Sponsored by:

Post Random Discoveries About the 991

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Gubab
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Spoiler

The rear spoiler moves up when going faster than 75 miles, it moves down again when going slower than 50 miles.

When going over 75 it will move up and stay up even if you keep your speed at around e.g. 60 miles from then on.

Now after driving my GTS Cabriolet for 1 1/2 years i randomly discovered: If you press the button twice, the spoiler will move down even if you drive more than 50 miles but less than 75.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:54 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol
Finally figured out how to turn on the rear fog light, or shall I say light as only the left tail light will get brighter. Put the switch in low beam, then pull the ****. Voila, you can now annoy traffic behind you with one ridiculously bright tail light.

This is useful when someone os following too close to do a "real" Brake check. Flash the rear fog light and they think it's a brake like with one of the sides just out.

Much safer and adds pucker factor for people being too aggressive.

(If you're in the left lane; please don't do this. Just move over.)
Old 12-10-2016, 10:35 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

I was reading over some Cobb Tuning literature and stumbled on two discoveries (for me) that a search shows have only been minimally mentioned in any thread I see. This observations apply to both the 991 and 981 engines:
  1. These engines are MAF-less, something most often seen previously in the tuner community. They do not have a MAF, they use calculated air flow based upon the MAP sensor (manifold air pressure), the ambient temperature, barometric pressure, engine displacement, possibly others? At least there is no need to think about cleaning the MAF on these.
  2. During warm-up when the car is trying to heat up the cats faster, the engine enters "dual injection" mode where the injectors fire during both the intake and the compression stroke. I wonder if the 997.2s did this too since the warm-up growl seemed even more pronounced on those?
Old 12-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,473 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
The rear fog light has come standard on US spec Porsches for a while...our 2008 Cayman has it.
Every Porsche that I've ever owned had that feature. I find it quite useful. Fog is quite common where I live, and fog on I-70 in the mountains can be scary.

Quick Reply: Post Random Discoveries About the 991