Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 07:48 PM
Mjort316
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Call them. It’s there. It’s lightly spec’d not a lot of options.

I asked to be on the list and they told me we have one in our showroom now.

I said what are you asking. 100 over.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:21 PM
IrwinMFletcher
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjort316
Call them. It’s there. It’s lightly spec’d not a lot of options.

I asked to be on the list and they told me we have one in our showroom now.

I said what are you asking. 100 over.
I don’t doubt you. Similarly, not interested at 100 over
The following users liked this post:
Mjort316 (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 02:06 PM
Mjort316
Intermediate

Another update + interesting info. Was semi-successful with another dealer.

They had 14 on the list. They said they get them in waves of 6. This time he only got 5. So there are 9 now. He wouldn’t put my name on the list, he said it’s backed up. Took my info promised to call once he could put it on.

One thing I can tell you if you’re paying an ADM and that car isn’t being delivered to your door, your spec and fairly immediate it is not worth it. Plenty of dealers I’m calling won’t even entertain an ADM.

They talk about it like it’s something illegal. If you have to wait anyway don’t pay.
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 02:21 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 233 Posts

They had 14 on the list. They said they get them in waves of 6. This time he only got 5. So there are 9 now. He wouldn’t put my name on the list, he said it’s backed up. Took my info promised to call once he could put it on.

One thing I can tell you if you’re paying an ADM and that car isn’t being delivered to your door, your spec and fairly immediate it is not worth it. Plenty of dealers I’m calling won’t even entertain an ADM.

They talk about it like it’s something illegal. If you have to wait anyway don’t pay.
Most dealers that dont do ADM also go off previous transaction history - you are not getting in front of someone who has bought a car from them in the past no matter what number you are on a "list". Its just a way to keep their leads on hand in the event the car doesnt get scooped up by someone else.

Read about usctrojanGT3 in this thread - has bought multiple times and still waiting. These dealers that are sharing this info for you are being polite and nice, but reality is always differing.

Last edited by redmonkey928; 09-01-2021 at 02:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by redmonkey928:
AlexCeres (09-01-2021), Freddie Two Bs (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 02:54 PM
Mjort316
Intermediate

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Most dealers that dont do ADM also go off previous transaction history - you are not getting in front of someone who has bought a car from them in the past no matter what number you are on a "list". Its just a way to keep their leads on hand in the event the car doesnt get scooped up by someone else.

Read about usctrojanGT3 in this thread - has bought multiple times and still waiting. These dealers that are sharing this info for you are being polite and nice, but reality is always differing.
Yea I’ve heard that. Same thing with “if you’re going to be servicing the car there” which obviously I won’t be. That’s why I’m trying to get on as many single digit lists as I can. One will break through.

Most are in the 20s.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:57 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928

VIPs are spending very large amounts of money every year. "large" varies by region, but in CA or NYC it's going to be in the million dollar range. Some of them buy "one of everything". Seriously. Others co-sponsor community events with the dealer. Like little league teams and charity fundraisers.

If you have to ask, you're not a VIP. Most deals get more allocations than VIPs, but those were people on the wait list when the 991.2 was still a thing.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:33 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Appreciate it. I did not ask I plan on following up with him frequently to see if hopefully one or two people drop off in near future. Will ask then. The no ADM is huge. $15K is about my limit. I don’t think any ADM is that low.

Still trying to get on another. The dealer in Massachusetts seemed deflated over the one they have sitting. I mean $100K over for something you didn’t get to spec yourself is ridiculous.
$100K over...JFC- how about reducing that...holy cow, maybe they seem deflated since inventory is so low. May be depressing for them.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:38 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Thumbs up! Great info, thanks.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:06 AM
gt3dude
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 74 Posts

I thought long and hard when i decided to order a gt3. Theres nothing in the price range of 200-250k (new) that entertains me. I think the gt3 is priced perfectly.

The adm got worse and worse and worse over time. There were many dealers who wanted 25-35k in April and May for the first set of cars coming in. Things have taken a turn for the worse as inventory has gone down like crazy.... everyones crying for cars.

Its an insane time were living in.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,109 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3dude
I thought long and hard when i decided to order a gt3. Theres nothing in the price range of 200-250k (new) that entertains me. I think the gt3 is priced perfectly.

The adm got worse and worse and worse over time. There were many dealers who wanted 25-35k in April and May for the first set of cars coming in. Things have taken a turn for the worse as inventory has gone down like crazy.... everyones crying for cars.

Its an insane time were living in.
It's not food, it's not shelter, it's not water...it's just a car. haha And no, the price of the car isn't going to $300k and no it won't appreciate in the longer term because it's a depreciating asset. I don't get all these people being so frantic to buy the car, must be the new shiny toy mentality. It'll be interesting next year when we see used 992.1 GT3 with new allocations being released.
Old 09-02-2021, 02:57 PM
Mjort316
Intermediate

I would do a $15-20K ADM that’s max.

When I get told which I just did today twice $30K+ and you’ll have the car by the end of next year my hands start shaking.

Its real bleak today. Colorado had 100 on their list. One of the biggest snow states. That’s by far the biggest list I’ve seen.

New Jersey harped on location. Soon as guy found out I wasn’t local he told me 2 year wait. I said how many on your list? “I don’t know”. How many do you get in? “I don’t know”.

I just want the car within a year. 8-10 month wait is perfectly fine. Seems impossible at this point.

Florida had sold one off their showroom floor, it was sitting. Saw it on Twitter. The Colorado dealer told me don’t even call California or Florida the ADMs will be absurd.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:23 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

When I get told which I just did today twice $30K+ and you’ll have the car by the end of next year my hands start shaking.

Its real bleak today. Colorado had 100 on their list. One of the biggest snow states. That’s by far the biggest list I’ve seen.

New Jersey harped on location. Soon as guy found out I wasn’t local he told me 2 year wait. I said how many on your list? “I don’t know”. How many do you get in? “I don’t know”.

I just want the car within a year. 8-10 month wait is perfectly fine. Seems impossible at this point.

Florida had sold one off their showroom floor, it was sitting. Saw it on Twitter. The Colorado dealer told me don’t even call California or Florida the ADMs will be absurd.
In 6 months- Autotrader will be littered with these. Just be patient.
The following 3 users liked this post by Yippiekiaye:
NYCGT3 (09-02-2021), PTS (09-02-2021), TRAKCAR (09-03-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 03:31 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Eh, I think it may be a couple of extra months with the TPMS delays…looks like PAG can’t even finish priority builds for ED.
Old 09-02-2021, 04:18 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,114 Likes on 1,428 Posts

My dealer in the Bay Area has 172 on their list

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
As soon as the RS cars start hitting the States. Is that within a year?
Old 09-02-2021, 04:35 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
My dealer in the Bay Area has 172 on their list

As soon as the RS cars start hitting the States. Is that within a year?
They can't even get street legal GT3s here with the supply problems.

I think people's hopes/dreams of a market flooded with 992 GT3s is fantastical.
The following 5 users liked this post by raymort:
FLACHT6_pilot (09-02-2021), Freddie Two Bs (09-02-2021), motorwerksgroup (09-02-2021), Mr Mojo Risin (09-02-2021), ShakeNBake (09-02-2021)

Quick Reply: Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread