.

In my TTS I just laugh when I see this trash on public roads. In the GT3 I would also laugh. Both cars are simply overdesigned for public roads and there is no NEED to prove anything. Facts are facts.

Bartleby7334 (09-08-2021)
Old 09-06-2021, 12:33 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,114 Likes on 1,428 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjort316
The only thing funny is paying 30-50K over sticker for something an M5Comp will embarrass at a stop light 🤣. What are you going to do when/if that happens?

Porsche has you doing manual labor putting in an absurd effort to call all over like a chicken with its head cut off. You’re calling with your $50,000 in hand ready to hand it the owner so he orders you a car and sells it to you at full price. You are paying an extreme amount for a vehicle more than the average say Toyota customer and your experience is 30x worse. You are being treated like a loser.

This is a car that would get torched by an entire portion of Porsches own fleet 🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭.

I bought the i8 during its hottest time. That cars hype makes this cars hype look like a Camry. It was not this ridiculous.

I have my deposit and sit at “7”. If it happens it happens.
You're in here offering to pay over sticker for a car you can't get then start talking **** about the car and the people who drive them because you can't get one. "Adult" throwing a temper tantrum because they can't get what they want.

Sounds like BMW is in your wheelhouse
Old 09-06-2021, 02:39 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
A few words on the BMW fanboys. Stereotypes are dangerous but I have numerous examples of many insecure BMW drivers trying to prove themselves IN A STRAIGHT LINE on public roads. Cut off other drivers. Simple small d*(ck energy. This is simply the best chance they have, because in any other conditions- racetrack, undulating curvy backroads, long stretches at high speeds (> 120 mph), they won't win. It's simple- they just won't win. Their best chance with their aftermarket terrible sounding exhausts is gunning it off a stoplight or going from 40-80 mph full throttle in their biturbo SUVs. It's flat garbage. IMO BMW used to make more exciting cars, but it's too diluted now.

You'll also notice most Corvette drivers (including ZO6) seldom pull this garbage.

In my TTS I just laugh when I see this trash on public roads. In the GT3 I would also laugh. Both cars are simply overdesigned for public roads and there is no NEED to prove anything. Facts are facts.
challenge accepted. Let’s meet on the track. I’ll bring my M4
Old 09-06-2021, 02:48 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,381 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6

Re BMW, I've met a few while doing HPDEs. Majority play by the rules whereas minority others only play by the rules for cars other than Porsche (no point by, no lift, etc).

Regarding vettes; Met a couple of newer C8 on the street. Both sped up, caught up to me and wanted to race.

So in my reality the % is with the vettes and not BMWs on the street.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:59 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

While Im no fanboy of BMWs, as I mentioned I daily drive an M8. Its a fast, fun, comfortable car. Completely different than any Porsche but its also a pig. Its heavy and you can feel the weight when you maneuver. I dont think its an ideal track car, but yes it is fast in a straight line and I quite like it. Going on about 2 years with it now.

Having said that, Im not keen on buying another Bimmer anytime soon. ITs just a big fat pig and that wears on you after a while. Looking for something more nimble for the next DD. Will probably look at a Panamera or maybe the new GTS to replace next year but we shall see.

Quick Reply: Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread