Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 05:33 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
My dealer in the Bay Area has 172 on their list

As soon as the RS cars start hitting the States. Is that within a year?
Thats kind of my point. As soon as the new shiny toy arrives- there will be tons of these available. People need to chill and if you want a car, you will have ample opportunity to get one.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:02 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjort316
I would do a $15-20K ADM that’s max.

When I get told which I just did today twice $30K+ and you’ll have the car by the end of next year my hands start shaking.

Its real bleak today. Colorado had 100 on their list. One of the biggest snow states. That’s by far the biggest list I’ve seen.

New Jersey harped on location. Soon as guy found out I wasn’t local he told me 2 year wait. I said how many on your list? “I don’t know”. How many do you get in? “I don’t know”.

I just want the car within a year. 8-10 month wait is perfectly fine. Seems impossible at this point.

Florida had sold one off their showroom floor, it was sitting. Saw it on Twitter. The Colorado dealer told me don’t even call California or Florida the ADMs will be absurd.
I don’t get it. You said you’d do $20K max. Someone offered you an allocation for $30, guaranteed, and “ your hands start shaking?” For the extra $10K, at this price point , when MANY have paid $50K+, you’re getting a $60,000 headache over $10K extra…. I would tell him your max is $20, offer to split it at $25, then take it either way….

Last edited by NYCGT3; 09-02-2021 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:41 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,141 Posts

I would do a $15-20K ADM that’s max.

When I get told which I just did today twice $30K+ and you’ll have the car by the end of next year my hands start shaking.

Its real bleak today. Colorado had 100 on their list. One of the biggest snow states. That’s by far the biggest list I’ve seen.

New Jersey harped on location. Soon as guy found out I wasn’t local he told me 2 year wait. I said how many on your list? “I don’t know”. How many do you get in? “I don’t know”.

I just want the car within a year. 8-10 month wait is perfectly fine. Seems impossible at this point.

Florida had sold one off their showroom floor, it was sitting. Saw it on Twitter. The Colorado dealer told me don’t even call California or Florida the ADMs will be absurd.
You are basically two years behind the people that were first in line, and you are six months behind those willing to pay 30-50K.

With all of the chip shortages and delays, it is surprising your found two for 30K for a non-local buyer with no past purchases.

While there are those around here that think PAG will make these as long as there are people on a waiting list, if that does ever happen, it looks like it would be years away.
The following users liked this post:
NYCGT3 (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 08:46 PM
Mjort316
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NYCGT3
I don’t get it. You said you’d do $20K max. Someone offered you an allocation for $30, guaranteed, and “ your hands start shaking?” For the extra $10K, at this price point , when MANY have paid $50K+, you’re getting a $60,000 headache over $10K extra…. I would tell him your max is $20, offer to split it at $25, then take it either way….
10K extra for over a year wait. That’s flat out insulting. Why would would I pay you a premium to give me something with the same delay other dealers are offering with no ADM. If he said 30K and you’ll have it in 6-8 months I am game.

I do not want to speak to soon but I believe I finally got it. Dealer has me supposedly 3rd on the list. There are 10 people, and he said if I give a $10K deposit he will move me to third. Gave it. They’re closed. I have to see tomorrow exactly if they are getting 3 more. Hopefully.

No ADM either. So many calls I hope it’s finally over.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:16 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 78 Posts

10K extra for over a year wait. That’s flat out insulting. Why would would I pay you a premium to give me something with the same delay other dealers are offering with no ADM. If he said 30K and you’ll have it in 6-8 months I am game.

I do not want to speak to soon but I believe I finally got it. Dealer has me supposedly 3rd on the list. There are 10 people, and he said if I give a $10K deposit he will move me to third. Gave it. They’re closed. I have to see tomorrow exactly if they are getting 3 more. Hopefully.

Congratulations. But I will be extra careful, just remember how you were moved to 3rd. Suppose someone a few days later is willing to pay for a 10k adm and willing to put 20k down, is that guy going to be 3rd instead of you? Under a time when dealers charging adm on 992 GT3 seem are a common practice, I would think twice if the deal is too good to be true. From my own experience, the dealer could take you off from an allocation and give it to someone else before your order is locked.
I am also hunting for a GT3 allocation. To be frank, 30k or 20k adm doesn’t make a huge difference as long as the deposit is refundable.
NYCGT3 (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 09:53 PM
Mjort316
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.JDK
Congratulations. But I will be extra careful, just remember how you were moved to 3rd. Suppose someone a few days later is willing to pay for a 10k adm and willing to put 20k down, is that guy going to be 3rd instead of you? Under a time when dealers charging adm on 992 GT3 seem are a common practice, I would think twice if the deal is too good to be true. From my own experience, the dealer could take you off from an allocation and give it to someone else before your order is locked.
I am also hunting for a GT3 allocation. To be frank, 30k or 20k adm doesn’t make a huge difference as long as the deposit is refundable.
He just texted me I am 10th. Last time he looked I would have been 3rd that was weeks ago. You cannot make this up. He said they’re allocated 4 right now “but we should be getting more”.

Doubt it will be 10. It just won’t be. I’ve called plenty of dealers that were getting 15-20. I just know this one is getting like 8. It is what it is.

I don’t know who you have been calling but ADMs are not common place. It’s about 50/50. I’ve called every Porsche in probably 14 states so far.

Last edited by Mjort316; 09-02-2021 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:02 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

He just texted me I am 10th. Last time he looked I would have been 3rd that was weeks ago. You cannot make this up. He said they’re allocated 4 right now “but we should be getting more”.

Doubt it will be 10. It just won’t be. I’ve called plenty of dealers that were getting 15-20. I just know this one is getting like 8. It is what it is.

I don’t know who you have been calling but ADMs are not common place. It’s about 50/50. I’ve called every Porsche in probably 14 states so far.

How many 992.1 will they make over a 2 year period? 6000? Let’s say 50% of those are going to come to the US so say 3000 gt3s. There are 189 dealerships in the US. That averages out to roughly 16 allocations per dealership. Some will get more, some less- but on average 16/ dealership.

If you are truly 10th on a list, 100% chance you will get one. I would say 9 of those 10 are on multiple lists just like you are.

Just be patient- you will get a car. They will make tons. Zero reason not to make tons. Chip shortage will eventually go away.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:28 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
How many 992.1 will they make over a 2 year period? 6000? Let’s say 50% of those are going to come to the US so say 3000 gt3s. There are 189 dealerships in the US. That averages out to roughly 16 allocations per dealership. Some will get more, some less- but on average 16/ dealership.

If you are truly 10th on a list, 100% chance you will get one. I would say 9 of those 10 are on multiple lists just like you are.

Just be patient- you will get a car. They will make tons. Zero reason not to make tons. Chip shortage will eventually go away.
I'm not so optimistic....Being in the industry, the chip shortages are real and I feel it daily with parts shortages, etc. I can tell you this chip shortage won't correct itself for at least 6-8 months. They make GT cars for a 2.5 year run. The first 1.5 year is essentially allocated for. There just won't be as many 992.1 GT3s as previous ones. I seriously doubt there'll be a 2024 model. The 992.1 GT3 will run from from April 2021 through 1st quarter 2023. We're nearly 1/4 of the way through the cycle already and the next 25-40% of the cycle is already allocated for.

Last edited by motorwerksgroup; 09-02-2021 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:38 PM
sherpacycling
Advanced

Received 82 Likes on 30 Posts

I wouldn't get too attached to a timeframe. This is a patience game. Your car could be sitting in port waiting on a pressure sensor for weeks or delayed because there's another Covid outbreak and production slows down. You might as well get yourself on the no ADM list and start rooting for the Browns to win the Superbowl. I have only ordered two Porsches but in both cases, it has had frustrating moments and it has taken longer than I wish.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:42 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
I'm not so optimistic....Being in the industry, the chip shortages are real and I feel it daily with parts shortages, etc. I can tell you this chip shortage won't correct itself for at least 6-8 months. They make GT cars for a 2.5 year run. The first 1.5 year is essentially allocated for. There just won't be as many 992.1 GT3s as previous ones. I seriously doubt there'll be a 2024 model. The 992.1 GT3 will run from from April 2021 through 1st quarter 2023. We're nearly 1/4 of the way through the cycle already and the next 25-40% of the cycle is already allocated for.
If the only way someone is willing to buy a car is if they can spec it out fresh- then ok- you may be right. I still think there will be plenty of options to get it new if you really want but let’s say for a second you are right.

Then the 992.2 comes out. Then the RS. Then the 2rs. My point being Porsche is not going to stop making cars and believing this shortage is forever is not realistic. 97 992.2 manual GT3s for sale on Autotrader today.

They will make plenty of cars and most people are going to spec Shark Blue or Carrera white. From your own thread like 1/4 of the cars people are getting is shark blue. So there will be tons of these available
with all the usual excuses- need the cash, wife hates it, didn’t realize how rough the car ride is- etc etc. You and I have seen it over abs over again. there will be lots of low mileage options to choose from soon enough.

The only person who could
potentially get screwed is if someone wanted do to a one off color with lots of CXX, but hey/ that’s a problem with every brand. More buyers for a Pista then cars. More buyers for a 765 LT than cars. More buyers for a Lambo SVJ 63 than cars available.

motorwerksgroup (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 10:49 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

If the only way someone is willing to buy a car is if they can spec it out fresh- then ok- you may be right. I still think there will be plenty of options to get it new if you really want but let’s say for a second you are right.

Then the 992.2 comes out. Then the RS. Then the 2rs. My point being Porsche is not going to stop making cars and believing this shortage is forever is not realistic. 97 992.2 manual GT3s for sale on Autotrader today.

They will make plenty of cars and most people are going to spec Shark Blue or Carrera white. From your own thread like 1/4 of the cars people are getting is shark blue. So there will be tons of these available
with all the usual excuses- need the cash, wife hates it, didn’t realize how rough the car ride is- etc etc. You and I have seen it over abs over again. there will be lots of low mileage options to choose from soon enough.

The only person who could
potentially get screwed is if someone wanted do to a one off color with lots of CXX, but hey/ that’s a problem with every brand. More buyers for a Pista then cars. More buyers for a 765 LT than cars. More buyers for a Lambo SVJ 63 than cars available.
I think those that would like a fresh build that they can wholly spec themselves may get screwed perhaps. But yes, I agree that if you simply want a 992.1 GT3, there will be some to choose from with delivery/low mileage as you suggested.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:53 PM
gt3dude
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 74 Posts

Life’s too short do whatever makes you happy.

LOT of people want the cake and to eat it too. Clearly not in sync with supply and demand right now. It’s simple either you pay up or you’ve paid up enough(bought several cars) that you don’t get ADM. If you’re a first time buyer and walked away with no adm go and buy yourself a lotto ticket.

All Truths , no bs.
The following 3 users liked this post by gt3dude:
NYCGT3 (09-03-2021), seanhaus (09-02-2021), sherpacycling (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 10:56 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
I think those that would like a fresh build that they can wholly spec themselves may get screwed perhaps. But yes, I agree that if you simply want a 992.1 GT3, there will be some to choose from with delivery/low mileage as you suggested.
Perhaos, but if you really want a GT3 and you can’t spec one fresh, but there are plenty available slightly used second hand, are you gonna say no?

I would buy one in a heartbeat and build that relationship with the dealer foe the next round/version.

motorwerksgroup (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 10:57 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt3dude
Life’s too short do whatever makes you happy.

LOT of people want the cake and to eat it too. Clearly not in sync with supply and demand right now. It’s simple either you pay up or you’ve paid up enough(bought several cars) that you don’t get ADM. If you’re a first time buyer and walked away with no adm go and buy yourself a lotto ticket.

All Truths , no bs.
Truth.
Old 09-02-2021, 11:00 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,381 Likes on 840 Posts

Perhaos, but if you really want a GT3 and you can’t spec one fresh, but there are plenty available slightly used second hand, are you gonna say no?
Yes, I would say no. I don't spec it, I don't buy it. Regardless of what someone else on an internet forum suggests I should do. My $, my decision.
Drifting (09-06-2021)

Quick Reply: Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread