Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 05:29 PM
tthebert908
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread

Hi everyone,

In an attempt to get the most up to date info on the GT3 allocations, I skipped to the last page of the long Allocation + ADM thread only to find myself scouring through an unrelated discussion around who was considered “wealthy” based on their annual income.

I figured I’d take a crack at starting a thread here for anyone who is looking to NOW get a GT3 allocation from this summer onwards, now that we have more visibility into the 992 demand and just generally more data with Porsche’s production and the wait lists.

What sparked this is interestingly enough, my local dealer in a very large city has given me a story about how an allocation for a touring suddenly popped up. I had sat with the sales manager when my car was being serviced again for the water pump just to get a sense as to what kind of allocations they were getting, purely out of curiosity given I live in one of the largest cities in the US.

I was told it was possible for me to get an allocation at $25K over MSRP and an end of 2022 delivery. I’m specifically interested in the touring, which has even fewer allocations. So, I decided to stop looking into it. He also gave me a bit of spiel about how he keeps his ADM down for local customers because they’re likely to be long term customers, but he bragged about how he could sell the touring for $75k ADM for an out of state California buyer. Hmmmmm. Really though? Is that how this is working?

But then I run into the guy on the street a few weeks later! He stops me and says a big customer of theirs backed out of a $25k deposit literally yesterday and they have a touring I can get delivered this summer. Too good to be true alarm bells start firing off in my head. It did sound like they really wanted the trade in on my 991.2 carrera S though (which I can definitely understand given it’s mileage, MT, and specs), which is the only thing I could justify this insanity with. Why not give it to the next guy on the list? Keeping in mind I am in a very large city and there has to be at least a decent sized list.

What am I missing? Is everyone getting allocations now? The first several pages of the existing Allocation thread would lead you to believe it was still very difficult to get one. But I just walked into the dealer and spent a few hours with them, have my one C2S serviced there for 18 months, and suddenly my low LTV *** get a touring allocation because someone dropped out? I am likely to walk especially without communication proof of the dropout between the customer and dealer, but I am tempted because I’ve been looking into the GT3’s and the 991.2’s are out of control in the secondary market. It is cheaper to buy new with an ADM, which led me to believe financially I could probably drive this car for very low total cost of ownership (not to start the whole just buy the car vs. fiscally responsible argument again, but to me with a finance background I get an immense amount of enjoyment by also knowing that my 911 cost less than buying a brand new Camry). I wouldn’t be a flipper so to speak, but why not get a new touring, drive it for a few thousand miles, and have the ability to sell it for what I bought it for if not more? Keeping in mind I have the ability to register the car in New Hampshire because I have a house / residency there and not pay sales tax (disclaimer: ability being the key word!)

Might be worth saying which region the allocation was in, what ADM if any, touring/winged, down payment $, and projected delivery to get a sense as to where we are at here.

Last edited by tthebert908; 06-28-2021 at 05:37 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by tthebert908:
moveswiftly (07-05-2021), Therosser77 (06-29-2021), zunayed (07-29-2021)

Popular Reply

06-29-2021, 11:46 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 1,388 Posts

This thread sucks.
Old 06-28-2021, 05:35 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

If he told you he has a Touring allocation that can be delivered this summer, he's either misinformed or lying. Tourings will not arrive in the US until Q1 of '22

That being said, maybe he just has his timing wrong and does in fact have an early Touring allocation, which would be delivered early next year. If that's the case, $25k ADM for an early Touring allocation isn't too steep compared to what I've seen out there.
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS:
17bhub (07-02-2021), WCGhost (06-29-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 05:41 PM
tthebert908
Advanced

Originally Posted by PTS
If he told you he has a Touring allocation that can be delivered this summer, he's either misinformed or lying. Tourings will not arrive in the US until Q1 of '22

That being said, maybe he just has his timing wrong and does in fact have an early Touring allocation, which would be delivered early next year. If that's the case, $25k ADM for an early Touring allocation isn't too steep compared to what I've seen out there.
Youre probably right on the timing. I may have misunderstood. We were talking quickly near a busy street. But it was very clear that I was going to be one of the first, if not the second, to take delivery of the car. He also mentioned for me NOT to do paint to sample, which is what I was hoping to do, because it would delay it another 3 months and I would’ve have the first ones on the road (not that I care about that all).

Again begs the question - why would I get the allocation? No way it’s just dumb luck. Maybe the demand isn’t actually there for ADM and they’re bumping me up because he knows I’m willing to pay one?
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 05:57 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

This is what many of us have been saying. Just be patient and you will get a car. This is not surprising to me. I have an MSRP build- arriving October 29th and am happy as a clam. Dont fret why you got an allocation. If you like the car/want the car- take the allocation and run.
The following 4 users liked this post by Yippiekiaye:
RUF RS (06-28-2021), Therosser77 (06-29-2021), User 81423 (06-29-2021), WCGhost (06-29-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 05:57 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 805 Likes on 370 Posts

Touring production is scheduled to begin Nov/Dec. PTS allocations begin Dec. $25k doesn't sound unreasonable for a PTS touring. I don't think PTS would delay your car. Custom colour certainly would.

I think there's plenty early demand for Touring.
Old 06-28-2021, 06:08 PM
tthebert908
Advanced

So with everyone having an allocation, is it expected that they will not trade higher than MSRP in the aftermarket?

For those wondering on PTS, I am very keen on Albert Blue. Just absolutely stunning, and think it’ll look Great in the 992 (I actually like different colors in this gen, such as yellow which I hated in the 991’s). But obviously most importantly, it rhymes (Albert Blue 992).

Last edited by tthebert908; 06-28-2021 at 06:09 PM.
IL_Pete (06-29-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 06:17 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 805 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by tthebert908
So with everyone having an allocation, is it expected that they will not trade higher than MSRP in the aftermarket?

For those wondering on PTS, I am very keen on Albert Blue. Just absolutely stunning, and think it’ll look Great in the 992 (I actually like different colors in this gen, such as yellow which I hated in the 991’s). But obviously most importantly, it rhymes (Albert Blue 992).
Who gives a ****. Buy the car and colour you like for you and your enjoyment.

I don't want to sound condescending, but if you're concerned about resale and depreciation, it will destroy your enjoyment of the car.

Buy the car and drive the living crap out of it. That's what it's built to do.

Albert blue is first on the PTS list. It would look awesome with bordeaux or speed blue custom interior.

Last edited by Jamie140; 06-28-2021 at 06:20 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Jamie140:
IrwinMFletcher (06-28-2021), Leslie Woodcock (09-05-2021), PTS (06-28-2021), Suitcase (06-30-2021), synaptic (09-06-2021), Tedster (07-09-2021), vernontwg (06-28-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-28-2021, 06:18 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

You're asking a hypothetical as well as asking us to predict the future. Based on a few things you've already said in this thread to the theme of "I can drive this car for free for x months" or "will this car trade above MSRP" maybe this isn't the right move for you. If you want the car to enjoy it, do it. But if you're immediately concerned with value retention and are entertaining an ADM, I'd buy something less expensive.
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS:
Captain P (07-15-2021), synaptic (09-06-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 06:22 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Who gives a ****. Buy the car and colour you like for you and your enjoyment.

I don't want to sound condescending, but if you're concerned about resale and depreciation, it will destroy your enjoyment of the car.

Buy the car and drive the living crap out of it. That's what it's built to do.

Albert blue is first on the PTS list. It would look awesome with bordeaux or speed blue custom interior.
+ 10000

Buy the car to enjoy. Not for resale.
Old 06-28-2021, 06:37 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 161 Posts

TROLL!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2021, 06:40 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

If you are buying with the idea of driving 1 year then selling while prices are high (or not high if recession is not held off by the Fed printing more money), you should only get a minimum of most desirable options in a boring color that will sell quickly. That might maximize your supposed return.

There will not be many more of these cars in the future based upon the current mindset of the politicos. It is difficult to predict whether you will like the touring driving experience if you have not had a GT car before.

Obviously a keeper car would not necessarily be a minimum of options in a boring color. Only you know what those possibilities might be.

Alpenwood (07-05-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 06:45 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Youre probably right on the timing. I may have misunderstood. We were talking quickly near a busy street. But it was very clear that I was going to be one of the first, if not the second, to take delivery of the car. He also mentioned for me NOT to do paint to sample, which is what I was hoping to do, because it would delay it another 3 months and I would’ve have the first ones on the road (not that I care about that all).

Again begs the question - why would I get the allocation? No way it’s just dumb luck. Maybe the demand isn’t actually there for ADM and they’re bumping me up because he knows I’m willing to pay one?
Sounds odd. Even if someone backed out yesterday, the build isn’t for 5-6 months away. Why would they be in a rush to sell it for 25k?
Old 06-28-2021, 06:58 PM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

If anyone has any leads on standard wing allocations for 15-25k range, please let me know.

OP, 25k for one of the first touring allocations sounds more then fair from the hunting I’ve been doing.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:03 PM
mjj
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

I would be happy as a clam if I could get an allocation on a winged GT3 as well.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:41 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,196 Likes on 577 Posts

I would not buy thinking that you are going to get on resale what some 991.2 Tourings are currently getting on resale. Yes, GT3s tend to depreciate less than, say, a Carrera, but generally they do depreciate. The 991.2 Touring "anomaly" may fizzle out, it may not, time will tell. But there were very few Tourings produced in the USA (only 150 PTS Tourings). There are sure to be more 992 Tourings this time around, so they will not be as hard to come by in the aftermarket. I agree with the others, buy it and drive the hell out of it. I think it is unfortunate that so many GT cars sit in the garage and only get driven maybe 100 miles a month (or less).
Tedster (07-09-2021)

Quick Reply: Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread